Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Every single time I check the app, it isn't operating. I understand it’s the first few weeks of operation, there’s been weather delays etc. but the fact that it’s never operating when I just casually check in a few times a day is alarming. I’m not planning on visiting any time soon, just curious about how everything is going, but this is just crazy. Anyway, just thought I’d share. So glad to hear that most everyone who has ridden loves it.

It seems like something is happening.

Big grain of salt but some reports on FB that a train is stuck, smell of smoke and fire crew on the way to evac guests.

I’m curious how you know they’re not doing enough? Lol

This is a crappy situation. No doubt. But to imply they don’t care or aren’t doing everything they can to get it working is a huge logical jump

I’m assuming if they were doing enough it would be operating perfectly.

Unfortunately, this is a complex beast with a finite amount of time to fix.

This is a crappy situation. No doubt. But to imply they don’t care or aren’t doing everything they can to get it working is a huge logical jump

To be fair Skip if UO cared about the guest experience this attraction wouldn't have opened when it did. Countless guest complains online about standing around in limbo for hours.

I don't and you don't either, but it's looking very sloppy at this point. And even if they are doing everything they can, how did they get here?? And i didn't say not enough i said No..enough as i wrote.

To be fair Skip if UO cared about the guest experience this attraction wouldn't have opened when it did. Countless guest complains online about standing around in limbo for hours.

:)

The funny thing is before today, it seemed to be running well for a few days when not interrupted by rain.

It’s clear they probably should not have opened it when they did. You’re right. But to think that Universal doesn’t care about the guest experience is bonkers. They’re not forcing people to stay in line. And unfortunately the decision was made to announce an opening date. Now ops is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The ride is supposed to be “open”, so they have to let people queue if they want. The decision to take the ride down to get the fixes it needs has to come from a higher pay grade. Maybe that’ll happen. Or maybe this week has been a string of bad luck. Well see.

I don't and you don't either, but it's looking very sloppy at this point. And even if they are doing everything they can, how did they get here?? And i didn't say not enough i said No..enough as i wrote.

Sure. It’s sloppy. No doubt. It is what it is though.

So it would be better to disappoint the people who specifically planned trips around it by pushing back the opening date a week and a half in advance? There's nothing they could've done without getting a lot of people angry. If they knew the ride would break that close to the opening date they wouldn't have opened it. Rides are unpredictable, especially Intamins, and they didn't have much of a choice then.