Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I'm still very iffy on Creepshow. I haven't seen much evidence that points to it yet.
Everything else sounds like a lock.

*puts on tinfoil hat* Idk Creepshow was getting thrown around in Orlando for a while too for what it’s worth. Murdy’s expressed interest in it before so it wouldn’t surprise me if he still wanted to do the show if the movie didn’t work out, or if Orlando was hesitant to do it and wanted to see how it played in Hollywood.

Also, the Creepshow TV series is being produced by AMC. I would lean more towards that coming than the Warner Bros version

*puts on tinfoil hat* Idk Creepshow was getting thrown around in Orlando for a while too for what it’s worth. Murdy’s expressed interest in it before so it wouldn’t surprise me if he still wanted to do the show if the movie didn’t work out, or if Orlando was hesitant to do it and wanted to see how it played in Hollywood.

Also, the Creepshow TV series is being produced by AMC. I would lean more towards that coming than the Warner Bros version

I think with WB bulldozing their backlots (still think that's such a dumb decision, but whatever, I don't control the balance sheets), I don't think they're gonna be competing against HHN anytime soon and their IP library should be open again. Especially with the fact that GoT was, apparently, at one point coming, which is one of Warner's crown jewel properties.

I didn’t know this was/has happened. Were they just sitting unused too often these days?

Unsure. According to the Twitter replies, this has been happening for a while now, a bunch of historic Backlot sets for Frank Capra movies at WB have already been built over and real estate in Burbank is a good, cheap way of making money. Warner is still getting their house in order after the merger, so I'm assuming this is one of the ways they're trying to shore up their financials. It costs money to pay Tram drivers, and maybe demand just wasn't there with so many other Backlot tours. They might still keep some of their sets, though, I don't know what their plan is and I'm not really sure how extensive the sets even are.

Reading between the lines, though, I think the writing was on the wall as soon as Festival of Fright announced that they weren't going to come back this year. That felt like someone's plan to make money off of the backlot sets, and since it ain't coming back this year, there might just not be enough incentive to keep it around.

I think the movie version of Creepshow has more credence, given that it's a cult classic and I don't think WB would be as protective of that IP, compared to The Conjuring Universe or the IT films. Hopefully by SDCC we get news on mazes though.

I hope they announce Creepshow on Friday and then maybe Ghostbusters on Thursday or earlier. That way we get an exclusive announcement and a shared announcement knocked out in the same week

Real talk we poop on Murdy a lot but how has no one given him credit just for this year's lineup? It's going to please people on all fronts and despite the WB obstacles he does try to deliver to fans.

Yeah I think we're very hard on Murdy. Dude has to write, like, 10 full scripts a year (most screenwriters write one), negotiate with angry rights holders, deal with angry fans who want the Conjuring or IT or Doctor Sleep or whatever. I can't imagine how much stress that must be.

I think that, even if Creepshow is the TV series this year, it's still gonna be a great year with lots to look forward to. The Scare zones, especially the Halloween and Far East ones, suggest to me that Murdy feels confident enough to branch out from what we typically see, and that that - a confident artist who wants to try something bolder - is something I think we should celebrate.

Yeah, I can already see the tweets being posted, around the time the last maze announcement happens, about "Why aren't IT Chapter 2 or Annabelle Comes Home gonna be at the event?" This year looks great and, in a way, I'm glad some IPs aren't coming this year (e.g. John Carpenter's The Thing) as it allows future years to utilize highly-demanded properties, rather than running through them and reaching the IP limit quicker.

If I had to guess when we could see announcements happening, I would guess a maze a week being announced starting next week if they want everything out by two weeks ahead of opening, though we'll likely see a couple double announcement weeks. Though in general I think next week is a safe bet.

TBH I can't help but chuckle at the fact that we're now beating Knott's in the number of mazes. I remember going to HHN in 2007-2009 when it was just 3 mazes and the House of Horrors, while Knott's had 13 at the time, and how friends who preferred Knotts would poke fun at how few attractions HHN had.

I think Purge finally leaving is another reason this year is looking to be so good too. Also the fact that the only presence Blumhouse has is in a house that many people requested and was actually a critical + commercial hit; although I loved Blumhouse 2 the movies in it were definitely :ack:

I think Purge finally leaving is another reason this year is looking to be so good too. Also the fact that the only presence Blumhouse has is in a house that many people requested and was actually a critical + commercial hit; although I loved Blumhouse 2 the movies in it were definitely :ack:
Technically not Blumhouse. Was produced by Jason Blum but it's really Monkeypaw's Film.