Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

There was a particular movie tied to a particular franchise that I read multiple reviews that described it as "unleashing Pandora's Box", but then again maybe I'm looking too much into it (plus I don't wanna jinx it on the basis maybe I'm onto something and it IS true).

If the particular film in a particular franchise you're talking about is what I think it is, I'd imagine it wouldn't be - ahem - coming home to only one coast, but at the same time, if Hollywood got it and Orlando didn't, I wouldn't complain. I wasn't head over heels about the film itself, but the concept of it (and the franchise as a whole) has a lot of potential I'd love to start seeing HHN start tapping into.

Lol I have no idea what you guys are referencing, but either way, I actually don’t see an issue with another Hollywood-only IP to go with Creepshow. Orlando—both the audience and the creative team—seems to vastly prefer originals to IPs. So unless it was some kinda mega headliner, I could see them not caring as long as they got like, Zombie Bowling Alley or some other exclusive original.

Orlando’s marketing team, however, is the one opinion that matters most.

Orlando’s marketing team, however, is the one opinion that matters most.
I mean, the marketing team doesn’t have that kind of skin in the game. If originals gets people in the door, then that’s what they’ll market, and it doesn’t seem like ORL is struggling to get people in the door. That’s what I mean when I say “mega headliner.” If it was It or Conjuring or Scream or Suspiria, and it was Hollywood only, then yeah, they’d lose it. (Rightfully so.) Something smaller like Fright Night? The Strangers? Candyman? I doubt it.

I really don't think so, if you're getting at what I think you're getting at. There's no way that wouldn't be both coasts.
True... until it actually does end up being an exclusive. :p

But I definitely am overthinking it. Nothing else dictates or points to this NOT being an original other than the fact it hasn't truly started construction yet. But still, something I was thinking about that let me go "Huh... just maybe".

If the particular film in a particular franchise you're talking about is what I think it is, I'd imagine it wouldn't be - ahem - coming home to only one coast, but at the same time, if Hollywood got it and Orlando didn't, I wouldn't complain. I wasn't head over heels about the film itself, but the concept of it (and the franchise as a whole) has a lot of potential I'd love to start seeing HHN start tapping into.

Ohh, now that would be interesting. I was wondering how they'd do the franchise considering how many movies there are at this point, I guess starting now and ignoring some of the more forgettable entries - like CoLL - might be as good a way as any.

I mean, the marketing team doesn’t have that kind of skin in the game. If originals gets people in the door, then that’s what they’ll market, and it doesn’t seem like ORL is struggling to get people in the door. That’s what I mean when I say “mega headliner.” If it was It or Conjuring or Scream or Suspiria, and it was Hollywood only, then yeah, they’d lose it. (Rightfully so.) Something smaller like Fright Night? The Strangers? Candyman? I doubt it.

Ehh, Idk, Orlando's side has huge horror nuts just like here, and there were plenty that didn't like the face that Creepshow was an exclusive. Another beloved cult horror for our side - like Candyman - and there'll probably be quite a bit of grumbling.

In the terms of speculation for PB..I'm thinking something more along the lines of a crew investigating a burial site, and they discover and accidentally open Pandora's Box, with an entire campsite's worth of researchers, excavationists, and explorers and adventurers getting caught in the way of the nightmarish creatures that dwell within it..

Almost of a Mummy in some ways, mind you.

In the terms of speculation for PB..I'm thinking something more along the lines of a crew investigating a burial site, and they discover and accidentally open Pandora's Box, with an entire campsite's worth of researchers, excavationists, and explorers and adventurers getting caught in the way of the nightmarish creatures that dwell within it..

Sort of like Orlando’s Tomb of the Ancients mixed with The Inbetween/Hades in a way then?

Sort of like Orlando’s Tomb of the Ancients mixed with The Inbetween/Hades in a way then?
Oooohhhhh. If that’s the direction they go, that would be great. The tent doesn’t look very big, so a theme like that would work perfectly for a small, intimate setting.

Last edited:
Why did the name have to get mentioned now its never coming shaking my heckin head. I call it The _________ curse. Every year its rumored or even muttered it won't happen.

Also my speculation relied on whether or not Creepshow ended up being the original or the show.
I don't think it'll come for a long time. If they bring back horror events at Warner, that's their meal ticket. I can definitively see some type of pop-up on sunset like they did with It and Ready Player One being developed this year/near future.

Last edited:

I've always loved the idea of a horror movie taking place in a museum (nightmare at the museum?) so that'd be awesome to see. Maybe all the artifacts start coming to life and murdering: Egyptian mummies, European knights, Samurai, T-rex bones, Krampus style tiny people, WW2 outfits...

I'm gonna be honest I definitely think Horror Made Here is done for.
sucks, was the best event last year. The ambiance alone was really special. On HHN talk, I'm really worried about corpses this year. Looking back through the house in 2011, it really was everything that HHN isn't like anymore. Actors weren't confined to one scare or one area of a scene, it was gorier than almost all of the other mazes I've seen in recent years, and there was no area in it where it felt empty.

I mean, look at this stuff,

That is exactly why I am hyped for it coming. As hated as that movie may be, its got some TCM vibes and I loved it, it's freaky and uncomfortable and I want that at HHN again.

I will say to anyone still holding out for It, I have a source that says we're getting a pop up activation again and it sounds freaking amazing. Way better than Neibolt was.

That could be their "exciting news for 2019," though I honestly can't help but feel it's more like a clearance sale than a sign of the show still being on the road. We'll see, but if those Condo rumors pan out, then Warner is gonna have a hard time organizing an HHN competitor even if they wanted to.

In the terms of HoTC, I went in the maze for 2010. Still even with two years in the bag (hoping 2020 can rectify this issue), it's still a great maze. I loved the use of the 3D, as it was definitely an amazing use of the colors in a way that wasn't jarring, and mixed in well.

I'd definitely be more open to the prospect, than some may be saying. But in the end, it's more of my take on the RZ IP returning more than anything (even if it is or isn't a 3D maze, like the prior rendition).

I will say to anyone still holding out for It, I have a source that says we're getting a pop up activation again and it sounds freaking amazing. Way better than Neibolt was.

To be honest, I can already see something from the Final Trailer, especially with the carnival seen in that trailer.

Imagining a pop-up like that would be..oddly amazing for the sake of IT.