Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando/Disney World Trip

Sep 5, 2018
I was wondering what would be a good budget for this. I get into Universal Orlando for free since I will have comp tickets from my girlfriend working in USH and being able to trade her tickets for orlando's. But I probably will have to pay full price at Disney. What would also be a good time to go? Any help is appreciated. This is not time sensitive as Im not planning on going this year or even next year, Just starting to think about going finally.

I've been there in late April, May & October, early December. Parks are moderate crowds, but not slammed. Weather is decent. Not that miserable hot rainy summer weather. I'm trying mid November this year for a change.

September is the sweet spot for me weather and crowd wise. For WDW, 2021 is the ideal time as all the major new rides should be open and you’ll hopefully get more bang for your bucks.

Are you wanting to stay on site?

September is the sweet spot for me weather and crowd wise. For WDW, 2021 is the ideal time as all the major new rides should be open and you’ll hopefully get more bang for your bucks.

No do not mind staying off sight and having to commute to the parks and all that.

what else would WDW have that we don't have here in California?

First weekend in December. Christmas is rolled out, no one is in the parks, and it’s cool but not too cold.
First weekend in december or January?

Last edited by a moderator:
No do not mind staying off sight and having to commute to the parks and all that.

The Rosen Inn are quite well priced and in a good location with easy access to WDW and Universal. Endless Summer would also be a great option if you're on a budget.

what else would WDW have that we don't have here in California?

The new rides coming by 2021 will be:
Tron
Guardians coaster
Ratatouille
Mickey and Minnie Railway (Although this could be open in DL by then)

Taking away all the like for like rides like Radiator Spring Racers to Test Track, Indiana Jones to Dinosaur and Guardians to Tower of Terror, the newish rides you'll have would be:

The only major other ride would be Everest, Seven Dwarf Mine Train, maybe Rock n Roller Coaster and the bits an bobs at Epcot.

Whats an estimate budget then?

You're probably best off plugging in dates to Expedia (or travel website of your choice) and see what the price is. It's hard to give a budget when there's a lot of things in flux - how many days, park hoppers, when you go, what type of hotel you go for, etc.

Go literally NOW. Spring break is over, then Summer is gonna be a mess and once summer ends it's Galaxy's Edge and HHN. At that point big crowds are unavoidable.
Ehh... Spring Break crowds are STILL here and Easter crowds are coming in not too long. IMO, Early May is a better time period. Kids still in school, Summer vacations not yet started, etc.