Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I'm thinking that Tron: Light-Cycle coaster would be built here.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't there rumors of Paris also getting Tron?

Going to take a guess it's likely Paris, in part to the 2024 Paris Olympics and that Disney may look to invest into the parks, similar to how OLC have helped prepare Tokyo Disneyland for the Olympics (and how Universal is working on having SNW ready by before the Olympics for Osaka).

If I'm not mistaken, weren't there rumors of Paris also getting Tron?

Going to take a guess it's likely Paris, in part to the 2024 Paris Olympics and that Disney may look to invest into the parks, similar to how OLC have helped prepare Tokyo Disneyland for the Olympics (and how Universal is working on having SNW ready by before the Olympics for Osaka).

Who's to say that both parks couldn't get it?

This is great. I was just saying they should mix it up maybe run 1 theater with California for awhile. Have to check it out.

Honestly, I really hope the reaction towards this (as it really seems like it) becomes positive enough for Disney to just keep the California version for the sake of DCA.

For y'know, a park that's centered with California as a state in mind, it would be nice to see a classic stay as a classic.

I don't see why they can't play both versions, especially at WDW with them having three theaters. The new version is forgettable, but still not overall bad. The California version has lots of memorable moments and it also doesn't look weird.

Rode Sorin’ Over California yesterday. Quit enjoyed the nostalgic ride but think it is not as good as sorin’ over the world. Funny I had not seen it in so long I thought I’d love it but some things just don’t hold up to memories.

Was the old Soarin' film and the new one digital? If they had to scan the prints for newer digital projectors they could look worse.