Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to be wrong about this only being about Jurassic Park. It's also nice that we are finally going to officially unveil the third park (though they should not use Epic in the name, every time I see it, I think of a certain "now this is epic" tweet).

Looks like a time piece.

They're very reminiscent of the upper loop on a pocket watch:
61IzFkBBZcL._UX522_.jpg

I'm mostly just being silly, but the light could indicate the "time" on this timepiece, pointing to 12:31.

December 31st confirmed opening date!!

View attachment 10309
Astrolabe

Astrolabe - Wikipedia

So!... I know I'm jumping ahead of this but I'm doing this on purpose just so I can claim "FIRST!" :)

I think if Epic Worlds (or Fantastic Worlds) uses a steampunk astronomy/space vibe for the hub, at least someone is going to make a comparison to Tomorrowland.
Tomorrowland-Entrance-Disneyland.jpg

But I think it's important to point out that Tomorrowland has more of a retro (50's/60's Worlds Fair) theme and is also more colorful (kid-friendly?). Whereas I believe Universal will go a bit more towards the IOA Port of Entry theme, a bit more sophisticated:

7474858.jpg

Won't happen but my ultimate dream is along with Classic Monsters we have an area of classic Universal attractions that are now gone. Dueling Dragons, Back To The Future, and Jaws. Honestly all would make a compelling little area

Reactions: therock
Won't happen but my ultimate dream is along with Classic Monsters we have an area of classic Universal attractions that are now gone. Dueling Dragons, Back To The Future, and Jaws. Honestly all would make a compelling little area

If BttF comes back, I hope it's better than the old simulator. Simpsons (the IP that replaced BttF) is the worst ride I've ever ridden. Give the IP something greater than that.

Reactions: therock and HPFred

interesting pipe dream.

steampunk theme would be fantastic...

Wonder if the hotel will look similar at all to the USF Beijing one in their concept art. Different park I know but still

Another thought on the worlds and overall theme:

Classic Monsters may take place in the 30's/40's. I'm guessing the main area would be a 'town' near the Monsters attractions (e.g. town outside Dracula's castle).
Fantastic Beasts would take place in the 20's, which is close enough to time period of the above mentioned Classic Monsters.
HTTYD doesn't exactly take place in our time, but looks based off of 400-900 AD. However the theming of it fits well within the bolder colors assumed for the above mentioned worlds (CM and FB).

And if the hub goes with steampunk, all of the above would fit well with this theme, which just leaves...

Nintendo, which is incredibly cartoony and colorful. Now I want Nintendo just as much as anyone else, but I'm wondering if it will clash a bit with the other worlds in respects to a bold theme? Unless we also get Trolls, then my whole thesis crumbles. :)

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.