The Further Adventures of Walt's Frozen Head | Inside Universal Forums

The Further Adventures of Walt's Frozen Head

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

jtsalien

V.I.P. Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
Somebody shot another "guerrilla" film inside WDW. This time about Walt's Frozen head still being around somewhere. The YouTube Synopsis States: "The Further Adventures of Walt’s Frozen Head is a quirky comedy about the unlikely friendship between the frozen head of Walt and Peter, a Magic Kingdom Cast Member. During his yearly dethaw to oversee the direction of his company and guard his creative legacy, Walt demands to be allowed up to see his final dream, Walt Disney World. When management scoffs, he recruits Peter to kidnap him for a day in the Magic Kingdom. "

It's a funny idea for a film, but the acting looks Flight of Passage Pre-show levels of bad.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It reminds me of MST3K, and it's amazing.

The film has premiered now on Youtube. Watching it, and it's fascinating to see the love and effort put into it.

It's much more fun than Escape from Tomorrow (although, anything is more enjoyable than that piece of filth), and Rob kills it as Walt.
Escape From Tomorrow was so cringy with how pervy it was.

Escape From Tomorrow was so cringy with how pervy it was.

Escape from Tomorrow was messy and ultimately not satisfying because it didn't strike the chord with its Lynchian weirdness, but it did have a lot of compelling ideas in the lie of the American dream and indeed the false perfection of the Disney Vacation. The perviness I felt was justified for how we were supposed to view the main character. An ambitious and inspired effort, if not altogether a good film.

I'm sad to hear this isn't gelling, either. It's a super fun premise and the filmmaker is a nice guy. Good film actors are surprisingly tough to come by.

Full disclosure: the writer/director is a friend, and I donated to his Kickstarter and appear in the end credits.

If you give this a chance, I think you'd all like it. It is a Disney park nerd movie, with a ton of in-jokes. At the same time one of its themes is why do we "need" theme parks. And it captures the feel of those classic 60s/70s Disney screwball comedies, which were also cheap and corny but beloved by a lot of us.

Yeah it was done on a shoestring budget, but there's a lot of heart, it's not the perv-fest that was Escape from Tomorrow.

Obviously I'm completely biased. But my girlfriend, a more casual Disney fan who has no problem sharing her disdain of many things I like, enjoyed it enough to make a post-Kickstarter donation to the tip jar.

I saw the online premier on Thursday, and honestly I enjoyed it. Lots of wonderful lil in-jokes, some pretty nice shots inside the parks and Rob made for a fantastic Walt. Now as with most indie films, there's certainly a small budget and whatnot so you're going to have some common flaws, but I appreciate when it came to the filming, it was done on some sort of actual location and not painfully bad green screens. Not to mention, you could tell there was legit passion behind this project.

I can't say the same bout' Escape from Tomorrow, a "film" devoid of any passion except to pat it's own back about it being filmed in Disney parks and not about the film itself. Probably for good reason because the actual film is just painful to watch with not a single likable character in the whole batch, it runs on the "Disney is EVIL" idea which has been parodied and joked about by everyone else. It ain't scary, it ain't funny, it's just not entertaining in the slightest. Not to mention this felt way cheaper too with some real bad/obvious green screens. Seriously, the last scene in The Florida Project (While not everyone's cup of tea, is objectively better than EfT.) is far better shot and more impactful than anything in EfT.

*coughs* So Walt's Frozen Head, it's a fun little indie film.

This is a kickstarter fan film that I watched for free on YouTube so I guess I can’t be too harsh but oof, this isn’t very good. The only thing I can say I genuinely enjoyed was the performance for Walt. I only watched the movie because of the secretly filmed in parks gimmick, but that was what, maybe 15% of the film. The rest is uninteresting buildup that’s not even well made. I’d only recommend if you’re a die hard Disney parks fan.

And the idea that this is somehow better than escape from tomorrow is absolute lunacy.

Reactions: Clive