Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 583 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bringing this back up, since people are wondering...

Alright. Gyrosphere concept.

It relies on a narrative device used in Dinosaur: remote controled vehicles. The RV is controlled when it goes through “dense environments” (jungles/caves) for the riders safety, but “released’ in open areas.

There’s a lot going on with this. Imagine a Doombuggy with a full “glass” front that lowers to form your sphere. That sphere is on a gimbal on a track, and then ramps down onto the ground (a grass-covered conveyer that gives a practical rolling effect) while a dull flickering light effect makes mimics the rolling on the grass. The track pushes you through some brush and into the first projection sphere.

Yep... this is basically a variation on Forbidden Journey.

The projection spheres are interactive. The sphere and video rocks back and forth while the video (a VR environment) swoops with you. At the end of sphere, the rider releases control to go back through a practical jungle with progressively bigger dinos.

If you look at the Gyrosphere parts in the movie it looks very exciting, just like the jeep in the first JP movie.
But that jeep ride wasn't practical because the guests in the ride vehicle won't get the full view and excitement from something that is happening behind them. I think that is the reason this will never be translated to a fun ride. Also the globe will have all kind of reflection, moister and loading problems to name a few.

So I just watched the new Tim Tracker video... it looks honestly depressing with all the trees gone. :shrug:

I’m here right now and in line for Hippogriff. Just walked through JP and it is beyond barren.

Looks terrible, but it’s not like they can build a giant coaster around the trees, so it’s a necessary evil.

The amount of fences on both sides is insane as well. Luckily it’s a very slow Saturday. Here in a few weeks it will be a miserable bottleneck.

I’m here right now and in line for Hippogriff. Just walked through JP and it is beyond barren.

Looks terrible, but it’s not like they can build a giant coaster around the trees, so it’s a necessary evil.

My concern is that, even after the project is done and (some) foliage has been replanted, it's never going to feel as isolated as it used to. All that greenery was quite an effective buffer.

Then again, maybe I'm selling Universal short and they will be able to achieve that kind of dense and lush "wall of jungle" along the walkways again. Since I'm not going to be riding this new coaster, the best I'm hoping for is that it doesn't actively take away from my enjoyment of the time I usually spend wandering around that land and taking in the ambiance.

My concern is that, even after the project is done and (some) foliage has been replanted, it's never going to feel as isolated as it used to. All that greenery was quite an effective buffer.

Then again, maybe I'm selling Universal short and they will be able to achieve that kind of dense and lush "wall of jungle" along the walkways again. Since I'm not going to be riding this new coaster, the best I'm hoping for is that it doesn't actively take away from my enjoyment of the time I usually spend wandering around that land and taking in the ambiance.

I think it'll be different but I trust UC in 2019 to make something good.

While I don't think they'll plant 1000 trees again...I do think they will focus on planting tropical plants more intentionally

Just look at Kong, the landscaping has grown in quite nicely

It's probably a good idea to prepare for the area to be fundamentally different when all is said and done. That way, it'll be a pleasant surprise if they manage to make the area anywhere close to the immersion they had previously. I just don't see it ever being the jungle we've come to love all of these years ever again.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Any word on exterior changes or changes in general to the DC? Idk if they would go for a more slate/grey paint scheme like in Hollywood. I was looking at this image of the Innovation Center from JW and if you ignore the giant cone shape, the main door and the windows on either side sorta have the same shape as the DC. Maybe model it like as a two story version of that and maybe change the roof idk.

Attachments

• 368347695766cff2f15d69bdbeaaf437.jpg
    368347695766cff2f15d69bdbeaaf437.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Status
Not open for further replies.