Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I think Twin Peaks will come eventually. I mean, we're most likely getting Creepshow this year, and as much of a horror fan I am, I straight up know that IP is obscure as all hell. None of my friends, even the horror fans, really know that one. People know Twin Peaks, I think that it counts as a non-traditional IP to bring.

Hell, Murdy's excuse for not doing it used to be "it's not horror," now he's openly admitted he's looking at non-horror IPs, like Ghostbusters.

I think Twin Peaks will come eventually. I mean, we're most likely getting Creepshow this year, and as much of a horror fan I am, I straight up know that IP is obscure as all hell. None of my friends, even the horror fans, really know that one. People know Twin Peaks, I think that it counts as a non-traditional IP to bring.

Hell, Murdy's excuse for not doing it used to be "it's not horror," now he's openly admitted he's looking at non-horror IPs, like Ghostbusters.
Frankly a part of me hopes Twin Peaks never comes, just because I know it would never be as good as I imagine, but at the same time it would be great to see.

Frankly a part of me hopes Twin Peaks never comes, just because I know it would never be as good as I imagine, but at the same time it would be great to see.

^^this but with Suspiria too for me personally. I’m also glad we’ve haven’t had The Conjuring yet because the longer Murdy doesn’t get the rights to it the more chance it has of becoming one of his passion projects

To be fair, OP was asking about Hill House, not Twin Peaks. I don't have any clue why Hill House isn't happening this year, maybe the existing deal with Netflix only allows for one property and they can update or renegotiate that at some point. Maybe the HHN creative team just wasn't interested. Someone here knows more, I'm sure. I really hope we see it at some point, personally. I think the potential is through the roof.

He will consider it...after Mike Aiello harasses him into sharing it.
If Murdy really doesn't want to, he'll be harassed into doing it. I'm sure Aiello will leverage the low-blow we always use against Murdy when he doesn't want to do a highly-requested property: "You'll do TitE, but you won't do Killer Klowns or Hill House?" Also, imagine the blowback Murdy would get if Orlando announced Hill House but Murdy was like, "Nah, didn't want to do it because it's not popular enough/not scary enough," (etc.)

Eh, looks descent. Still think it's a huge mistake to have it only based on the Shudder series.

I don’t think Murdy is necessarily against Hill House, just focusing his efforts on classics. We’ve seen more classic horror films at the event in the last three years than ever, and I’m guessing that’s where he really wants to take the event

Last edited:
I don’t think Murray is necessarily against Hill House, just focusing his efforts on classics. We’ve seen more classic horror films at the event in the last three years than ever, and I’m guessing that’s where he really wants to take the event
Wait, Bill Murray runs hhn? no wonder orlando is getting Ghostbusters and Zombieland.

IMG_oxzlc0.jpg
IMG_20190718_152630_397.jpg
(Photo Credit: @Universal_JP)
Something I noticed from the new Creepshow TV Show trailer (It's possible also the front doesn't have a wall because in the trailer the little girl opens it).

View attachment 10225
View attachment 10226
(Photo Credit: @Universal_JP)
Something I noticed from the new Creepshow TV Show trailer (It's possible also the front doesn't have a wall because in the trailer the little girl opens it).

I'm still unconvinced, personally, because you get a shot of the whole dollhouse at one point in the trailer and it looks nothing like the facade (there are turrets and projections, for one). Although I am stumped as to what else the facade might be, maybe a giant bedroom? A window peering into a bedroom with a giant kid reading a comic book? Seems expensive to do that...

I'm still unconvinced, personally, because you get a shot of the whole dollhouse at one point in the trailer and it looks nothing like the facade (there are turrets and projections, for one). Although I am stumped as to what else the facade might be, maybe a giant bedroom? A window peering into a bedroom with a giant kid reading a comic book? Seems expensive to do that...
There's no front or top to the facade at this point. And they don't cut out windows/wood until later on.
20190719_134951.jpg
Right now there is no front side but I could easily this being the facade.

If there gonna do it based off the series, guests before September 26 will have no idea what is even going on.

Also, i don't think that house has any significance in the show besides one story it seems. so why make that into a facade?

If there gonna do it based off the series, guests before September 26 will have no idea what is even going on.

Also, i don't think that house has any significance in the show besides one story it seems. so why make that into a facade?
I mean they did it already with Dracula Untold, Crimson Peak, and Insidious 2017. Where guests kinda had no idea what to expect or what was really going on.

As for the second part it is a actually episode called "House of the Head" which could be the start of the maze or how they decided to start it.

"Evie’s discovers her new dollhouse might be haunted."
Shudder reveals full episode line-up for their upcoming Creepshow series

Not to mention the dollhouse is distinctly wider than it is long, while what we have of the facade is much closer to a square, making it a tall rectangle would also look incredibly awkward if it is the dollhouse, especially since the dollhouse is on a table. Even if the Shudder show is coming, the dollhouse being the facade is doubtful.

I mean they did it already with Dracula Untold, Crimson Peak, and Insidious 2017. Where guests kinda had no idea what to expect or what was really going on.

As for the second part it is a actually episode called "House of the Head" which could be the start of the maze or how they decided to start it.

But like what spookies said, the dollhouse is wider, as the facade is more of a square. I personally believe it to be the house from the prologue.
screen-shot-2012-04-22-at-6-07-19-pm.png

The difference is that Dracula Untold wasn't Murdys choice, Guillermo Del Toro is a big name with GP draw, and Insidious had 2 successful mazes before 2017. Creepshow on shudder has no big name that the general public know, and has never appeared at the event before, and theres no reason universal would force him to do it.

The difference is that Dracula Untold wasn't Murdys choice, Guillermo Del Toro is a big name with GP draw, and Insidious had 2 successful mazes before 2017. Creepshow on shudder has no big name that the general public know, and has never appeared at the event before, and theres no reason universal would force him to do it.
I mean well the thing is it's possible Stephen King and WB just didn't let him do the original. I'm pretty sure since King made the film he would have creative control on whether or not it can appear at the event versus something where he isn't as involved in like Kubrick's The Shining.

Versus AMC and Greg Nicotero owns the new one and King is not as much involved so it would be much easier to obtain the rights.