Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea when they'll start it, since there's good arguments for both an early summer start and/or a start after the bridge is built. BUT, an overflow bridge really shouldn't matter, since they're still running the Hogwart's night show on most evenings now, and the bridge is gone. It's tough for crowd control, but a new show can't get the area any more crowded. Anytime I've been back there for the present show, it's shoulder to shoulder crowded with no space anywhere. A new show won't be able to fit any more people in that space, so why wait for the bridge to be built. If they had closed down the present show because of the lack of an overflow bridge, then it would make sense to wait until it's built. But the fact they're still running a show that brings capacity crowds should make the argument for crowd control delaying the start of a new show a moot point.
The overflow bridge matters for much more than crowded days. It's extensively used by TM's to get to their place of work without going through Potter, which TMs can't go through unless they are in Potter wardrobe. The only way to get to their work location other wise is to go all the way around backstage, which can/will be much longer than the straight shot through JP.

I feel like I have said this about 5 times now and no one seems to realize that that's been the main use of the bridge.

The overflow bridge matters for much more than crowded days. It's extensively used by TM's to get to their place of work without going through Potter, which TMs can't go through unless they are in Potter wardrobe. The only way to get to their work location other wise is to go all the way around backstage, which can will be much longer than the straight shot through JP.

I feel like I have said this about 5 times now and no one seems to realize that that's been the main use of the bridge.
Yes, I realize that. I'm just saying it really shouldn't matter on which show is playing since it's jam packed always. They definitely need the bridge, for a number of reasons.

I'd be cool with Mack. They haven't worked with Universal to this point, correct? Would be fun to get another manufacturer involve, especially one used to working with more theming elements

They've worked with Universal twice.

One, for Space Fantasy (spinning); and the other being the Hollywood with Hippogriff (youngstar).

I could see Mack and UC working alongside on themed elements, more specifically for Launch 1.

Wasn't there someone on here last year who was adamant that it was going to be a Mack, complete with the signature jojo roll out of the station?

Not that there's a whole lot of difference between an Intamin blitz and a Mack, but if it's a Mack I'd lean a little closer to it not being as intense as the initial reports. I've yet to ride a Mack launch coaster, but they look a lot slower in real POVs than they do in the renders. Copperhead Strike looks like their best example, but most of the Mack layouts seem to be a lot more uninspired than Intamin layouts tend to be.

Wasn't there someone on here last year who was adamant that it was going to be a Mack, complete with the signature jojo roll out of the station?

Not that there's a whole lot of difference between an Intamin blitz and a Mack, but if it's a Mack I'd lean a little closer to it not being as intense as the initial reports. I've yet to ride a Mack launch coaster, but they look a lot slower in real POVs than they do in the renders. Copperhead Strike looks like their best example, but most of the Mack layouts seem to be a lot more uninspired than Intamin layouts tend to be.

Yeah @GAcoaster I believe.

I don’t see how this is a Mack but I’d be the first to admit others know more about this project than I do. Also if it is Mack then I think we should throw any existing designs out the window.

Having ridden Copperhead Strike, I wouldn’t call it “uninspired”. It’s a great coaster, but if it is intensity you’re looking for, you’re riding the wrong coaster.

I haven’t been to Universal yet (first trip should be this August), but I think a Mack would be a much better fit for IoA than another Intamin. It would be a counter to Hulk’s intensity, and it would be much more accessible.

Two thoughts on the Mack thing.

It would be odd to be contracting with two different coaster manufacturers to build similar coasters at the same time/back to back.

It would be really odd to build two similar coasters by the same manufacturer back to back and right next to each other.

See how I hedged my bets there? lol But the odd thing is they are working on two multi-launch coasters(even if they are different ride experiences) at the same time right next to each other. It's kinda like there were two decision making bodies who weren't aware of what the other was doing.

Even just looking at the overhead layout, the ride looks much more Intamin than Mack. The two points that stick out to me in particular are the top hat and the wave turn in the last double helix. The top hat looks quite similar to Parc Asterix’s 2021 Intamin which turns on the way up and has a straight drop, while mack has yet to do a “normal” top hat like that. The wave turn at the end looks to be exactly the same as the one near the end of the Asterix Intamin as well. Macks tend to be more normal and tame with their layouts, while the one we have looks far more aggressive than most of what Mack would do.

Having ridden Copperhead Strike, I wouldn’t call it “uninspired”. It’s a great coaster, but if it is intensity you’re looking for, you’re riding the wrong coaster.

I haven’t been to Universal yet (first trip should be this August), but I think a Mack would be a much better fit for IoA than another Intamin. It would be a counter to Hulk’s intensity, and it would be much more accessible.
It was characterized to us by the insiders as Taron levels of intensity, which fits nothing in Mack's wheelhouse. Like I said, Copperhead Strike looks to me like the most fun for a Mack launcher, but it's not even remotely close to Taron. What do I know though? I've haven't ridden either of them. Watching POVs of nearly every new Mack, they look to slog through the layout as if they're not powering the launches to the extents they show in animations.

As @gabe3235 pointed out, they leaked layout definitely screams Intamin more than Mack. Especially after seeing the layout of the BGW Intamin that looks like a hybrid between the JW coaster and Hagrids.

Technically. But they have an unending bond together to become one.

Never thought I'd be open to hearing relationship advice from trees, but hey, they seem to have made things work. :)

But the odd thing is they are working on two multi-launch coasters(even if they are different ride experiences) at the same time right next to each other. It's kinda like there were two decision making bodies who weren't aware of what the other was doing.

Plus their only other coaster in IOA is also a (single) launch coaster. I'm a launch gal over traditional lift hills, but I'm surprised they wouldn't mix it up a little.

Universal just took out TWO major thrill coasters. Hulk hurts my head, and they're already doing a counter to it with Motorbike. I would be very disappointed if it's a Mack.

Last edited:
Universal just took out TWO major thrill coasters. And Hulk hurts my head. So no thanks.

Is Taron really that great? It doesn't have inversions, and comes across to me as more like Motorbike. Now, the theming for it seems GORGEOUS, but this is supposed to be a big thrill coaster. I would be very disappointed if it's a Mack.
Taron is the fastest multi-launch coaster in the world, with a top speed of almost 73 mph, so yes I'd say it is that great and would consider it a big thrill coaster like the JW coaster is rumored to be. There's kinda a reason the comparison has been thrown around in the first place. Both would be Intamin multi-launch blitz coasters.

Taron is the fastest multi-launch coaster in the world, with a top speed of almost 73 mph, so yes I'd say it is that great and would consider it a big thrill coaster like the JW coaster is rumored to be. There's kinda a reason the comparison has been thrown around in the first place. Both would be Intamin multi-launch blitz coasters.

Ah, ok. Really hoping for an Intamin here, regardless. Looking at that CF thread, they didn't have great things to say about Mack launchers.

On the flip side, I'm happy that Motorbike is going to reach 50 MPH. But that's for a different thread, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.