Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Given that the crew goes crazy from infection, my initial impression has changed.

I’m now picturing a horrific combination of C. exigua and Sacculina carcini.

S. carcini is the parasitic barnacle. It is a parasitic castrator that zombifies the crab it infects.

The ocean is a frightening place sometimes.
yeah i see it now wow this house might steel the event

From what I’m gathering, I’m presuming the majority of the houses is crazed workers with likely the final rooms actually giving us the full creatures as the vessel goes boom.

I’m keeping my mind open and expectations low with this one, I hope it’s great but if it isn’t I’m sure it’ll be at least as good as Seeds was.

Everything I've heard about this describes it as more akin to "Interstellar Terror" and "Havoc" than anything else. Expect far more crazed crew members than monsters as the scare. Also, it'll predominantly be on the sub; not in the water.

I'm getting CREATURES! flashbacks.

Definitely getting "Interstellar Terror, but underwater" vibes. Maybe one or two creatures for the finale?

So crazed/infected miners running amock with the occasional acidic egg spewing creature, and the dang vessel is about to blow amidst the chaos. Sign me up!

Besides the deep sea miner/underwater connection, both the Depths and Depths of Fear are going in different directions and locations.

Depths has the caves and Pirate ship, plus a more lovecraftian angle.

DoF feels more like a underwater Alien sort of ordeal.

Besides the deep sea miner/underwater connection, both the Depths and Depths of Fear are going in different directions and locations.

Depths has the caves and Pirate ship, plus a more lovecraftian angle.

DoF feels more like a underwater Alien sort of ordeal.

DoF sounds closest to Leviathan. Leviathan actually got panned for being derivative of Alien and The Thing.

I'm getting CREATURES! flashbacks.

Definitely getting "Interstellar Terror, but underwater" vibes. Maybe one or two creatures for the finale?

:clap::exclap::peace::whoo::thumbsup: :rock:

See, any house where the story is "you have to get out fast," which is what IT was, is the PERFECT use of a conga line.

After seeing Mike Aiello's tweet about the house, they definitely had taken inspiration from Leviathan, Deep Star Six, Lords of The Deep, I do hope we see somewhat a cameo of the Sculders from The Spawning, although the house was not received very well, I could see them reusing the appliances for some of the creatures, it'd be really cool.