Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nothing in the room changed, it just instead of the minion being out in the middle dancing, they are off to the side and you can get pictures with them. But they kind of "dance" but then pose. And now it includes more than just the minions.

Nothing in the room changed, it just instead of the minion being out in the middle dancing, they are off to the side and you can get pictures with them. But they kind of "dance" but then pose. And now it includes more than just the minions.
You know, it seemed like that back in Oct. 2014 when I was last on the ride. We didn't go in 2015 cause we didn't have Express passes. So it sounds like OTPN comments were really out of date and kind of inaccurate. Thanks Izzy.

You know, it seemed like that back in Oct. 2014 when I was last on the ride. We didn't go in 2015 cause we didn't have Express passes. So it sounds like OTPN comments were really out of date and kind of inaccurate. Thanks Izzy.
Mmmm... did you read the comment above the photo included in that update? It said that it had been like that for a while already. Also, it's not inaccurate, as the dance part is no more. Yes, the music and the videos are there, but people cannot dance with the characters any longer.

Mmmm... did you read the comment above the photo included in that update? It said that it had been like that for a while already. Also, it's not inaccurate, as the dance part is no more. Yes, the music and the videos are there, but people cannot dance with the characters any longer.
Yes, but since they just posted it it that kind of alludes that it was more recent than two years ago. But you can still dance to the music, just not with the characters who are still there just off to the side. Maybe it's not completely inaccurate but it is misleading since they post pictures of DM often and all of a sudden just threw that out. When they say the dance party is no more it sounds like the music & videos are gone also. In reality they just changed some aspects of the dance party. :)

Yes, but since they just posted it it that kind of alludes that it was more recent than two years ago. But you can still dance to the music, just not with the characters who are still there just off to the side. Maybe it's not completely inaccurate but it is misleading since they post pictures of DM often and all of a sudden just threw that out.
I have gone by DM many times but never ride due to the wait times. Also, there's very little space left to "dance," as the majority of the area is now taken up by the M&G, queue, and photo-point.

I have gone by DM many times but never ride due to the wait times. Also, there's very little space left to "dance," as the majority of the area is now taken up by the M&G, queue, and photo-point.
Yes, I'd never ride if I didn't have Express. The lines are crazy long. But my GF loves the Minions so we usually do it 5 or 6 times every vacation. Actually the ride itself is just a bit above average, but the two pre shows are excellent.

Yes, I'd never ride if I didn't have Express. The lines are crazy long. But my GF loves the Minions so we usually do it 5 or 6 times every vacation. Actually the ride itself is just a bit above average, but the two pre shows are excellent.
I agree, the pre-shows are among my favorites. They do a wonderful job in expressing the funny nature of the movies.

Reactions: Mad Dog
No biggie, it was basically that to begin with. I found the dance party to be awkward from the beginning, almost everybody just walks right by a guy wearing the parade get up and ignores him like he doesn't exist into the gift shop. The ride itself is ok, they just pulled a shrek. By that I mean they released this right after the first one before any sequels. Adding new characters, locations, villains and making more money than the original ever could. If the ride was in production today, It would probably take all those things into account and make a completely different ride. I hate when universal just blows their load the second something big comes out, I know it's business smart but still, wait a bit, it'll be worthwhile

When I hear kids ask where Lucy is, the usual answer is to just say she's off doing AVL work.

However, the queue line should be updated with some footage from the sequels because the current video is just way too criminally short.

I have gone on at the very end of the night. The wait is always way less than posted because express shuts down at park close. So the normal line moves much faster at that point. It wasn't a bad wait and we ended up talking to the family behind us who was from New Jersey. They even shared cheese curls with my daughter who was very happy about that since she doesn't get them often. So it ended up being a pretty good wait.

So if you don't have express and the GF wants to go, I say go a couple minutes before park closing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I agree the sequels are bad but I think as something that now represents a franchise rather than a single film, it deserves more

Agreed, but sadly it won't because of where it is. They may update the film in a few years and that be a nice little upgrade like they have done with other stuff. But honestly this was a bad decision. Take a highly popular IP and shoehorn it into a low capacity ride that needed an overlay. The only difference between this and the other poor decision at Disney with Frozen is that this needed an overlay as the IP that was there before was pretty sad and Epcot's IP was just fine and didn't need an overlay.

The reason both decisions were made? $$$$$$ A ride with a good IP sells tickets. A ride with no IP or poor IP does not. Sad, but true. In the end all of these companies are about the bottom dollar.

Reactions: Cole
Haven't heard that anywhere. Interesting, if that's more of the retreat from too much 3D complaints. I would think the show would suffer without 3D though...... Kong would suck without 3D. 3D makes it good.....F&F sucks more than it would have with 3D. 3D would help there.