Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

I wonder if they'll have Deadpool appear in the parks. Obviously a PG version of himself, but it could still be an extremely popular meet-n-greet. He could just say snarky things to guests, essentially what Gaston does.

The Fox Deal does not change or impact the Marvel/Universal Deal.

Deadpool is part of the X-Men family. He's off-limits.

DP, as Variety has learned that Chris Aronson, Heather Phillips, Julie Rieger, Mike Dunn, Andrew Cripps are also being left behind.

Fox Layoffs Start Following Disney Deal – Variety

Additionally, Fox TV is seemingly being quiet; as Pilot Season is just about going. And for Fox Searchlight, the current Co-Heads are staying; alongside 21CF's Vice President Emma Watts.

And Fox 2000, is apparently set to close once Joe Wright's next film finishes.

Last edited:
To me, this seems more just a case of redundancy. They're keeping Fox Searchlight which does very similar, small-scale films just like Fox 2000 does. So I think they're just consolidating them into just using Fox Searchlight.

It is unfortunate about Gabler, but I have a feeling another studio will pick her up.

To me, this seems more just a case of redundancy. They're keeping Fox Searchlight which does very similar, small-scale films just like Fox 2000 does. So I think they're just consolidating them into just using Fox Searchlight.

It is unfortunate about Gabler, but I have a feeling another studio will pick her up.
Thinking about it more, you may be right. Fox Searchlight has the better brand recognition and reputation, as well.

Thinking about it more, you may be right. Fox Searchlight has the better brand recognition and reputation, as well.

Yup! Just in the past 10 years Searchlight has released 4 of the Best Picture winners (Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, and The Shape of Water), plus TONS of acting and technical awards. And while Fox 2000 definitely has released some great films, they haven't had too many huge award contenders. They seem to mostly do book adaptations, which could for sure be moved over to Searchlight.

Again, not saying it's great. But I feel like some of the online chatter is making it sound worse than it is.

So can someone lay out exactly what happens with the programming on the FOX channel? Do they stay there, or now move to ABC?

Fox still is running but instead of having a majority of their tv lineup come from 20th Century Fox Television, it will be reduced to 25%with them picking more shows from Sony and WB with a focus on live sports and reality. Additionally all shows broadcasted will be co-owned. So essentially any show remaining on Fox after the next pilot season will be co-owned by Fox/ABC if they are a Fox television produced shows and other studios.

Fun Fact: South Park was going to be a show on FOX. They ultimately rejected it because of Mr. Hankey. Imagine South Park being owned by Disney. Trey & Matt would have to answer to this:

Fox still is running but instead of having a majority of their tv lineup come from 20th Century Fox Television, it will be reduced to 25%with them picking more shows from Sony and WB with a focus on live sports and reality. Additionally all shows broadcasted will be co-owned. So essentially any show remaining on Fox after the next pilot season will be co-owned by Fox/ABC if they are a Fox television produced shows and other studios.
Fox has said they are going to move to a lot more live sports as well. Disney did essentially buy the existing FOX channel in this deal since FOX relied so much on their own studio.

I just hope with this Disney/Fox deal that they dont make or tell Ryan Murphy to tone down AHS, especially since it was set for seasons 9 & 10 well before the deal I think. Shall see I know AHS starts filming in June maybe it will be AHS:MAGIC KINGDOM. Sorry had do it Plus seen this courtesy of Yahoo Finace

Ryan Murphy has already joked about putting Mickey Mouse in “American Horror Story,” and too soon

Attachments

• 8c89268fc4e6d40244474a6a2eaa3ac1.jpg
    8c89268fc4e6d40244474a6a2eaa3ac1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
Fox has said they are going to move to a lot more live sports as well. Disney did essentially buy the existing FOX channel in this deal since FOX relied so much on their own studio.

In the fall they'll have NFL on Thursdays, WWE on Fridays, College Football on Saturdays...that's 3 of the 7 nights taken up by sports.

To note from Cinemacon,

Blue Sky, Searchlight, and 20CF are all now prominently displayed alongside the rest of the brands; as Fox is teasing more from franchises like Alien, Apes, and Kingsman.

Additionally, Breakthrough will be the first Co-Distributed film between Disney and 20CF.

To note from Cinemacon,

Blue Sky, Searchlight, and 20CF are all now prominently displayed alongside the rest of the brands; as Fox is teasing more from franchises like Alien, Apes, and Kingsman.

Additionally, Breakthrough will be the first Co-Distributed film between Disney and 20CF.
I wouldn’t put it past Disney to put Planet of the Apes in DAK. Not even kidding.