Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Price Increases (General)

Probably a significant percentage of the one days are WDW tourists coming down for a day of Potter. Universal probably figures that they may as well soak them for as much as they can for that one day trip.

Probably a significant percentage of the one days are WDW tourists coming down for a day of Potter. Universal probably figures that they may as well soak them for as much as they can for that one day trip.

Ya. If they're only raising one and two day tickets, I agree it's totally to get the "I'm spending 10 days at WDW but want to do a day or two at Universal" crowd.

grad bash is going on right now
Grad Bash only had 4 dates this year. I won’t be surprised to see the event get downsized eventually, if not fully cancelled. Right now it’s an event that closes both IOA and USF at 6PM and takes over CityWalk, too. I see the event eventually only being one park.

They also cut on entertainment this year at Grad Bash and instead of getting Pitbull to perform at the event (or someone like him who historically has), the hired a local DJ to perform on the main stage.

Last edited:
Grad Bash only had 4 dates this year. I won’t be surprised to see the event get downsized eventually, if not fully cancelled. Right now it’s an event that closes both IOA and USF at 6PM and takes over CityWalk, too. I see the event eventually only being one park.

They also cut on entertainment this year at Grad Bash and instead of getting Pitbull to perform at the event (or someone like him who historically has), the hired a local DJ to perform on the main stage.
With so many hotel rooms now, having Grad Bash close down both parks & CitiWalk early is a real slap in the face to the many high spending hotel guests. And so are the corporate buyouts that close both parks early. Universal really needs to limit that stuff to one park now that they have drastically increased on site hotels.

With so many hotel rooms now, having Grad Bash close down both parks & CitiWalk early is a real slap in the face to the many high spending hotel guests. And so are the corporate buyouts that close both parks early. Universal really needs to limit that stuff to one park now that they have drastically increased on site hotels.
I couldn’t agree more. They can’t have it both ways. Or if they wanted to keep trying to have it both ways, at least hold the private events later in the night so the parks can still stay open until 7 or 8 on those days.

I do wonder how much they actually make on Grad Bash...It will be nice once they have the new park, I could see Studios becoming the event park even more than it already is

I do wonder how much they actually make on Grad Bash...It will be nice once they have the new park, I could see Studios becoming the event park even more than it already is
I can tell you that the park projections during Grad Bash are not high. Around 22-25K at the most. The kids do spend a lot more money than you would think, however.

I can tell you that the park projections during Grad Bash are not high. Around 22-25K at the most. The kids do spend a lot more money than you would think, however.
I'd guess three of the reasons for still holding grad bash are * It's a holdover event from the times Universal had weak late April/early & mid May attendance *Providing an intro to Universal parks for an age group that is, and will be, in their prime demographic *Good community relations....That said, with all of these new hotel rooms and increased attendance in the spring, I would think grad bash's days are numbered

Last edited:
I'd guess three of the reasons for still holding grad bash are * It's a holdover event from the times Universal had weak late April/early & mid May attendance *Providing an intro to Universal parks for an age group that is, and will be, in their prime demographic *Good community relations....That said, with all of these new hotel rooms and increased attendance in the spring, I would think grad bash's days are numbered

It's also a pain in the butt to coordinate. Lots of buses to park, extra security, etc. ... but it makes them money. With FW coming soon I don't think there will be a problem with Grad Bash once it opens.

Most of the days that Grad Bash are held on are slow days in the park still. The only reason April was as busy as it was this year was because of the late Easter.

*Providing an intro to Universal parks for an age group that is, and will be, in their prime demographic

This. My first "adult" trip to UOR was as a high school freshman, and it created an AP after a few years (which then caused three more familial APs and numerous multiday tickets for friends). Wasn't GradBash (which is mostly Florida, IIRC), but that school trip definitely paid off for them.

I would have to imagine they want to actually lose out on parking fees with increased attendance vs build more parking. But If anyone figures out self driving in the next few years even for short distances from I drive the whole season pass structure might change tho.