Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

This is pure speculation/fantsizing, but with Universal seemingly updating their coasters to have more theming (Hulk redo, Hagrid, JP Coaster) what do we think/want Universal to do with Rip Ride Rocket area? Id think theres room for them to make a nicely themed coaster. What that property would be I don't really know, but I was just thinking the other day how it really does seem time for this ride to go. Seems to represent middle aged Universal where these parks are really changing now. Idk, just a though.

This is pure speculation/fantsizing, but with Universal seemingly updating their coasters to have more theming (Hulk redo, Hagrid, JP Coaster) what do we think/want Universal to do with Rip Ride Rocket area? Id think theres room for them to make a nicely themed coaster. What that property would be I don't really know, but I was just thinking the other day how it really does seem time for this ride to go. Seems to represent middle aged Universal where these parks are really changing now. Idk, just a though.
A Giga like Hyperion that goes backstage would be awesome

Kill it.

I’ve heard from several people Universal is looking to get rid of it.

Recently when I went the ride was slowing down at the top of the lift hill, subsequently taking a while to go over the crest. Anyone have any clue why they may have been doing this/know if they're still doing it?

Not sure, but I believe a week or two ago it got stuck for a decent amount of time on the way up. Not sure how often that happens or if they had to evacuate, but maybe that factors into it.

Recently when I went the ride was slowing down at the top of the lift hill, subsequently taking a while to go over the crest. Anyone have any clue why they may have been doing this/know if they're still doing it?

They’re trying to reduce browning out on the ride due to guest complaints.

They should replace it with a BTTF coaster so everyone shuts the hell up about BTTF
I feel as though BTTF is deserving of more than either a coaster or a simulator. Since Universal has had a habit of describing new rides as having older rides' elements put together, imagine a BTTF ride that fuses elements of Spider-Man and Test Track. Floaty car go fast.

Yeah they are literally making the ride crest the hill at 2mph before the drop its stupid

Well, as someone who has browned out on this ride and this ride only i'd say that taking a little bit longer between being sat back staring into the soul of the sun to my whole body being tipped forwards and over the crest can only be a good thing.