Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

How big is the old theatre this is replacing? and is it being expanded? Curious how this compares in size to other rides.

Just to wade in on the quality of Marvel attractions - although we have very little info about it the Avengers ride planned for Hong Kong looks pretty amazing and perhaps shows that Disney can design a good Marvel ride when they try:
latest
It does look grand. The design/shape of the exterior actually reminds me of Horizons a bit here. Let's keep in mind that this is for HKDL though.

Is the Avengers ride still rumored to be a coaster like Rockin Roller Coaster? Or has it changed to something else?

I thought it's always been a form of the Vekoma Controlled Spinning Coaster for both HKDL and DCA?

Because if I'm not mistaken, the RnRC rumor was from years ago, far past anything being announced.

How big is the old theatre this is replacing? and is it being expanded? Curious how this compares in size to other rides.

Just to wade in on the quality of Marvel attractions - although we have very little info about it the Avengers ride planned for Hong Kong looks pretty amazing and perhaps shows that Disney can design a good Marvel ride when they try:
latest

Spider-Man has it's own separate facade, different than what that is.

And even then, both DLP/DCA, do have differences from eachother.

..My guess, is that you should expect Avengers over at the expansion plot next to Mission Breakout.

Something like this:

upload_2019-3-22_20-8-37.png

Spider-Man has it's own separate facade, different than what that is.

And even then, both DLP/DCA, do have differences from eachother.

..My guess, is that you should expect Avengers over at the expansion plot next to Mission Breakout.

Something like this:

View attachment 9174

Thanks for the explain! :)

Proximity wise I have to think that eventually they will take out Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters at some point in the future (years away) to expand Marvel land.

I guess I’m behind... I was under the assumption the Avengers ride was supposed to be like RotR.

I thought the same or similar, never heard of it being a coaster. Also sure I read some kind of Kuka arm rumour somewhere - guess we won't know for sure for a few years!

I thought the same or similar, never heard of it being a coaster. Also sure I read some kind of Kuka arm rumour somewhere - guess we won't know for sure for a few years!
I believe that was a rumor for Paris. Iron Man is taking over RNRC out in WDSP though so a coaster would seem a tad redundant.

For those who do somewhat care..
Hong Kong Disneylands making the move, on connecting their attractions to each other. And while we got a little bit of that in the sense of Monsters After Dark for MB being a "indirect" sequel to the original rendition of that; they have finally done it on a bit of a larger scale; by connecting the events of Marvel's Iron Man Experience, to Nano Bot Battle. How it's done, is more by referencing the Bot attacks that do take place during the events of Iron Man Experience, indicating the story that they're doing for Hong Kong is more of a "secret Hydra invasion".

I am..morbidly curious, to see if Marvel Studios is also working on a separate story for the sake of the DCA and Paris versions as-well, as they do have seemingly narrative plans for Spider-Man; through the means of WEB. Not to mention, the initial teasing of Avengers for DCA altogether.

I thought Disney weren’t allowed to build simulators in the U.S. based on Marvel characters, per the contract? Or am I misremembering things?

I kinda wonder if Disney would have gone all out for Marvel if they could use the IP in all the parks. What they're doing right now is underwhelming.
It seems like theme parks in general are figuring out that IP delivers more than rides. That's why Universal could get away with a bad F+F ride and Disney could get away with the Frozen boat ride.