Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

I’m done with the HP universe. Hagrid just blew my mind but there’s plenty other stuff to build. Whatever else gets built just needs the level of attention they’ve given to the potter stuff.
In some ways, post Potter, they have started too....F&F will be an exception always, but attractions like Kong give me hope.

The JP coaster will be interesting to see where their head is at. Do they plus it because of Hagrid's results, or do they choose a bare bones coaster and call it a day, we'll see

Everything they add to potter just makes it trump the entirety of SWGE that much more. If the response to anything Star Wars is “yeah, but have you seen the WWoHP yet??” Then that’s a win for Universal.

An England that consisted of HE, Gringotts, Diagon and MoM plus a Hogsmeade that consisted of FJ, Hagrids and Hippogriff could never be topped. It’s already the best inclusive land in the world, by a wide margin, so a top notch show or some sort of performance for MoM would round out their lineup in a perfect way.

I’d personally want a ride, but I could see a legit high-end 30 min show with effects being the better option here. Just seeing the boxes raise for the opening of Hagrides shows a sliver of the potential.

I have to imagine that this reception for the ride would definitely up the chances for MoM coming and sooner rather than later. Especially with the building of a new park, they'll want to keep people coming to the existing parks and not postponing their visits until after the new park opens. Assuming that the new park is announced in the next year or two with the opening in the next 3-4 years, I could see them announcing MoM and getting it open within the next 2-3 years to keep guests coming back.

Yes Universal, forget about planning, and then aborting, stuff for Kidzone. Just go ahead and get started on the MoM so USF has a attendance boosting new attraction prior to the new park opening....Go Big or Go Home.

Hahah exactly, Go big or Go Home. It be amazing one two punch Hagrid’s and this and an attendance boost to Studios to even the parks out, like Diagon did for Hogsmeade.

I’m done with the HP universe. Hagrid just blew my mind but there’s plenty other stuff to build. Whatever else gets built just needs the level of attention they’ve given to the potter stuff.

What’s soooo cool, is they could build MOM and still have a lot space in Kidszone for a new land and Shrek 4d for Pets if they want. plus they have 4th park coming along too haha.

Everything they add to potter just makes it Trump the entirety of SWGE that much more. If the response to anything Star Wars is “yeah, but have you seen the WWoHP yet??” Then that’s a win for Universal.

An England that consisted of HE, Gringotts, Diagon and MoM plus a Hogsmeade that consisted of FJ, Hagrids and Hippogriff could never be topped. It’s already the best inclusive land in the world, by a wide margin, so a top notch show or some sort of performance for MoM would round out their lineup in a perfect way.

I’d personally want a ride, but I could see a legit high-end 30 min show with effects being the better option here. Just seeing the boxes raise for the opening of Hagrides shows a sliver of the potential.

I'm of two minds. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (always liked it more than Star Wars) and the scenario you speak of is quite appetizing, but I'd like for Universal to find other cows to milk...partially because I'd love for them to flush the "Potur iz only gud theeng at Universul" argument (an opinion that, as demonstrated by the poor grammar, I obviously disagree with) down the toilet.

MoM is about the only thing that makes sense for the FFL plot Potter-wise. The question is though, can they do two MoM's? I think it it makes almost no sense to not have a Potter presence in the new park. The problem is with FB, it almost has to be one of the MoM's as those are the most recognizable locations in the movies. So if you do a MoM in one park, does it prevent them from doing another MoM in another park?

I want to re-read this whole thread, but not today... I'll just say for now that I'm definitely on board with more Potter, if it's taking over FFL. I think MiB would be too much, but FFL just makes all the sense. To reiterate from the Hagrid thread:

If anything, Ministry would replace Fear Factor Live, not MiB which is a bit too far from London.

I do agree with having some restraint with a singular IP, tho, and the only reason why I'm for MoM taking over FFL is because it's close enough, not a ride replacement, and the show it would replace is not a show that is beloved (it's actually loathed by many). I digress... the point I'm trying to get at is that you can be sure Universal is taking note that, 10 years later, the WWoHP is still poppin' and new Potter rides are still bringing in the MASSES. So, time will tell, but if I were Uni Creative, I'd be fast tracking that MoM attraction lol. HP* just keeps on giving, and it's so encouraging how this attraction is being so well received.

*please note I said HP and not Fantastic Beasts.

To expand on the last bit from my quoted post, I'm against any Fantastic Beasts coming to the parks, and don't care for the foreign MoM ideas, personally.

EDIT: I'd be fine with Jacob's Bakery, but I'm not interested in much else, tbqh.

I think the show idea is a very interesting one to explore. While they have the WADA and Celestina mini shows in Diagon, an all-out, full-length, special effects show is a type of Potter attraction that hasn't been done yet in the parks, so that in itself is a positive. Another advantage of the show idea is that it would keep this location as a theater, which allows it to be used for other purposes, including seasonal event shows like Bill & Ted, etc.

Not that we necessarily have to pick, but I'd take a Potter SFX show (Death Eaters vs Aurors or whatever) over Jason Bourne any friggin' day. Again, they've run both T2:3D and FFL for years, so Bourne and Potter could co-exist and it's not a point against the show idea. Not to mention the fact that we also lost Sindbad at IoA (however good or bad that show may have been) and I doubt we'll be seeing a show again there, so it'll be a great opportunity to have more live performers back.

Another idea or aspect to explore is how this could be a multi-level building... maybe even 3+ stories to top Transformers? Since it's snuck in a back corner of the park, and they can theme the facade to a London building, it would totally work here, as opposed to most other areas of the parks.

Anyways, more thoughts later, but I just had to pop in and add my quick two cents. Maybe it's the Hagrid high, but this excitement could be the same motivation that pushes Creative / Comcast / the powers that be... to give the go-ahead and finally get the MoM plans off the back burner.

Last edited:
The French MoM or another wizarding school makes me nervous. It would be HP’s version of “generic composite Star Wars planet.” Hagrid’s has the benefit of being attached to recognizable landmarks (plus apparently being amazing).

Also, let’s be honest - I’m a huge HP fan, but Fantastic Beasts will never have the staying power, relevancy, or significance of the original series.

I still prefer Fantastic Worlds getting the French MoM and Beauxbatons.
Totally on board.
tumblr_ldoky2Nfmo1qfvra2o1_400.gif

The French MoM or another wizarding school makes me nervous. It would be HP’s version of “generic composite Star Wars planet.” Hagrid’s has the benefit of being attached to recognizable landmarks (plus apparently being amazing).

Also, let’s be honest - I’m a huge HP fan, but Fantastic Beasts will never have the staying power, relevancy, or significance of the original series.

I agree about another school, but theres a big scene in FB2 in the French MoM.

It's absurd that they aren't bulldozing Fear Factor right now. Everyone in real life that I have mentioned the Ministry idea to loves it, Hagrid is proving that people are still hungry for Potter immersion, it is the last iconic theme park ready land in the series, this should be happening yesterday.

You make it all indoors, connected to the rest of the London facade, build it like EPCoT's Land pavilion, multi-story with the golden fountain in the center, with a Ministry Employee canteen themed quick service restaurant where you can glimpse animatronic House Elves cooking on the ground floor.

It should have three attractions, a big exciting e-ticket themed to the Department of Mysteries, a show based around Death Eater trials, and a dark ride telling a Ministry Approved Wizarding World History as an example of the dangerous powers of propaganda that Rowling made a point of highlighting in the books.

It is a perfectly set up location to make use of any and all actors who still want to (and are able to) be involved, without the exclusions of those who do not (or can not) wouldn't seem weird/obvious. So while I and many others would go crazy at having say Imelda Staunton back as Umbridge if she wasn't there it wouldn't seem odd because there is plenty you could do in the Ministry that she wouldn't be involved with.

It is a slam dunk idea and I am nervous that they haven't pulled the trigger because of Fantastic Worlds. No one really wants a Fantastic Beasts ride much less an entire land, building the British Ministry unconnected to your Wizarding London land is dumb, building a different countries Ministry is stupid and building The Ministry but set long before anything you cared about happened there is ridiculous.

Have confidence in your abilities Universal, build The Ministry in the Fear Factor spot now, and build a great new park with zero Wizarding World stuff (at least until WB figures out how to make new films set in this world that actually connect with audiences) I know you can do it Universal.

It's absurd that they aren't bulldozing Fear Factor right now. Everyone in real life that I have mentioned the Ministry idea to loves it, Hagrid is proving that people are still hungry for Potter immersion, it is the last iconic theme park ready land in the series, this should be happening yesterday.

You make it all indoors, connected to the rest of the London facade, build it like EPCoT's Land pavilion, multi-story with the golden fountain in the center, with a Ministry Employee canteen themed quick service restaurant where you can glimpse animatronic House Elves cooking, it should have three attractions, a big exciting e-ticket themed to the Department of Mysteries, a show based around Death Eater trials, and a dark ride telling a Ministry Approved Wizarding World History as an example of the dangerous powers of propaganda that Rowling made a point of highlighting in the books.

It is perfectly set up a location to make use of any and all actors who still want to (and are able to) be involved, without the exclusions of those who do not (or can not) wouldn't seem weird/obvious. So while I and many others would go crazy at having say Imelda Staunton back as Umbridge if she wasn't there it wouldn't seem odd because there is plenty you could do in the Ministry that she wouldn't be involved with.

It is a slam dunk idea and I am nervous that they haven't pulled the trigger because of Fantastic Worlds. No one really wants a Fantastic Beasts ride much less an entire land, building the British Ministry unconnected to your Wizarding London land is dumb, building a different countries Ministry is stupid and building The Ministry but set long before anything you cared about happened there is ridiculous.

Have confidence in your abilities Universal, build The Ministry in the Fear Factor spot now, and build a great new park with zero Wizarding World stuff (at least until WB figures out how to make new films set in this world that actually connect with audiences) I know you can do it Universal.
The new property was a big question mark, now that it's locked in, things like FFL are a question mark.

Funny you mention Epcot