Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright dudes and dudettes, I just finished a couple of rides on Lightning Rod at Dollywood and it’s comparable to I305 and Skyrush in terms of sheer intensity. If we get anything even close to that out of RMC Gwazi it’ll easily be the best pure coaster in Florida, sorry JW Intamin.

I agree that this ride ought to be accompanied by an upgrade to the station and surrounding area, especially since it’s A) one of the first things guests are going to see upon entering the park, B) probably going to be one of the park’s marquee attractions for years to come, and C) in an area that desperately needs an upgrade anyway. This is probably just wishful thinking, but it would make a lot of sense to build an enclosed restaurant in the space formerly occupied by the Marrakesh Theater, and then remove the Zagora Cafe and flatten out the land so that there’s a single, contiguous plaza between the reptile habitat and Gwazi. That would give Gwazi more of an approach and drastically improve the flow of guest traffic near the park entrance. I could also see the basically unthemed area in front of Gwazi getting a similar treatment to the area near Mako, though that didn't happen with Tigris. And I imagine the queue will need a lot of work just to be presentable; hopefully they'll throw me a bone and give it a theme while they're at it :lol:

Not a coaster but a dark ride must also be on the radar even though SeaWorld have had mixed success with them, it's an obvious gap in the lineup at BGT. I would have liked to see what they were planning with the proposed enclosure of Sand Serpent in a building.

As someone who visits Busch Gardens regularly, I would very much appreciate a dark ride. I feel like a broken record saying this, but Busch Gardens needs a ride for people who don't like coasters and it needs a ride for people to go on when it rains, especially with the current state of entertainment at the park. It also needs something that strikes a deeper, more memorable tone than pure thrills-- Turtle Trek, Flight of Passage and Shuttle Launch Experience come to mind. But I guess that's a discussion for another thread.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I agree that this ride ought to be accompanied by an upgrade to the station and surrounding area, especially since it’s A) one of the first things guests are going to see upon entering the park, B) probably going to be one of the park’s marquee attractions for years to come, and C) in an area that desperately needs an upgrade anyway. This is probably just wishful thinking, but it would make a lot of sense to build an enclosed restaurant in the space formerly occupied by the Marrakesh Theater, and then remove the Zagora Cafe and flatten out the land so that there’s a single, contiguous plaza between the reptile habitat and Gwazi. That would give Gwazi more of an approach and drastically improve the flow of guest traffic near the park entrance. I could also see the basically unthemed area in front of Gwazi getting a similar treatment to the area near Mako, though that didn't happen with Tigris. And I imagine the queue will need a lot of work just to be presentable; hopefully they'll throw me a bone and give it a theme while they're at it :lol:

As someone who visits Busch Gardens regularly, I would very much appreciate a dark ride. I feel like a broken record saying this, but Busch Gardens needs a ride for people who don't like coasters and it needs a ride for people to go on when it rains, especially with the current state of entertainment at the park. It also needs something that strikes a deeper, more memorable tone than pure thrills-- Turtle Trek, Flight of Passage and Shuttle Launch Experience come to mind. But I guess that's a discussion for another thread.
I agree with you and would encourage giving them feedback on social media so they know what fans want.

I'm holding out for at least some new rock work around Gwazi plaza...Also, move that freakin basketball game somewhere else

It would be great if they worked in a Crocodile exhibit into the queue/ride as well

Depending on the cost of the coaster it will determine what we get thematically.

I'm not sure of the cost, but I would assume they are relatively inexpensive. Six Flags has done two of the conversions in their smaller market parks, and supposedly their CapEx limit was about $7 million. Granted they were both smaller wooden coasters, but they've been so tight with their spending compared to the other chains, the cost must have been relatively low with decent RoI.

SeaWorld's budgets for recent coasters have been in the $12-20 million range, and I would guess this will come in somewhere in the middle of that range.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm not sure of the cost, but I would assume they are relatively inexpensive. Six Flags has done two of the conversions in their smaller market parks, and supposedly their CapEx limit was about $7 million. Granted they were both smaller wooden coasters, but they've been so tight with their spending compared to the other chains, the cost must have been relatively low with decent RoI.

SeaWorld's budgets for recent coasters have been in the $12-20 million range, and I would guess this will come in somewhere in the middle of that range.
I hope they left some money around for theming and queue. $1-2 million would go a long way for that area

They certainly do...I hope they go even more over the top (i.e. Cobras Curse)...This is a huge project for them and I would love to see it look as impressive as possible, not just the coaster part

i wouldn’t mind if it’s a family coaster at all. were getting america’s tallest rmc after all. i feel like a new land would benefit them best. build the land, market that, then guests come in. then build a coaster, market that, and guests come back again. kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Reactions: Magic-Man
i wouldn’t mind if it’s a family coaster at all. were getting america’s tallest rmc after all. i feel like a new land would benefit them best. build the land, market that, then guests come in. then build a coaster, market that, and guests come back again. kill 2 birds with 1 stone

I think that one of those S&S Free-Spins would work perfectly down here. There's nothing like it for hundreds of miles. Put that, a couple of flats, a simulator, and some theming in the Rhino Rally space and it's an amazing addition.

I think that one of those S&S Free-Spins would work perfectly down here. There's nothing like it for hundreds of miles. Put that, a couple of flats, a simulator, and some theming in the Rhino Rally space and it's an amazing addition.

even though i cant see a s&s free spin at bgt, they could pull it off with a jungle vine swimming theme. i also dont see them doing this because cheetah hunt, but after riding copperhead strike a couple days ago, i would LOVE to have a mack moderate thrill coaster like copperhead at bgt. copperhead was so much fun and actually somewhat forceful