Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, ok. Really hoping for an Intamin here, regardless. Looking at that CF thread, they didn't have great things to say about Mack launchers.

On the flip side, I'm happy that Motorbike is going to reach 50 MPH. But that's for a different thread, I suppose.
If it were to be a Mack, I wouldn't be upset. It's better than no coaster at all. The only Macks I've ridden are Slinky Dog and Cobra's Curse. Slinky definitely suffers from something I've noticed in POVs of other Mack launch coasters: lack of speed. It's like they're missing 2-3mph on average throughout the duration of the layout. I get that Slinky is a separate case entirely what with it being meant for kids, but coasters like Icon, Capital Bullet Train, and even Copperhead Strike all look a bit slower on tape than they do on paper. I hope to ride Copperhead soon, so maybe my opinion will change.

Until then, I am fervently in camp 75+ mph Intamin for this project. :grin:

The wording of this would lead me to believe that this might be a separate project for Fantastic Worlds.
Well they teased that it is already under construction, which seems a little bit too early for Universal's new park.
So I think Mack for the Jurassic Coaster is more likely....but I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
He seems to be at rest in that picture.

Indeed, for she is waiting for her herd to catch up to her.

Well they teased that it is already under construction, which seems a little bit too early for Universal's new park.
So I think Mack for the Jurassic Coaster is more likely....but I hope I am wrong.

Honestly, I think Mack-Rides may be a great choice. Especially when you look at the likes of Helix and from what everyone has told me of, from Manta (SWSD). Not to mention, Icon from last year at Blackpool.

Indeed, for she is waiting for her herd to catch up to her.

Honestly, I think Mack-Rides may be a great choice. Especially when you look at the likes of Helix and from what everyone has told me of, from Manta (SWSD). Not to mention, Icon from last year at Blackpool.

Just watched Helix POV. It looks better than CHS, but again, haven't heard the best things about it on CF.

Last edited:
I’m guessing they’re going to start putting in foundations for the bridge. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started foundations for the coaster as well, even if it’s just the section going around the bridge.
I agree on the bridge part. It seems way to large for just the bridge. hopefully that means supports soon

Decent possibility it will be to drive pilings either for the legs of the bridge, or some sort of sheet wall coffer dam so they can drain that part of the lake to do the work there.

They wouldn't use a crane for the land based footer work.

In regards to of the layout looks more like intamin, here are the layouts of the JP coaster and Copperhead Strike . . .
8630lpUKEh4GQTTa1L3d24HPPCkd5r4vvdPgVOeA-eM.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I was instantly drawn to the top hats of both.

They are doing auger pressure grout piles in other words they drill a hole into the ground to a predetermined depth and as they withdraw the auger they pump grout (cement mixture) into the hole. Once that’s fully pumped with grout they install the rebar cage to give it rigidity and strength. Berkel and Company is the subcontractor hired to do the work. Auger Pressure Grouted Piles | Berkel & Company Contractors, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.