Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

If I had to guess an opening for this it would be March/April 2020.

I know Twisted Colossus is a slightly smaller project, but construction on it did not really start until the beginning of September 2014, and they opened in May 2015 despite having a fire setback.

I think having Gwazi track completed by November/December is not an unreasonable expectation.

gwazi will most likely also feature a metal detector system. and also, take this with a whole friggin pound of salt, but the track length for gwazi might be around 6800ft of track

gwazi will most likely also feature a metal detector system. and also, take this with a whole friggin pound of salt, but the track length for gwazi might be around 6800ft of track
If they reuse most of the original footers, then that would not surprise me at all. I'm surprised at how much of this thing they're building from the ground up.

the track length for gwazi might be around 6800ft of track
But Steel Vengeance is 5700ft and this is confirmed to be shorter? It will be North America's tallest, the world's fastest and steepest but not the longest.

There is also no reason why this has to feature a metal detector. There are 16 RMC coasters in the world that do not have metal detectors and only 2 that do.

But Steel Vengeance is 5700ft and this is confirmed to be shorter? It will be North America's tallest, the world's fastest and steepest but not the longest.

There is also no reason why this has to feature a metal detector. There are 16 RMC coasters in the world that do not have metal detectors and only 2 that do.

thats why i said take it with a lot of salt. all i heard was busch gardens president stewart clark wanted to incorporate a security system used on other attractions

thats why i said take it with a lot of salt. all i heard was busch gardens president stewart clark wanted to incorporate a security system used on other attractions
SeaWorld parks policy allows on-ride chest mounted filming on all rides, so there's no point in having a metal detector.

Like you said, there are already 2 that do, so there’s at least a precedence. They seem to be reactionary to the cell phone incidents, so I wouldn’t be surprised if most (or all) new RMC builds will have metal detectors, and a few more older builds will gain them.

Like you said, there are already 2 that do, so there’s at least a precedence. They seem to be reactionary to the cell phone incidents, so I wouldn’t be surprised if most (or all) new RMC builds will have metal detectors, and a few more older builds will gain them.
But there are steel B&M coasters that have metal detectors (Hulk etc), it doesn't mean that rides like Kumba will have them.

It's just different companies doing things differently. RMC coasters operate under 7 different companies globally, and Cedar Fair is the only one that has decided to take this course of action.

Not saying that it's impossible for SeaWorld to follow Cedar Fair, but if 6 out of 7 operators have chosen not to install detectors, it seems likely that SeaWorld won't either. Especially given that SeaWorld are the most relaxed company out of the lot about on ride filming.

As long as they don't make me take off my glasses, I'm fine with emptying my pockets. They refuse to let me on Falcon's Fury with corrective lenses on, regardless of how many times they don't fall off on any of their coasters. It's rather frustrating, especially since I've ridden it once before with glasses and they never moved a millimeter.

^This.
I'd be more worried about comfort collars on the new rmc instead of metal detectors.
Surely the seats on RMC trains aren't tall enough to accommodate comfort collars?

Train redesign is possible, but I don't think it's likely at all. I hope so anyway! :grin: