Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Classic Monsters/Horror Shop

With how things are turning out for Classic Monsters going forward (with Blumhouse and UFW); all I can say is that I am super happy to see the parks embracing those characters more. And honestly, it's starting to make me wonder if Universal may try to incorporate them more into the parks, outside of having to wait until Late 2022-2023 in some capacity (perhaps updates to Horror Make-Up more to incorporate them further into the show, or letting Orlando's A&D department let rip on the IP again for HHN).

With how things are turning out for Classic Monsters going forward (with Blumhouse and UFW); all I can say is that I am super happy to see the parks embracing those characters more. And honestly, it's starting to make me wonder if Universal may try to incorporate them more into the parks, outside of having to wait until Late 2022-2023 in some capacity (perhaps updates to Horror Make-Up more to incorporate them further into the show, or letting Orlando's A&D department let rip on the IP again for HHN).

Even a character meet n' greet like they have in Hollywood would be great.

Now THAT'S a display!

tenor.gif

A lot of this merchandise and some props seem to have come from Film Vault. Does anyone know what replaced it in the Vault, or is it sold there as well? Would be fun to see new stuff there.

That's too bad. would love to see more merch based on classic properties and that seems redundant. Was hoping it was a gradual switch-over. Still though, if they are selling enough Classic Monster stuff to warrant several locations selling it, that bodes well for Classic Monster Land showing up at the new park. I hope.

That's too bad. would love to see more merch based on classic properties and that seems redundant. Was hoping it was a gradual switch-over. Still though, if they are selling enough Classic Monster stuff to warrant several locations selling it, that bodes well for Classic Monster Land showing up at the new park. I hope.
I do wish there was more unique Monsters stuff. About half of it is that new logo, and I already have the hoodie and the Tervis. Most of the rest is Rock Rebel stuff that you can get way cheaper online.

Just a reminder that when Bourne Stuntacular goes up, this will come down. It may take a few months to get there, but this store is definitely on borrowed time. Check it out while you still can.

Just a reminder that when Bourne Stuntacular goes up, this will come down. It may take a few months to get there, but this store is definitely on borrowed time. Check it out while you still can.

I wonder if they'll keep a small portion of it where HMU lets out.

I wonder if they'll keep a small portion of it where HMU lets out.
Seems that would make good business sense. It's a very large store, and even with the popular Terminator IP, most of the merchandise 'wasn't' Terminator oriented. Bourne, a less known IP, would probably not generate a whole lot of merch. I'm guessing Universal stays with monsters merch for half of the store.

Yeah, if Universal thinks there's a market for Bourne merchandise big enough to warrant taking over the entire square footage of this store... they're making a serious miscalculation.

Bourne could probably support a kiosk out front, but not much more than that.

I don't want to see the Telepods go back into storage.

I don't want to see the Telepods go back into storage.

They're so large and block guest flow, 100% they're going back into storage. The shop was never 100% Terminator stuff either, I could see this become the action movie store with horror movie section.