Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Pedantic Technical Stuff: Omnimover is the ride vehicles that can rotate and direct the view of the guest in any direction, hence omnimover. HM and Mermaid are Omnimovers; SSE, Buzz, and Nemo are not Omnimovers.)

...how is Buzz not an omnimover?

About time they announced it. This will be a great fit for USH. To chime in on the whole omnimover debate, the PR said that you will “zip” on a track....implying it will be a little faster than Haunted Mansion or Buzz. I think it will be more like FJ’s omnimover loading style where it will have continuous loading and then speed up to allow spaces between cars to reset scenes.

Well, no... from my understanding the vehicles never separate.

Understood. If I may, this seems almost as if it's to what was spoken of for Kong. If I recall, @Andy went into detail; where the attraction would've had the frontal area more practical and immersive, while behind it is the digital aspects to fleshen out the experience.

This sounds pretty close to that.

An Omnimover used outside of Disney where the vehicles aren't connected but move on a constantly running track is known as an Endless Transit System. The Great American Chocolate Tour at Hershey Park uses this system.

The ones that also stay connected are called Endless Transit Systems. The Hersheypark one is basically the old JII. I'd be surprised if the vehicles separate, I will say that.

...how is Buzz not an omnimover?

Spaceship Earth, Buzz and Nemo are most definitely Omnimovers. The fact that the vehicles can rotate and direct the view of guests is not what defines an Omnimover - it's the underlying ride system that moves "all the vehicles as one" that makes it an Omnimover. Technically Forbidden Journey is an omnimover too, as the vehicles all move at a constant speed and act as one continues chain.

Edit: Well TIL - Just did some further research and apparently Disney's versions specifically did rotate and they coined the phrase, so you're right, it's definitely pedantic to not consider SSE and Nemo not Omnimovers - but the underlying ride systems are still the same. :bonk:

Last edited:
USH didn't even post the announcement on their Instagram. It just seems odd.

I mean, Disney hypes up their new food options more. (Joking of course)

True!
Like I've said before Universal marketing seems a bit odd lately, dissjointed and a bit hap hazard like no one is directing what comes out.

Also... is this the first ride at USH where it isn't a 'something goes wrong' or 'you are in peril' storyline? Nice change up and another reason to like this news! :)

I mean, something will go there eventually

Not if Pokemon goes in Park 3. Or just doesn’t happen
Yeah, it was a bit of sarcasm. Kidzone would be a great spot. Replacing E.T. would be perfect for it. Anyway, we’re getting off topic.

Any estimation on when this might open?

I mean, something will go there eventually

Not if Pokemon goes in Park 3. Or just doesn’t happen

Just kidding buddy.

Replacing E.T. would be perfect for it. Anyway, we’re getting off topic.

Sacrilege! Go and wash your mouth out with soap ;)

Any estimation on when this might open?

Well I guess it's possible we could get a soft opening before Christmas but I'd say the announcement suggests Spring 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.