Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

no. if theyre going to put a screamin swing, it would be behind the bumper cars by kumbas cobra roll. it would be legit the first see you see when you enter congo. i posted a link up there to my reddit post of what im talking about
I think the Congo location would be better, but the land by Tigris is also certainly big enough for a Screamin Swing.

I think the Congo location would be better, but the land by Tigris is also certainly big enough for a Screamin Swing.

its big enough or an extended pathway with a new restaurant but thats just about it. because its not just the actual screamin swing. you also need to fit the plaza, queue, and enough clearance for neighboring rides. and if you put tigris and a screamin swing that close together, people are bound the throw stuff at each other mid ride

^There is AMPLE room to put a Screamin' Swing by Tigris. It's also been discussed by people who are well in the know about these things and are very trusted sources.

Also, while a Screamin' Swing would look great by the bridge to Congo River Rapids, they would need a more condensed model than the one you used (Skyhawk at CP). Your scaling is off by about 40-50 feet in the pic you shared on reddit. I checked. It's wider than that area between the bridge and bumper cars. The base on it is about 90' not including the clearance needed around it. One that size would not fit in that space (which is only about 75 feet across the closer to Kumba it gets as seen in the pic below).

upload_2019-4-28_21-47-59.png

However, one the size of Finnegan' Flyer (32-seater) might fit. It's base is 66' across according to the manufacturer (not including additional clearance needed) Screamin' Swing - SandS .

upload_2019-4-28_21-57-39.png

Then you would need the queue to squeeze in there, and it would likely be on the side; not the front or back due to visuals and ease of maintenance (there is a maintenance road on the backside of the boat game/bumper cars already-shown in the pic below as the translucent line above the measurement ruler). The furthest concrete pad could go for this ride would be about where I did the measurement below, and even there you'd see the maintenance road (which they need to service the rides and other facilities in that area). The depth of the clearance area/basic footprint is 133' with maintenance building (shown in the pic above). This shows the base depth/clearance space needed:

upload_2019-4-28_21-59-3.png

This shows the minimum area needed just for the ride (32-seat model) and swinging clearance (66' x 133'):
upload_2019-4-28_22-9-40.png

Doable? perhaps. They'll be cramming it in there however. That leaves little room for a decent sized queue.

^There is AMPLE room to put a Screamin' Swing by Tigris. It's also been discussed by people who are well in the know about these things and are very trusted sources.

Also, while a Screamin' Swing would look great by the bridge to Congo River Rapids, they would need a more condensed model than the one you used (Skyhawk at CP). Your scaling is off by about 40-50 feet in the pic you shared on reddit. I checked. It's wider than that area between the bridge and bumper cars. The base on it is about 90' not including the clearance needed around it. One that size would not fit in that space (which is only about 75 feet across the closer to Kumba it gets as seen in the pic below).

View attachment 9448

However, one the size of Finnegan' Flyer (32-seater) might fit. It's base is 66' across according to the manufacturer (not including additional clearance needed) Screamin' Swing - SandS .

View attachment 9450

Then you would need the queue to squeeze in there, and it would likely be on the side; not the front or back due to visuals and ease of maintenance (there is a maintenance road on the backside of the boat game/bumper cars already-shown in the pic below as the translucent line above the measurement ruler). The furthest concrete pad could go for this ride would be about where I did the measurement below, and even there you'd see the maintenance road (which they need to service the rides and other facilities in that area). The depth of the clearance area/basic footprint is 133' with maintenance building (shown in the pic above). This shows the base depth/clearance space needed:

View attachment 9451

This shows the minimum area needed just for the ride (32-seat model) and swinging clearance (66' x 133'):
View attachment 9452

Doable? perhaps. They'll be cramming it in there however. That leaves little room for a decent sized queue.

i used google earth and the ruler tool. i just needed to see that blueprint, i kind of eyeballed it with the width. thank you for the correction though!

View attachment 9448

View attachment 9450

View attachment 9451

View attachment 9452

They could always use the bumper cars space for queue

nevermind. i blew up the photo of rmc gwazis track on my monitor and right pieces of track are labeled "RG" and left pieces are labeled "LG". right gwazi and left gwazi

IMG_20190503_172515.jpg

So, ummm, this is a picture of Untamed over at Walibi Holland. If this is what they're doing over there, I can only imagine what they'll do here.