Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

But it was shot in IMAX 48fps, which ironically is higher resolution than digital
But if it we're running on digital projectors now the conversion of the film would have had a loss of quality. They would need to use film projectors again to run it at full quality.

But if it we're running on digital projectors now the conversion of the film would have had a loss of quality. They would need to use film projectors again to run it at full quality.
Since IMAX is 16k resolution, it should still easily match the current 4k (dual 2k or 4k laser) projection, unless someone did a really poor transfer

Since IMAX is 16k resolution, it should still easily match the current 4k (dual 2k or 4k laser) projection, unless someone did a really poor transfer
It doesn't work that way. The new laser projectors have much better color with content shot in digital. You are going to get losses due to the transfer process even if they did a good job on it. You really need the extra resolution of film projectors to make up the difference.

What's next to get Chapeked? The restrooms? #DisneyGreed
3397007256_f3c219948a_b.jpg

A bit of good news was dropped today, looks like Soarin' Over California's return has been extended through the whole Summer!

10 Entertaining Experiences at Disney California Adventure Park this Summer | Disney Parks Blog

Having experienced this over in WDW in 2005, and heading down to DL in two weeks, I'm quite fine with SoC being there. This time it's actually fitting being in Cali, that and I didn't think Soarin' Over the World looked good. (Having the Taj Mahal CGI'd just cheapens a ride which is all about nice visuals of real places. An that's not even getting into the awkward transitions and extra CGI additions.)

A bit of good news was dropped today, looks like Soarin' Over California's return has been extended through the whole Summer!

10 Entertaining Experiences at Disney California Adventure Park this Summer | Disney Parks Blog

Having experienced this over in WDW in 2005, and heading down to DL in two weeks, I'm quite fine with SoC being there. This time it's actually fitting being in Cali, that and I didn't think Soarin' Over the World looked good. (Having the Taj Mahal CGI'd just cheapens a ride which is all about nice visuals of real places. An that's not even getting into the awkward transitions and extra CGI additions.)

I agree. I liked Soarin over California much better too. The CGI and curved buildings in Soarin World ruined the film.