Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feels like the worst-case scenario.

I don’t have a crowd-calendar in front of me, but I would assume that Memorial Day weekend kicks off the official beginning of summer and July 4th weekend is the summer peak.

It would be a mess to try and open your new hottest ride near the busiest weekend of the summer. I would think they would want either want to open the ride 2-3 weeks before the 4th or wait to do softs until after the 4th.

Post-July 4th softs would mean a late-July grand opening and that’s so late.

It's actually been something that Hollywood has done twice in a decade, with both TWDA and Kong 360 opening around the time of Fourth of July (even if it's off by just a few days). And in a sense, there shouldn't need to be as much of a worry with softing this on a longer period of time, as most of the track that was there should still be fully present (As the attraction did get retracked two years ago if I'm not mistaken).

Not to mention, Universal Hollywood's summer season as somewhat mentioned by Snark, doesn't start until mid to late June. And with the current speed that they are at with Jurassic World, doing daily testings and finishing exterior works, it would be very possible to see it come around at that time.

They posted an audition for puppeteers a maybe a month or two ago. I think it's going to be less like the big trike in Japan and more like this baby one from Orlando:

This makes the most sense to me. The summer season doesn't really seem to start for Universal until late June (hence why the Dark Arts show isn't starting until June 22nd), so they won't want to wait too much longer after that to open the ride. I'd put my money on right at the end of June. That way it's open and most of the kinks worked out by the big July 4th weekend.

I love the baby Trike. Also, that’s one of my first YouTube videos, yay!

I'm going to stand by this tweet I made. Well, except it's maybe 2 elevators, unless you want to turn around on the last one. Although I bet many will, haha

Also, that baby Trike is adorable.

Will the construction of the new photo op mean the dinasaurs will no longer be visible to the public who aren't waiting for a pic? I personally don't need a pic, but I did often enjoy seeing Blue et al interact with the crowds. I'm fearing that's going to be taken away if it's in an enclosed building.

Will the construction of the new photo op mean the dinasaurs will no longer be visible to the public who aren't waiting for a pic? I personally don't need a pic, but I did often enjoy seeing Blue et al interact with the crowds. I'm fearing that's going to be taken away if it's in an enclosed building.
I don't think the photo op will be enclosed in the building. The building will serve as the raptor holding pen and they'll be brought out by a handler. You'll have to turn to look at it because it's further down that little pathway than it used to be, but it should still be visible from outside.

Correct Sheraton is right next door but Hilton is the closest technically by a 100’ or so lol. Sheraton was also recently renovated but haven’t heard enough about after the renovation to make judgement. I did Hilton for the view and walking distance.

At the Sheraton, you can just take the parking garage elevator up few stories to the Hilton property and the walk would be the same. Both hotels are great, but the Sheraton is a bit nicer, IMO.

The fossil tunnel looks amazing! I love the tribute to the banner in the original film "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth!" I'm waiting for Universal to give us a behind the scenes video about the ride! They had so many leading up to the opening of Kong in orlando.

Pardon the rather subpar quality, but I took these a couple of hours ago. Apparently the tunnel lettering doesn’t just look like a tint. It lights up at night.

Can’t wait to see how it all looks up close.

Attachments

• 34F060B4-A9F0-46C3-9BDE-36FABB64CD90.jpeg
    34F060B4-A9F0-46C3-9BDE-36FABB64CD90.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • 9396EFEA-CBBD-4900-9DC0-925C3E981B72.jpeg
    9396EFEA-CBBD-4900-9DC0-925C3E981B72.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Ok, real talk.

Why are they painting all the buildings grey? Contrary to popular belief, the buildings were not all grey in Jurassic World - in fact, few were at all.

They were mainly hues of yellow and tan, with chestnut relief.

6AjrZD1.jpg

Lpj9Ktq.jpg

gd6x5BY.jpg

It's just odd, it gives everything a super cold and uninviting look now, not to mention monotone and bland. Where as the film at least felt warmer and more inviting (though not as warm and 'adventure-like' as JP).What they're doing at the Studios is very strange art direction, lacking any good contrast atm, outside of the greenery and rockwork (which does look great).

Pardon the rather subpar quality, but I took these a couple of hours ago. Apparently the tunnel lettering doesn’t just look like a tint. It lights up at night.

Can’t wait to see how it all looks up close.

This is awesome!

Ok, real talk.

Why are they painting all the buildings grey? Contrary to popular belief, the buildings were not all grey in Jurassic World - in fact, few were at all.

They were mainly hues of yellow and tan, with chestnut relief.

It's just odd, it gives everything a super cold and uninviting look now, not to mention monotone and bland. Where as the film at least felt warmer and more inviting (though not as warm and 'adventure-like' as JP).What they're doing at the Studios is very strange art direction, lacking any good contrast atm, outside of the greenery and rockwork (which does look great).

I kind of get what you are saying but I don't believe they are painting everything grey. It appears that there will be stone and chestnut 'relief' ;) in certain places plus they haven't finished yet. Just like Galaxys edge this will all come together near the opening date and I'm sure it will look more colorful.

Still hoping for some amber rock!

Last edited:
I kind of get what you are saying but I don't believe they are painting everything grey. It appears that there will be stone and chestnut 'relief' ;) in certain places plus you they haven't finished yet. Just like Galaxys edge this will all come together near the opening date and I'm sure it will look more colorful.

Still hoping for some amber rock!

Agreed on amber rocks!!

Excuse the wonky photoshop, but I'm just saying, this edit is more accurate to the film, and offers a more inviting look and contrast in the architecture.

uAYUYlt.jpg

Feels more like they’re theming it based on the marketing materials for the film than the actual set design in the film. This is why I wish Universal treated their own properties as well as the do things like Potter. Not saying the new JW redo won’t be great, it looks really fun, I just wish we could get screen accurate recreations of Jurassic things like we do for Potter.

Discovery Center at IOA was probably the closest we ever came.

Feels more like they’re theming it based on the marketing materials for the film than the actual set design in the film. This is why I wish Universal treated their own properties as well as the do things like Potter. Not saying the new JW redo won’t be great, it looks really fun, I just wish we could get screen accurate recreations of Jurassic things like we do for Potter.

Discovery Center at IOA was probably the closest we ever came.

I’m amazed this discussion isn’t already its own thread.

As for the grey buildings, sometimes it’s better to build towards what people think than the reality.

I’m amazed this discussion isn’t already its own thread.

As for the grey buildings, sometimes it’s better to build towards what people think than the reality.
I did a whole Patreon podcast about it. Didn’t realize how much it bothered me until I looked at all the lands at all the parks and how none of them really match the movies. Beijing May come the closest, with a JW build with the Innovation Center... If the concept art is to be believed that is.

I like that they're painting most if it grey with some brown accents here and there. It seems like the park had no choice but to change the color of everything or else it would have looked too similar to the color scheme that was there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.