Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not gonna lie, I thought they were christmas ornaments at first lol. I'd be more interested if they had a unique flavor for Batuu. Otherwise, I don't think I enjoy Star Wars (or $5 sodas) enough to be excited.

Looks like not a whole lot of new information was imparted at the panel today.

I did find a clip of the discussion about the music, and that first snippet of the new cantina piece sounds VERY in line with the classic cantina music from A NEW HOPE, right down to some of that steel drum action going on. If it’s not a John Williams composition, somebody’s done a great job imitating his style for those pieces.

I still think they should be playing the classics as part of the set, though.

Of course. They want to sell you something that holds less soda, but they can get away with charging more per ounce because "it looks cool".
We have yet to see what Disney’s exact pricing will be, but I don’t think that’s really a fair assumption considering Coke doesn’t even do that when they sell this style. The round bottles have always cost less than the regular bottles when they pop in stores.

Reactions: Andysol
We have yet to see what Disney’s exact pricing will be, but I don’t think that’s really a fair assumption considering Coke doesn’t even do that when they sell this style. The round bottles have always cost less than the regular bottles when they pop in stores.

Thats the difference between promotion in stores and premium in a theme park.

Some "build your own lightsaber" examples are apparently on display at Star Wars Celebration today, and - unfortunately - it looks like the hilts are plastic. The "legacy replica" hilts seem to be metal, however.

If the customizable hilts are, in fact, plastic, I'm certainly not going to pay $110 for one.

Disappointing that they look that way, but I'm more concerned about the blade brightness. If it's on par with the other companies, I'm fine with this for a fun practice saber, not a display one.

Reactions: HPFred
They look somewhat higher-end than the current build-a-lightsaber offerings... but yeah. I'm disappointed in the materials being used.

They can't really charge $100+ for just a hilt like that, can they?
I think some look meh...but the ones in the last picture actually look decent. I super-zoomed on the image and from the reflection it definitely looks to be metal-plated at least.

Reactions: Alicia
Ok whats the tech on the blade? I really dont wanna go that far back. Is it like a roll out see through thing?