Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 538 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking up like a fourth of the Forbidden Journey ride already.

Very true, but they built another Hagrids hut within 200ft of the current one so a few Spiders in the place they are best known wouldn't be out of the question.

EDIT: Here's the video from some random person that re-uploaded it earlier. Hope Universal puts it back soon.

Looks better in the 30 second ad, makes me think this might actually be best ridden in the dark.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Very true, but they built another Hagrids hut within 200ft of the current one so a few Spiders in the place they are best known wouldn't be out of the question.

I don’t think that is “Hagrid’s Hut”, FWIW, at least according to Alicia.

And the spiders are already in the Forbidden Forest in FJ. I just don’t see how another encounter with them again in the Forest wouldn’t feel redundant

How does universal get hit with complaints of switching it up now?

Universal: “All new never before seen creatures and characters in this ride.”

Public:“We want spiders!!!”

Universal:eek:O:

I just think the issue is that many associate the forbidden forest with the possibility of arachnid death... so although there are spiders in the one ride... people want the forest to resemble the books and films?

I just think the issue is that many associate the forbidden forest with the possibility of arachnid death... so although there are spiders in the one ride... people want the forest to resemble the books and films?
Of all the times they’ve gone in the forest in the books/films they only see the spiders in the second of each. There’s precedent for going in the forest and not seeing spiders.

And they are giving us all the other creatures associated with the forest. Centaurs, Unicorn, and newly released Fluffy. Why place overdone spiders there too? The forest is a portion of this ride so they are not needed.

And they are giving us all the other creatures associated with the forest. Centaurs, Unicorn, and newly released Fluffy. Why place overdone spiders there too? The forest is a portion of this ride so they are not needed.

I’m just stating why I think people are thinking that way... they associate the forest with the spiders. That’s all. Didn’t say I share that thought, but it will be a complaint I figure by some.

Amazing what a mess you can start (accidently) just by asking where the Spiders are ;)

On a different subject, has it been confirmed if there will be any sound on the coaster trains at all? (Apologies if covered previously and I've missed it) Whether thats motorbike engine sounds or some kind of ride soundrack?

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I'
I think that the spike while it looks thrilling is a missed opportunity for a fantastic show scene (yes probably involving spiders). A lesser incline in an enclosed cave with Aragog and his children chasing you backwards out of the cave. Oh well......
According to one of the key insiders,in private discussions, the original enclosed concept cave for the spike did indeed have spiders. Since the full enclosure was shelved earlier, the spiders may have gone the way of the enclosure.

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say for the better. 44" would've opened up the ride to more people to ride, which makes for longer wait times, sure, but the problem Universal faces right now is not enough attractions younger children can ride. I get really small children aren't ready for this. I'm not arguing that. But at 5-6 you're typically ready for these types of thrills, but the average height of even a 6 year old is only 44"-47". It's not until children are 7-8 years old where the average child hits 48".

This causes a problem within WWoHP as all 3 main attractions (FJ, Gringotts and Hagrid) will now be 48", Hippogriff is 36" and HE is all ages, but it's more or less a form of transportation. Now 48" is better than the 54" that Dragon Challenge was and it's a much more fitting experience to the land. I just know that Many parents come to UOR from a Disney vacation because their older kids want to come, but there's not enough to satisfy the littler ones. This isn't just some made up stuff either, this is stuff I hear about a decent amount.

Now I get Universal and Disney aren't necessarily targeting the same audiences, but with Universal trying to bite into those that go to WDW, they are getting more and more families staying on-site which in turn means they also need to build more rides that aren't motion simulators/3D rides and have limited or no height requirements. The older crowd can have their thrills, but while they get the thrills there also has to be a little something for everyone else who either won't/can't ride such an attraction or isn't tall enough. I know @Andy has talked about how hard it is as a parent of a young child to go to Universal.

EDIT: This sort of spun out into a general resort post by accident. I'm extremely excited for the ride, just making note of something with the height requirements in the WWoHP for the main attractions.
Universal isn’t really for little children.

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say for the better. 44" would've opened up the ride to more people to ride, which makes for longer wait times, sure, but the problem Universal faces right now is not enough attractions younger children can ride. I get really small children aren't ready for this. I'm not arguing that. But at 5-6 you're typically ready for these types of thrills, but the average height of even a 6 year old is only 44"-47". It's not until children are 7-8 years old where the average child hits 48".

This causes a problem within WWoHP as all 3 main attractions (FJ, Gringotts and Hagrid) will now be 48", Hippogriff is 36" and HE is all ages, but it's more or less a form of transportation. Now 48" is better than the 54" that Dragon Challenge was and it's a much more fitting experience to the land. I just know that Many parents come to UOR from a Disney vacation because their older kids want to come, but there's not enough to satisfy the littler ones. This isn't just some made up stuff either, this is stuff I hear about a decent amount.

Now I get Universal and Disney aren't necessarily targeting the same audiences, but with Universal trying to bite into those that go to WDW, they are getting more and more families staying on-site which in turn means they also need to build more rides that aren't motion simulators/3D rides and have limited or no height requirements. The older crowd can have their thrills, but while they get the thrills there also has to be a little something for everyone else who either won't/can't ride such an attraction or isn't tall enough. I know @Andy has talked about how hard it is as a parent of a young child to go to Universal.

EDIT: This sort of spun out into a general resort post by accident. I'm extremely excited for the ride, just making note of something with the height requirements in the WWoHP for the main attractions.

I agree with your post in it's entirety. And as someone who has brought kids to Universal since my youngest was a year old, I can speak from experience that UOR isn't good *at all* for little kids. Even with the recent push for more family rides (kong, F&F, Fallon all at 36"), there is almost no reason to go to Universal with kids smaller than 42" outside of multiple-child families. But even then, I'd steer them towards Disney for sure.

My point (which I didn't elaborate on) was that if one seat was 48" and the other was 44", then someone would automatically think the 48" is the "better" or more intense of the two. And considering the overwhelming majority of riders on this ride will be over 48" (or would have been had 44" been allowed), it's creating a negative image for one seat that really isn't necessary.

If that makes sense at all.

I think the new park will be more oriented towards family inclusion, and will have a plethora of attractions amenable to families with younger children. That said, it appears Universal is buttressing IOA as it's thrill park, especially with this and the Jurassic Park coaster being added. They probably view Seuss Landing & Camp Jurassic/Pterandon Flyers as sufficient offerings for younger children in a park that's mostly geared to teens/2o somethings/30 somethings. USF has a broader demographic appeal than IOA, and is more a catch all for all age groups, including youngsters and oldsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.