Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think you are missing the point. DO was advertising SW as the main thing in their banner. Now it is buried at the bottom. Not stretching anything. Just trying to show they are not heavily promoting this thing.

It was the first thing I saw when I loaded it on my computer and mobile right now. You think maybe they have cookies and since you've evidently loaded it repeatedly and it's got buried?

Reactions: snayberry
It was the first thing I saw when I loaded it on my computer and mobile right now. You think maybe they have cookies and since you've evidently loaded it repeatedly and it's got buried?

No. I don’t think that. I would have said that.

So I finally had a chance to experience it on my own to just explore last night. It was VERY busy. Falcon had on average a 40-65 minute wait. The land is stunning there's literally no denying that, but it's much more immersive at night. My biggest issues have nothing to do with the land or rides itself but how the food/shops are run. They're literally running it like how Comic-Con and the various booths run their limited offerings.

FoP doesn't make Navi better just like RotR won't make Smuggler's Run better. But it's about the whole package. If Pandora had opened with only NRJ, the land would have been taken out back and torn into a million different piece by theme park twitter and even the general public.

If RotR is as good as people say it is, it would've made the whole package a lot better upon first impression.

Wow, so folks were saying how SR was going to be amazing on so many levels. Now we're comparing it to NRJ.

So far, it seems Disney completely failed with this land. And that is with heavily controlled access. I see no way it will work in DHS without major changes, Quick. It's seems there is nothing near the entrance. The ride, Cantina, and food are all close. There should be a Cantina drink QS stand near the entrance.

It's funny, I thought they were making a huge mistake, just like Universal did with only one Butterbeer stand, when they showed only one Blue Milk stand, and not even selling it in the restaurant. But it is clearly a failure too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's completely changed before DHS opens.

To quote Jack Nicholson's Joker...The Imagineering department needs an enema.

I’m not defending the notion Disney knows GE is a failure or anything, but I will say the land failed to immerse me in the world of Star Wars when compared to other lands like Diagon, Hogsmeade, or Pandora.

Now that I’ve had some time to digest my visit, I think it’s the Star Wars fans who are drinking the flavor aid on how immersive the experience actually is.

Just wait until you see Batuu in the movies the next time. You'll feel all warm and fuzzy inside then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so folks were saying how SR was going to be amazing on so many levels. Now we're comparing it to NRJ.

So far, it seems Disney completely failed with this land. And that is with heavily controlled access. I see no way it will work in DHS without major changes, Quick. It's seems there is nothing near the entrance. The ride, Cantina, and food are all close. There should be a Cantina drink QS stand near the entrance.

It's funny, I thought they were making a huge mistake, just like Universal did with only one Butterbeer stand, when they showed only one Blue Milk stand, and not even selling it in the restaurant. But it is clearly a failure too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's completely changed before DHS opens.

To quote Jack Nicholson's Joker...The Imagineering department needs an enema.
I want whatever you’re smoking

Reactions: fryoj
I think the issue stems from the current plans being in response to Potter vs being a labor of love by Disney. If you remember correctly, after Diagon alley opened, imagineers went back to Disney saying the plans weren't good enough. I think if they focused less on competing and more on giving people what is Star Wars to them, the responses would be completely different.

I think it’s all great and everyone needs to get their knickers out of the twist they are in. My goodness never seen so many bitter theme park goers.

Reactions: Rideguy70
the responses would be completely different.

I don't know what "responses" you're talking about. I talk to theme park guests every day (at Disney) and they're all blown away by the quality of the land. The only valid complaints come from people who cannot get into the Cantina quick enough or people who were not given pilot in smugglers run. Most of the complaints of people saying "disney failed" are from people who've yet to see it in person. Any person who thinks SR is even comparable to NRJ is a dope. Is it perfect though? No.

I get Olivander vibes from SR (not comparing them as attractions but in terms of guest reactions), every one stands in line hoping to be picked as pilot (like for the wand pairing). When you're not picked you're sort of in the awkward position where you're forced to stay and participate. It's still a lot of fun. I quite enjoy being right engineer when not piloting. But not everyone is going to enjoy that.

Yeah the only thing about the land that is a failure is the milk it seems. I don’t know how something that tastes as bad as people say made it that far in testing.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Yeah the only thing about the land that is a failure is the milk it seems. I don’t know how something that tastes as bad as people say made it that far in testing.
I just told my sister this yesterday:lol:. What important people took sips and said "let's go with that":shrug:

Reactions: rastuso
I will say that for my taste in rides (ie sets, practical effects, animatronics, dark rides) I like River Journey better than SR. Needless to say FoP blows SR out of the water and is still the best simulator experience at any park.

I don't know what "responses" you're talking about. I talk to theme park guests every day (at Disney) and they're all blown away by the quality of the land. The only valid complaints come from people who cannot get into the Cantina quick enough or people who were not given pilot in smugglers run. Most of the complaints of people saying "disney failed" are from people who've yet to see it in person. Any person who thinks SR is even comparable to NRJ is a dope. Is it perfect though? No.

I get Olivander vibes from SR (not comparing them as attractions but in terms of guest reactions), every one stands in line hoping to be picked as pilot (like for the wand pairing). When you're not picked you're sort of in the awkward position where you're forced to stay and participate. It's still a lot of fun. I quite enjoy being right engineer when not piloting. But not everyone is going to enjoy that.

So, you're a dope comparing SR to a ride, but not comparing it to a small effects show to sell plastic sticks?

So, you're a dope comparing SR to a ride, but not comparing it to a small effects show to sell plastic sticks?

Uh, no? Did you read my post? I was not comparing the Olivander's experience to the ride, I was comparing the situation of not always being a pilot vs not getting selected in Olivander's as a similar situation if you don't get what you want... and how that's one of the only valid complaints I've heard about the ride.

What's everyone's take on Frontierland without Big Thunder Mountain? Or Critter Country without Splash Mountain? :lol: I understand why overall enthusiasm in reviews for the land is a bit lackluster but I think we should wait until the headliner is open before fully judging.

Last edited:
This thread is getting so unpleasant. Thoughts about any park/ride/area/attractions are always subjective. An opinion is an opinion--by definition, it's not "right" or "wrong".

You can listen to it, ignore it, disagree, or agree. Or maybe even gain some insight from it, even if it's an opinion you don't subscribe to. But it seems many are taking things personally and picking things apart and/or over analyzing a bit too much.