Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Opening this with a month long reservation period, during a time of mass annual pass blackout, and no ROTR.... what did Disney expect?

With that said, the land is working... Don’t question that part.. We just aren’t seeing massive crowd images similar to hogsmeade‘s opening because of these “dragged out” factors. This is a multiple, month-long, grand opening... at least as far as the general public and annual pass holders are concerned.

There was never a build up for one set day when all people could come and enjoy the land in its fullest and that is what is posing the problem of no “mass hysteria and excitement”

Last edited:
Arguing over which parks have longer waits is silly. Disneyland is one of the most successful parks in the world... USH doesn't even hold a candle, and likely will never be able to. Now Universal Orlando is certainly making strides...

Arguing over which parks have longer waits is silly. Disneyland is one of the most successful parks in the world... USH doesn't even hold a candle, and likely will never be able to. Now Universal Orlando is certainly making strides...
Universal orlando is 100% doing it

I wouldn't trust Ken Storey's sources on that.

When Smuggler's Run was posting 60 minute waits FJ at USH was posting 100 minute. So.
Operations are pretty bad today. Stopped twice on both my rides on FJ. Re-rides galore. Seen a lot if new TMs on the line. So there is that.

Could it be something as simple as people are waiting a while until the crowds die down?

Also, could it be that people are more concerned with Instagramming their trip around the land and are not that interested in the ride?

There is certainly something going on, but I don't think the answer is an HP vs Star Wars debate

I have to say this is a very fascinating period right now, we've never seen a brand new major land debut quite like this.

On one hand, you can totally commend DL for running this whole reservation/virtual queue quite well. Though at the same time, you can't ignore the big elephant in the room that a possible reason for the smoothness is they're not having to deal with massive crowds due to the majority of AP's blocked out of the park. We really don't know the true test of things until those AP'rs are let in. I'd also say whenever WDW opens, but I have a gut feeling that's gonna' be a mess no matter what due to the crowds they get, that and a much smaller park to divert said crowds.

I have to say this is a very fascinating period right now, we've never seen a brand new major land debut quite like this.

On one hand, you can totally commend DL for running this whole reservation/virtual queue quite well. Though at the same time, you can't ignore the big elephant in the room that a possible reason for the smoothness is they're not having to deal with massive crowds due to the majority of AP's blocked out of the park. We really don't know the true test of things until those AP'rs are let in. I'd also say whenever WDW opens, but I have a gut feeling that's gonna' be a mess no matter what due to the crowds they get, that and a much smaller park to divert said crowds.
This is a good point, not sure of the number, but I feel passholders would change the game

They're no longer using the queue tonight and they've lifted black-outs for main gates.

I was debating mention that aspect, but yeah, it's eyebrow-raising that Disney is unblocking CM's. One could argue that everything is running so smoothly that they're able to allow more people in, but this can also be easily taken that the park is getting a little too quiet for Disney's comfort. After all it's Summer, if a park is quiet, something's amiss.

Now if they start unblocking AP'rs before September, ooooohhh boy.

Hmm it looks like the word got out so well nobody wanted to brave today, so they didn't. It either picks up really quick once word gets out, or it seems SWGE is seriously under-performing their estimates. It may have been a mistake to open up without Rise of the Resistance. I personally wasn't that fond of Smugglers Run when I went out there last week.

Hmm it looks like the word got out so well nobody wanted to brave today, so they didn't. It either picks up really quick once word gets out, or it seems SWGE is seriously under-performing their estimates. It may have been a mistake to open up without Rise of the Resistance. I personally wasn't that fond of Smugglers Run when I went out there last week.

I mean, they have not been seeing season crowds for over a month now.