Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread

Said without any sarcasm: that's seriously great! Happy they're attempting a solution versus trying to jam it in the traditional tent structure.

Holidayz in Hell:
20190716_153333.jpg
Waterworld Queue (HOTC):
picsart_07-16-027354804613463985274-1024x683.jpg
Tram Garage (Us and Pandora's Box):
20190716_153321.jpg
FDTD Tent (Creepshow):
IMG_20190716_152734_383.jpg
Stranger Things:
20190716_153313.jpg
747 Tent (Ghostbusters):
picsart_07-16-023888989175095812840-1024x683.jpg
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman:
IMG_20190716_152739_438.jpg
IMG_20190716_152741_589.jpg
picsart_07-16-038296353808220706974.jpg
(Photos Credit: @themasterofHHN and @mr_hhn)

Holidayz in Hell:
View attachment 10181
Waterworld Queue (HOTC):
View attachment 10187
Tram Garage (Us and Pandora's Box):
View attachment 10182
FDTD Tent (Creepshow):
View attachment 10183
Stranger Things:
View attachment 10184
747 Tent (Ghostbusters):
View attachment 10188
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman:
View attachment 10185
View attachment 10186
View attachment 10189
(Photos Credit: @themasterofHHN and @mr_hhn)

Beautiful Holidayz in Hell colour scheme shaping up.

Odd, odd time for the Creepshow facade. I would guess that it's a comic book cover. At first, I thought it was a billboard propped up on poles, but if you look through the fence mesh, you can see that the "board" extends all the way to the ground, and it has the dimensions of a comic book cover. That's my guess for the facade now, and the "roof" we saw earlier was just support beams.

I see a pretty tall wall under the 747 Queue tent, that makes me really happy! Could that be an indoor skyscraper facade?

I noticed they haven't been doing smells the past couple of years. I hope they return that effect in their houses.

Murdy said on Twitter they'll be using a new vendor this year, so the intention is for them to return.

The scents haven't really been great since 2016. There was a great variety and they were all really strong (for better or for worse). In 2017 and 2018 they were definitely there, just not as much or as strong. I really only remember Saw, The Shining, Insidious, Trick 'r Treat, and Poltergeist having scents. This year definitely has lots of potential in the scent department and the fact that Murdy's looking for a new vendor excites me. Here's some potential scents that I thought could work well:

Ghostbusters
- Burnt marshmallow for Stay Puft
- Maybe some sort of sour scent for the ectoplasm

Creepshow
- Rotting flesh & birthday cake for the Father's Day segment
- Salty sea spray for the Something to Tide You Over segment

Klowns
- Forest/Trees assuming the maze starts with the big top in the forest from the movie
- Popcorn for the popcorn gun/popcorn creatures
- Cotton candy for the cocoons (a no-brainer)

Holidayz
- Champagne and/or baby powder for New Year's
- Cheap cologne/perfume for Valentine's
- Forest/Trees for St. Patrick's (maybe burning flesh too, assuming that molten gold gag plays a bigger part)
- Marshmallow and/or chocolate for Easter
- Smoke/Gunpowder for 4th of July
- A general meat smell for Thanksgiving
- Pine for Christmas

Us
- Salty sea spray for any potential scenes that take place on the boardwalk/beach
- Forest/Trees for any potential scenes that take place outside the house
- Smoke for any potential scenes that include a fire gag with Pluto

As for the others, I'm sure there are some notable smells that could be included but I haven't seen Corpses, I haven't finished S2 of Stranger Things, I don't know enough about Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, and Pandora's Box is just a wildcard.

Holidayz
- Champagne and/or baby powder for New Year's
- Cheap cologne/perfume for Valentine's
- Forest/Trees for St. Patrick's (maybe burning flesh too, assuming that molten gold gag plays a bigger part)
- Marshmallow and/or chocolate for Easter
- Smoke/Gunpowder for 4th of July
- A general meat smell for Thanksgiving
- Pine for Christmas

One of the worst experiences in LA is being trapped on a busride with someone covered in cheap perfume. I would not look forward to the Holidayz Valentine's room haha.

Since Murdy has clarified that Halloween is a room in Holidayz and it's a giant pumpkin, pumpkin spice.

What was the smell for the Shining and Poltergeist again? I can't remember。。。

There was a perfume/soap smell in the bathroom scene of The Shining. I personally never noticed it but apparently there was also a dead body smell in the room 237 scene. As for Poltergeist, I could've sworn there was a sweetish smell in the "other side" with the clown scare. I couldn't pin the exact smell or why it would even be there, but I noticed it every time I went through.

There was a perfume/soap smell in the bathroom scene of The Shining. I personally never noticed it but apparently there was also a dead body smell in the room 237 scene. As for Poltergeist, I could've sworn there was a sweetish smell in the "other side" with the clown scare. I couldn't pin the exact smell or why it would even be there, but I noticed it every time I went through.
I can confirm there was a rotting body smell in room 237 and it smelled awful.

As for the others, I'm sure there are some notable smells that could be included but I haven't seen Corpses, I haven't finished S2 of Stranger Things, I don't know enough about Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, and Pandora's Box is just a wildcard.
Corpses:
-Fried Chicken.
-Wet Dirt in the Firefly facade.
-Candy Corn or Tutti frutti in the firefly house.
-Rotten Flesh during the underground lair.

Stranger Things will probably also have a dirt smell in the tunnels.

One of the worst experiences in LA is being trapped on a busride with someone covered in cheap perfume. I would not look forward to the Holidayz Valentine's room haha.

Since Murdy has clarified that Halloween is a room in Holidayz and it's a giant pumpkin, pumpkin spice.

It could have just been me, but I could have sworn smelling something similar to formaldehyde in both of the scenes with the giant skull scare in poltergeist

10f55618d6eac1531c31dc9f8c20c399

From Themeparkobsessions instagram, this is the creepshow facade currently, maybe it'll be the actual house after all?