Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I like the concept of Turtle Trek, but it is poorly executed. Visibility of the projectors distracts from the experience, as does the bad quality of the projection screen. I am sure if they got rid of Turtle Trek there would be room for a flat ride.
They could lose the theater but keep the manatees and turtle tanks to the left of it I’m sure. But I’m thinking that only brings enough room for 1 flat ride and its queue. The theater itself isn’t that big.

Let's just bring back the superheroes:

Noblemania: Super ‘70s and ‘80s: Sea World superheroes water ski show—introduction

Sea%2BWorld%2Bsuperhero%2Bad.jpg

I like the concept of Turtle Trek, but it is poorly executed. Visibility of the projectors distracts from the experience, as does the bad quality of the projection screen. I am sure if they got rid of Turtle Trek there would be room for a flat ride.
I just wish they would bring back the full experience with 3D and the introduction. It’s easily one of their best attractions when it’s actually operating normally—I can’t think of any other projection show that draws an applause out of the audience every time. Plus, the area it’s in seems too serious for a flat ride. I think a better spot would be somewhere in Antarctica or maybe near the Nautilus theater.

I did one of these a while back for BGT, but I never got around to making one for SWO, so here's my three year addition timeline.
  • 2021: Thrilling flat rides. These would go near Infinity Falls, where a small lake currently resides. Arguably the main thing that SWO is missing is a set of flat rides, and SWO goes big to compensate. The main attraction here is an S&S Power drop tower, becoming the second highest ride in the park. This could be themed to geysers. The second attraction located here is a Zamperla Hawk called Wave Swinger.
14.JPG

Hawk.jpg

• 2022: Family dark-ride. This could be one of two options, both being located on the plot where the Wild Arctic simulator ride currently resides. The first option is a clone of Sesame Street: Street Mission from Port Aventura in Spain, but I'm not sure if there's an exclusivity clause on that. The other option is a Flying Theater that retains the Wild Arctic theming while adding to it.
5d40a78e67ed5Street_Mission_Nueva_Atraccion_3_1200x600.jpg

KraftwerkLT_ProjectV_Gondel%E2%88%8FEuropa-Park.jpg

• NOTE: I could easily see 2021 and 2022's additions being reversed due to WDW 50th, but there's no visible construction or permits out there, so I'm judging based on what I see.
  • 2023: Gestlauer Infinity Coaster. Didn't see this one coming, did ya? Neither did I at first, but I have my reasons. First off, SWO currently doesn't have a lot of room to build a coaster on. That puts a bunch of types of coasters out of the running. Second off, I don't see a B&M (since there's already three in the park) or an Intamin (lack of space and I don't think the next addition will be a launch coaster). The remaining manufacturers are RMC (not likely due to proximity to Iron Gwazi and the low capacity of the raptor models), Mack (this one I could see), Vekoma (X to doubt), Premier (we just got one) and Gestlauer. Out of those five, Gestlauer is the best choice here. They're used to working in tight spots, there's nothing else like it in Florida, and their coasters tend to have lower height requirements. It's a perfect fit. I see this going in one of two locations, the Turtle Trek plot or the empty space in between Sea Lion and Otter Stadium and Voyagers Smokehouse.
hangtime-infinity-coaster-at-night-floodlit.jpg

tumblr_nr6su460KS1sf2oe0o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I did one of these a while back for BGT, but I never got around to making one for SWO, so here's my three year addition timeline.
  • 2021: Thrilling flat rides. These would go near Infinity Falls, where a small lake currently resides. Arguably the main thing that SWO is missing is a set of flat rides, and SWO goes big to compensate. The main attraction here is an S&S Power drop tower, becoming the second highest ride in the park. This could be themed to geysers. The second attraction located here is a Zamperla Hawk called Wave Swinger.
14.JPG

Hawk.jpg

• 2022: Family dark-ride. This could be one of two options, both being located on the plot where the Wild Arctic simulator ride currently resides. The first option is a clone of Sesame Street: Street Mission from Port Aventura in Spain, but I'm not sure if there's an exclusivity clause on that. The other option is a Flying Theater that retains the Wild Arctic theming while adding to it.
5d40a78e67ed5Street_Mission_Nueva_Atraccion_3_1200x600.jpg

KraftwerkLT_ProjectV_Gondel%E2%88%8FEuropa-Park.jpg

• NOTE: I could easily see 2021 and 2022's additions being reversed due to WDW 50th, but there's no visible construction or permits out there, so I'm judging based on what I see.
  • 2023: Gestlauer Infinity Coaster. Didn't see this one coming, did ya? Neither did I at first, but I have my reasons. First off, SWO currently doesn't have a lot of room to build a coaster on. That puts a bunch of types of coasters out of the running. Second off, I don't see a B&M (since there's already three in the park) or an Intamin (lack of space and I don't think the next addition will be a launch coaster). The remaining manufacturers are RMC (not likely due to proximity to Iron Gwazi and the low capacity of the raptor models), Mack (this one I could see), Vekoma (X to doubt), Premier (we just got one) and Gestlauer. Out of those five, Gestlauer is the best choice here. They're used to working in tight spots, there's nothing else like it in Florida, and their coasters tend to have lower height requirements. It's a perfect fit. I see this going in one of two locations, the Turtle Trek plot or the empty space in between Sea Lion and Otter Stadium and Voyagers Smokehouse.
hangtime-infinity-coaster-at-night-floodlit.jpg

tumblr_nr6su460KS1sf2oe0o1_1280.jpg
I wouldn't rule out Vekoma just yet. They reportedly have a super low price and a great ROI. Something like Formula at EnergyLandia is very possible. I could see it going behind Infinity Falls if they somehow relocate the plumbing to somewhere else.
Screenshot (16)_LI.jpg
Red- New plaza/ride entrance
Yellow- Ride area

I wouldn't rule out Vekoma just yet. They reportedly have a super low price and a great ROI. Something like Formula at EnergyLandia is very possible. I could see it going behind Infinity Falls if they somehow relocate the plumbing to somewhere else.
View attachment 11339
Yellow- Ride area

There's no way that plumbing is going anywhere, and I doubt we see a new coaster on that side of the park anytime soon (not counting Ice Breaker). That whole loop around the lake past Shark Encounter has gotten all the recent additions, including even more on my list. The other half of the park needs something new.

View attachment 11339
Yellow- Ride area

That is one of the most vitally important areas of the park in terms of zoological ops, it's not going anywhere.

I would love some kind of swamp themed ride near the Turtle Trek/Manatee area

That area is dead
While they would need to be cautious so as not to disturb the Manatee rehab facility, Key West is definitely in the biggest need for something new. It makes me wish that we had gotten a jet-ski launch coaster that ran around that area, maybe even stretching around the lighthouse entrance. Barring complete development of the Bayside Pathway (which I doubt would ever happen), next year should be focused on a couple of small things to keep momentum: flat rides, finishing the JtA project that they started and never finished, new show (Pets Ahoy is overdue a revamp and Dolphin Days is dull).
The year after that would ideally be a new anchor attraction on the far end of Key West (by Turtle Trek), but will likely be the long-put off Wild Arctic Simulator Replacement.

Just spend money on good rides regardless of how it looks. Build a few coasters and the sesame dark ride and you have my money and interest for a lot cheaper than the other parks. .

If they do another coaster it needs to be a jetski rescue ride in the key west dolphin area. In the mean time they should really finish completing the loop and invest in a permanent waterfront with shops and dining that connects the current waterfront shops to that lakeside stadium.

I’m praying the next thing is a Wild Arctic replacement.

The Sesame Street dark ride is 100% coming in the future with the demonstrated popularity of the brand. They’ll wait till the influx of guests coming for the new land starts to stagnate, so probably 2022 or 2024. They’ll avoid putting their largest investment to date opposite Epic Universe. Therefore, 2023 will have to be general refurbishments throughout the park or new shows.

so I’m predicting:

2021: Wild Arctic replacement
2022: Sesame Street dark ride
2023: Pets Ahoy replacement, Dolphin Days replacement, or return of Cirque shows in Nautilus Theater
2024: new coaster

2024 and 2022 may be switched

Last edited:
I was thinking an Air Boat flat ride and maybe a Jellyfish Swing flat ride like the ones in San Diego would be great additions and could easily find homes in the Key West area, and they would give much needed capacity to their ride lineup and offer a good "in between" for the people who don't want coasters or kid rides.

Riptide Rescue Spinning Ride I SeaWorld San Diego

Tentacle Twirl | Ocean Explorer

The Sesame Street dark ride is 100% coming in the future with the demonstrated popularity of the brand. They’ll wait till the infix of guests coming for the new land starts to stagnate, so probably 2022 or 2024. They’ll avoid putting their largest investment to date opposite Epic Universe. Therefore, 2023 will have to be general refurbishments throughout the park or new shows. The

so I’m predicting:

2023: Pets Ahoy replacement, Dolphin Days replacement, or return of Cirque shows in Nautilus Theater

They've said in the past that they're trying to build a new ride every year, and I doubt that 2023 will be that much of a down year. I'm thinking coaster.

Not to mention that the Wild Arctic plot of land can only house one ride, and there's nowhere else to put Sesame Street. It's either a Wild Arctic replacement or the Sesame Street dark ride. The latter might not be a clone of Port Aventuras ride, because that might be exclusive. So it could be something new.

They've said in the past that they're trying to build a new ride every year, and I doubt that 2023 will be that much of a down year. I'm thinking coaster.

Not to mention that the Wild Arctic plot of land can only house one ride, and there's nowhere else to put Sesame Street. It's either a Wild Arctic replacement or the Sesame Street dark ride. The latter might not be a clone of Port Aventuras ride, because that might be exclusive. So it could be something new.
There’s more than enough space between the current Sesame Street Land and Wild Arctic to build a dark ride.

I personally would not rush to add rides to Key West. One of the things that diversify SeaWorld & Busch Gardens from the other parks are the quieter tranquil animal areas. I think it is important to preserve these and Key West is a good example.

I personally would not rush to add rides to Key West. One of the things that diversify SeaWorld & Busch Gardens from the other parks are the quieter tranquil animal areas. I think it is important to preserve these and Key West is a good example.
In which case it’s a perfect candidate for a dark ride because it doesn’t disrupt the environment outside its building.

The Sesame Street dark ride is 100% coming in the future with the demonstrated popularity of the brand. They’ll wait till the infix of guests coming for the new land starts to stagnate, so probably 2022 or 2024. They’ll avoid putting their largest investment to date opposite Epic Universe. Therefore, 2023 will have to be general refurbishments throughout the park or new shows. The

so I’m predicting:

I think this is pretty close to what we will actually see. I think the writings on the wall with Wild Arctic, it's not going to be in operation for much longer. Saw them counting the number of people the other week to check popularity. Hopefully it's replaced with a flying theater which they will purchase multiple of and use them for other parks as well.

Sesame Street Expansion also seems destined. They could reuse those submarine vehicles from San Diego's Ocean Explorer and make it an underwater themed Sesame street ride, or use the concept from Port Aventura. There is absolutely room to put a Sesame Street ride right behind the new Sesame Street building on the Shamu Stadium side.

Don't know about Pets Ahoy or Dolphin days, Pets Ahoy still pretty regularly fills to capacity but yes, some new show would be welcomed, it is their bread and butter. Also just to clarify, SW said they would be bringing a new ATTRACTION every year to each park, so that does include a show.