Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Rode this for the first time last week.

The queue, which has become standard Universal theming is darn good. The problem is, there was no queue - infact we walked straight in.

The two pre shows, were harmless, but added absolutely nothing, no engagement.

However, the mood, the scene, and feel of the initial moments were pretty good. When the Rock talks on the screen as you are in the bus, it's darn effective, and very nicely done.

The party scene was okay, bit of interactivity with the stars.

But then the major portion of the ride begins and it's absolutely ghastly. It's an horrendous image, no feeling, no emotion, nothing, nothing there to enjoy.

My friend who sat in the middle could barely see anything.

My questions are : 1) Why do they put two busses through the motion simulator? There are barely any queues, surely it may help with the 'sight issues' if they kept one bus going through - so you can at least see what's going upfront. 2) Why are their so many restrictions to what you can see? Why the need to put a roof on the bus, and bars around the bus? All it does is restrict the views. 3) Where are the bangs, sounds, emotions, and bumps? There is nothing there.

This may sound strange, but immediately after the Rock scene, if they had just gone straight to the old 'Disaster' scene in the subway it would have been better !

This obsession with screens is disheartening. I'm not against screens, they can accentuate an attraction, with complimenting physical aspects. But when the attraction is just a lazy screen ride it's infuriating.

I agree with your post but..
Why the need to put a roof on the bus, and bars around the bus? All it does is restrict the views.
Not sure about the bars, but the roof is a good thing... They could add a screen to the top of the building for fuller immersion which might work. But as it is, I'm for blocking the view of anywhere that doesn't have a screen currently.

If it had no roof, one could argue "this bus is a convertible?? That makes no sense!".. but really, nothing about this ride makes sense. Maybe making it campy/ stupid/funny might salvage it.

I agree with your post but..

Not sure about the bars, but the roof is a good thing... They could add a screen to the top of the building for fuller immersion which might work. But as it is, I'm for blocking the view of anywhere that doesn't have a screen currently.

If it had no roof, one could argue "this bus is a convertible?? That makes no sense!".. but really, nothing about this ride makes sense. Maybe making it campy/ stupid/funny might salvage it.
It already is unintentionally "campy, stupid, funny", so that won't help this disaster either. ;):lol:

I've read so much bad I'm wondering if my family should even ride it when we go for our first time even though we would have plenty of time to fit it in?
If it's a short line, which it usually is, it's worth one time through. The queue is actually pretty decent, it's better than the ride. The first section of the ride is OK, but it goes downhill when you reach the musion scene, and then the 360 screen. ...I thought it might get better with repeat rides, but it doesn't. The first time through, though not much good, is actually the best it gets.

Well today they were only running one bus per group, and at least on our vehicle the in bus monitors weren’t working/no sound either, so there were quite a few moments of “driving” in complete silence. They also appear to have turned down the intensity of the motion in the 360 scene. Overall it was hilariously terrible.

I've read so much bad I'm wondering if my family should even ride it when we go for our first time even though we would have plenty of time to fit it in?

Unless you're being warned off a very bad attraction that will have a very long wait, I'd always advise trying it out for yourself. It's worth a try just to know what all the negativity is about.

Plus you don't want to be the person who bashes an attraction without actually having experienced it.

If you have plenty of time, ride it.

I'd recommend not telling the kids it's bad, kids might like it... Not a kid myself but I just imagine kids like dumb stuff.

I still believe it can be fixed.

The consensus is the queue, and the point to where the Rock talks on the bus screens is good. The actual issue is the main 'screen' portion.

So you have two options :

1) Leave it as it is. Continue saying to yourself 'even if it's crap, it's still something'. But leaves guests unhappy, and ruins other screen attractions.

2) Destroy the whole building, and never speak of it again.

3) Either make a complete new video, for the main segment to fix all the issues. This however, will still leave it a crap screen attraction, and secondly financially unviable if you are to get the stars to film scenes.

4) Add something to the attraction, which would be after the atrocious screen portion. Change ride vehicles, and then continue the attraction to have an actual physical experience - something akin to the final speed segment of 'test track'. There is room for this.

Option 4 would be the way to go in my opinion, and perhaps the cheapest and most effective.

Gonna give a thought: Perhaps they might do what they did when filming Supercharged originally, by incorporating that filming budget with the production of the recent film that was underway: Fast 7.

It could make sense, especially if they want to make changes for the sake of Beijing, that it could be incorporated into a budget that allows Orlando to benefit from something like that too.

Even if you have to keep the scenes in set design, the same; the cost of filming and working on the new bits that the actors are apart of; could be something that's more instantly solved via Universal Parks and Resorts and Universal Pictures wanting to throw a bone for synergy.

The attraction looks boring at the entrance.

Stick some cars, lights, and sparks outside of the entrance. Add loud music and sfx. Ride fixed. :p

For real though, I don't foresee them adding additional scenes, especially not a Test Track like scene. This is the least practical option anyone could ever propose. Not only would the entire show building need to be redesigned, the ride vehicle would need to be redesigned.

I think if they do anything they'll change the video or maybe add some movement to the vehicle during the show sequences (eg platform shaking/tilting).

Personally though, I think they should build a F&F themed thrill ride elsewhere, and redesign Supercharged into something else completely.

My gf suggested rebranding it into Secret Lives of Pets... honestly the only reason this is a bad idea is that a SLOP ride is already being designed (and is more likely to be cloned). Basically the idea is to rebrand it into a bus ride through the city streets, with cartoon characters running by/saying hi, some fun little practical effects (smells, water sprays, fog, etc), and so on. Make it for kids and completely benign.

Last edited:
I still believe it can be fixed.

The consensus is the queue, and the point to where the Rock talks on the bus screens is good. The actual issue is the main 'screen' portion.

So you have two options :

1) Leave it as it is. Continue saying to yourself 'even if it's crap, it's still something'. But leaves guests unhappy, and ruins other screen attractions.

2) Destroy the whole building, and never speak of it again.

3) Either make a complete new video, for the main segment to fix all the issues. This however, will still leave it a crap screen attraction, and secondly financially unviable if you are to get the stars to film scenes.

4) Add something to the attraction, which would be after the atrocious screen portion. Change ride vehicles, and then continue the attraction to have an actual physical experience - something akin to the final speed segment of 'test track'. There is room for this.

Option 4 would be the way to go in my opinion, and perhaps the cheapest and most effective.
I believe it can be fixed too :) :D

If they cared about this attraction being bad it never would've been built. They knew what they were putting out and still did it.

Who is the person who has had final say on the raft of atrocious attractions of late?

With Disney, you always have that one figure you can go all the way back to , be it a decade long drought in not investing in new attractions, or the success of Pandora, the cheapness of Toy Story Land, and the upcoming Star Wars Land - Bib Iger.

With Universal, and i assume Comcast, who is making these decisions?

Who is the head honcho who is allowing them to hurt the Universal parks, ultimately wasting money? Fast Furious is not a one off. Fallon was equally as poor and lazy. Kong was another lazy screen attraction. I refuse to believe the same person (or people) who green lit Harry Potter Lands are the same people in charge of these raft of disasters.

Who was the one who said 'Universal Studios Orlando will get this horrendous Fast N Furious attraction' ?

Anyone have names? Is it a commitee? Whoever they are, they really have no place in the theme park business.