Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still surprised this isn’t opening this year. They’re flying along with it

Agreed, and I guess it still could for softs.

I'm gonna take the fact it has another 6+ months of construction as a good sign - maybe more time to make the inside truly special?!

Question for all: Would this attraction fit in the old Shrek building in Orlando?

Pets is seemingly clocking at around half an acre. It could easily clock in, as just the showbuilding is at around .56 Acres, and if you include the queue..can go to potentially .1 Acre more.

That said, I would imagine Kidzone would be more likely, more to where Curious George or Barney is at this point, if it does go forward.

__

If anything, I could see them potentially open the area (not exactly the attraction) around by the end of the year; just to get more footspace for the Upper Lot.

I think it’ll be a continuous chain of ride vehicles but not an omnimover.

(Pedantic Technical Stuff: Omnimover is the ride vehicles that can rotate and direct the view of the guest in any direction, hence omnimover. HM and Mermaid are Omnimovers; SSE, Buzz, and Nemo are not Omnimovers.)
SSE briefly did turn to face scenes... but after that unfortunate incident on opening day that was curtailed. I can't remember if "If You Had Wings" turned or not.

I think the facade will look like a new york city block. They could potentially do puppets out of the windows and do a live show like they do at the Magic Kingdom with the Muppets.

Also, rumor is that this ride will have a virtual queue, very similar to Jimmy Fallon in Orlando.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pets is seemingly clocking at around half an acre. It could easily clock in, as just the showbuilding is at around .56 Acres, and if you include the queue..can go to potentially .1 Acre more.

That said, I would imagine Kidzone would be more likely, more to where Curious George or Barney is at this point, if it does go forward.

__

If anything, I could see them potentially open the area (not exactly the attraction) around by the end of the year; just to get more footspace for the Upper Lot.
The Shrek / Hello Kitty plot is actually bigger than you think. It's almost 1 acre exactly (if I did my map right)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 3.51.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 3.51.44 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
SSE briefly did turn to face scenes... but after that unfortunate incident on opening day that was curtailed. I can't remember if "If You Had Wings" turned or not.

Care to elaborate? Didn't know it used to spin.

I think the facade will look like a new york city block. They could potentially do puppets out of the windows and do a live show like they do at the Magic Kingdom with the Muppets.

Also, rumor is that this ride will have a virtual queue, very similar to Jimmy Fallon in Orlando.

You may be on to something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... Universal gonna open a family friendly dark ride with high capacity, physical sets, and a minimal height requirement??

A family ride at a Universal park that is rumored to be an Omnimover...

But I thought Universal would never try to attract parents with younger kids. That’s not their target audience, they’ll fail if they do..

Karen Irwin seems to be the smartest person in Universal with what’s she’s done since inheriting that dumpster fire of a park.

Building one family fun dark ride is different then creating a new theme park full of them in 2022...

Who said a full theme park? It’s a ride that is family based that some people said they would never do. Where are you reading an entire park?

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the argument a few weeks ago regarding the 3rd gate and how the majority of rumored lands are aimed to the under 12 crowd.

Whoa yeah you missed the boat there too didn’t ya.

Whoa yeah you missed the boat there too didn’t ya.

I still hold the opinion that creating another “magic kingdom” is a mistake. You can’t out magic kingdom the magic kingdom. Nostalgia is just too powerful. The IPs that are rumored don’t sound too exciting to me at all, except Nintendo.

That’s just my opinion though. So don’t take it too seriously.

I still hold the opinion that creating another “magic kingdom” is a mistake. You can’t out magic kingdom the magic kingdom. Nostalgia is just too powerful. The IPs that are rumored don’t sound too exciting to me at all, except Nintendo.

That’s just my opinion though. So don’t take it too seriously.

Yeah no one can out MK the MK but I still believe Universal can grab more market share by building "some" more family friendly attractions with minimal height requirements.

But back to topic here, bold prediction Karen Irwin takes over the entire Orlando Resort by the time Fantastic Worlds opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.