SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This x100. I've dubbed it "Car Crash: The Ride" because you feel like you got in a fender bender after you get off. I'm honestly surprised that the simulators haven't shaken themselves apart yet.

The only time I ride it is if someone I'm with hasn't ridden. When I'm by myself or with friends who have ridden, we walk through the exit to see the animals. The area needs work for sure, but I just don't know about them changing the core theme of the area, given the infrastructure for the arctic animal exhibits. Not really anywhere for them to go, and I doubt SeaWorld is gonna just get rid of two belugas, two walruses, and a bunch of harbor seals.

I'm shocked there hasn't been any reported injuries on it... (other than the constantly flapping doors of course).
Ok maybe one simulator is worse than another...I don't remember any of that

Ok maybe one simulator is worse than another...I don't remember any of that
That may be the case. The left-hand simulator is in much worse shape than the right-hand one. That's not to say that the right-hand one is passable as a ride in Orlando, it's just not to the level of disrepair the left one is.

Reactions: Alicia
I'd guess they'll close the Wild Arctic ride as the new coaster comes online (if not sooner). They'll want to cut labor costs and maintenance costs with all of the other new additions already added as well as the new ones coming.

I'd guess they'll close the Wild Arctic ride as the new coaster comes online (if not sooner). They'll want to cut labor costs and maintenance costs with all of the other new additions already added as well as the new ones coming.

i actually think they are going to refurb it if they are going to do anything. but again, they have empire of the penguins which definitely steals the crowds

I'm shocked there hasn't been any reported injuries on it... (other than the constantly flapping doors of course).

I saw a lady collapse last year after getting off in October. It appeared she was having a major panic attack while the ride was going and soon as the doors opened and got up she fell forward on her face as she was exiting. She was with her family and all the available ambassadors rushed over as we got out of the way. I assume she was ok because I saw her later on in the day.

Free Beer is coming back this summer (for those who indulge). No specific start date or specifics given, but would assume it would be similar to last year when they offered it:

SeaWorld Orlando to give out free beer again as attendance keeps growing - Orlando Sentinel

Free beer is back this summer at SeaWorld Orlando.

The company announced the fan-favorite promotion will return in June during Tuesday’s earnings call during which it reported that SeaWorld parks’ attendance and revenue rose for the fifth straight quarter.

Orlando-based SeaWorld Entertainment’s attendance jumped by nearly 4 percent -- or by about 100,000 people -- to about 3.3 million guests for the first quarter while the company operated at a $37 million net loss, an improvement from the same time last year when the loss reached $63 million. Total revenues increased 2 percent to nearly $221 million.

SeaWorld did not say when in June the free beer would begin or if it would be the same two-per-customer, 7-ounce pours as last year...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
Chatting with some SW friends over the weekend, the layoffs came up. Conventional wisdom among TMs is that the new guy from Carnival wants to do away with as many animal attractions as possible. Obviously this isn't doing a lot for morale for any TMs whose work revolves around animals.
That's strange because on the investor conference call yesterday he was talking about how animals help differentiate the parks from Uni/Disney and how he wants many more guests doing behind the scenes animal experiences. He also talked a lot about SeaWorld's animal rehab work.

It also doesn't align with the fact that the company is due to make two major animal investments next year with the overhaul of Killer Whale stadiums in San Antonio & Orlando.

That's strange because on the investor conference call yesterday he was talking about how animals help differentiate the parks from Uni/Disney and how he wants many more guests doing behind the scenes animal experiences. He also talked a lot about SeaWorld's animal rehab work.

It also doesn't align with the fact that the company is due to make two major animal investments next year with the overhaul of Killer Whale stadiums in San Antonio & Orlando.

Just conveying the current mood. Tho a CEO or COO saying one thing and doing another is hardly new.

What could be some new marine shows and attractions sea world Orlando could have in store?
We should be seeing a complete overhaul of Shamu Stadium with a new show for next year. We'll have to wait and see.

The other two SeaWorld parks have added & refurbished aquariums over the past couple of years so I wouldn't be surprised to see a new aquarium exhibit in Orlando at some point soon.

What could be some new marine shows and attractions sea world Orlando could have in store?
I'm pretty sure the marine shows are going to be mostly dead in favor of rides in the next 5-10 years. A bunch of aquariums and education stuff might be left but they are probably going to move a lot of animals to developing parks abroad where they would be a bigger draw. Sea world is becoming a regional park to a sustainable increasing population in multiple areas of the country. They would do well to invest in more rides accordingly.

I'm pretty sure the marine shows are going to be mostly dead in favor of rides in the next 5-10 years. A bunch of aquariums and education stuff might be left but they are probably going to move a lot of animals to developing parks abroad where they would be a bigger draw. Sea world is becoming a regional park to a sustainable increasing population in multiple areas of the country. They would do well to invest in more rides accordingly.
Moving the mammals to a foreign park would ruin their reputation even more because people would see it as them putting the whales into a worse situation. The only real solution is releasing them to sea pens, but in fact that isn’t a solution. The whales will eventually die at an earlier age do to the foreign environment, which would generate more bad press. This time it would be more than justified.

The only real strategy is to de-emphasize the shows and continue to market themselves as a thrill park with educational marine components, which attract school and camp groups. Showing themselves to be open to changing their policies and signage to better accommodate autistic persons looks great as well.

On another note, whatever happened to the hotel plans and international parks (China and UAE, both proposals).