Disneyland Resort | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll never understand why they decided to use the Taj Mahal as one of the landmarks shown if they couldn't fly over to film it. Just pick something else. The Eiffel Tower is rough in Over the World, too.

Agreed, yes the Taj Mahal is a beautiful landmark, but if you can't fly over it, that should've been the end of that. It feels like a big slight to have it CGI'd like that in SatW.

I also don’t think the music is as powerful/emotional.

Bruce Broughton gave it a good shot, though it's hard to go up against Jerry Goldsmith, especially since SoC was no doubt a passion project of his. When someone says they'd compose a attraction for -free- after riding it, that's a passion project, and he gave us one of the GOAT's.

Proof that content matters. You can invest all the money in the world on the latest state of the art imax digital cameras and effects, but nothing beats the practical, intimate scale and beauty of 70mm imax film.

They made the Cantina, light saber, and robot assembly all deposit and name Id reservation system, and will continue it starting tomorrow.
Driod is not by reservation - that will have a standard line.

But to further expand on your point I think despite the reservations people will go in masses to see the land and ride the Falcon. Some will be disappointed in not getting a reservation for the 2 limited experiences but it will be crazy. Now smartly Disney implemented a virtual line when the land is full so that it does mot get over crowded. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Driod is not by reservation - that will have a standard line.

But to further expand on your point I think despite the reservations people will go in masses to see the land and ride the Falcon. Some will be disappointed in not getting a reservation for the 2 limited experiences but it will be crazy. Now smartly Disney implemented a virtual line when the land is full so that it does mot get over crowded. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next week.
Yep, you're right. I read through that too quickly. ..I'm guessing the land still gets swamped, at least this week. As you said, it will be interesting to watch.

Well this is a choice to try and bring the crowds back in, though looking at the reaction all around...they'd have a much better chance with Paint the Night.

If they really want to bring the crowds back in they could try lowering prices or relaxing blackout dates further.
Not sure this ancient parade is going to cut it.