Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Orlando To Announce New Property Details on August 1 - What To Expect - Theme Park University

TPU is saying to not expect much at all, but TPU themselves will reveal a ton of stuff before August 1st :rolleyes:

After their last couple of blunders (Donkey Kong coming to SNW Japan next year, the whole "inhumane" article) I don't believe them. Probably trying to cover all the bases before the announcement.
Echoes what we’ve been saying. General public doesn’t know about the new park. Don’t expect details. New park and attached hotel and that’s about it.

Echoes what we’ve been saying. General public doesn’t know about the new park. Don’t expect details. New park and attached hotel and that’s about it.

I get that, but it just seems like they're still trying to keep their whole "let's reveal a couple of details and then say we're gonna reveal more later but it never comes up until several months later, when we tell you two more details and ask you to wait more" thing. It gets annoying after a while.

They're probably only going to reveal stuff now to stay ahead of the announcement. Nobody saw it coming this early.

Universal Orlando To Announce New Property Details on August 1 - What To Expect - Theme Park University

TPU is saying to not expect much at all, but TPU themselves will reveal a ton of stuff before August 1st :rolleyes:

After their last couple of blunders (Donkey Kong coming to SNW Japan next year, the whole "inhumane" article) I don't believe them. Probably trying to cover all the bases before the announcement.
Andy (HTF): Raise expectations.
TPU: Lower expectations.

Me:
upload_2019-7-29_14-3-46.png

TPU lately has been good with stuff that has happened in the past, bad with everything else. I'm expecting a name and a completion year, with the only land that will have any detail being the Nintendo Land. Still, I believe Andy a lot more, TPU has been pretty smug despite having a very bad track record as of late.

Make sure you guys read my comment to the TPU article. ;)

EDIT:
Ya I believe TPU is similar to Jim Hill and they report anything they hear. Whatever they hear may be something that was planned or was going to happen but never came to fruition or got changed. So id take whatever they say with a grain of salt.
I do enjoy seeing/reading what 'could have been' or 'could be.' But you're absolutely right... grain of salt... just like everyone else though. :p

I'm actually siding with TPU on this one, lowered expectations.

Last edited:
Again, the logo with SNW in the background like we saw from the leak Alicia provided is all I am expecting. I just need Thursday to happen because this has consumed my brain since last Friday and won't not consume my brain until Thursday.

Reactions: Alicia
Before seeing the more detailed version, I had thought it looked like it might be something of an Astrolabe, but it's clearly not.

Sort of looks like a tunnel/portal, no? But I'm guessing that's not it and some sort of textual logo will be in the dark circle.
My first tought was also an astrolabe, and I don't see what makes you think it's not. If what makes you say it's a portal is the brightened pic, I think that's the back part of the logo, as @Scott W. suggested.
But looking more at it, it also reminds me of alchemy symbols, like the ones that have moon and sun over and under a big circle (like the two smaller circles in the logo). Maybe azoth? (I don't know much about alchemy)

And although I don't think it will be a compass, it appears to keep the medal like smaller spikes around a circle.
It would be cool to have it as a visual identity of Universal logos, I just don't know how they could change Studio's one to fit in it.

But with a more polished logo of course. That was an early design.
True! I hope all the stuff you have reported on becomes true. I just stubbed across the Classic Monsters Vid last night for the first time... Fantastic Worlds is consuming way too much of my time currently.

Reactions: Alicia
I think there will be more info than some are expecting, and less than what others are expecting.

Basically everyone will be let down. :lol:

I think people expecting a fully detailed park announcement are going to be disappointed, but people expecting just a park announcement with vague/already seen concept art will be pleasantly surprised. And if Universal really does have LOTR or another major IP somehow, I could see an announcement of that IP here.

We're getting new concept art at the very least, and I'm fine with that.

They already have a name for the entire resort: Universal Orlando Resort.

Yes, but they're not expanding by land and by adding an entire new theme park and hotel and possible entertainment area. Nothing wrong with rebranding your resort a little as it gets bigger and you now have 4 parks for people to visit. Call it "Universal's Epic Universe" and have all 4 logos for IOA, USF, FW, and VB there. Makes sense to me personally and creates more excitement if you rebrand a little.

Reactions: HPFred
Yes, but they're not expanding by land and by adding an entire new theme park and hotel and possible entertainment area. Nothing wrong with rebranding your resort a little as it gets bigger and you now have 4 parks for people to visit. Call it "Universal's Epic Universe" and have all 4 logos for IOA, USF, FW, and VB there. Makes sense to me personally and creates more excitement if you rebrand a little.

Universal Escape 2.0

That is certainly possible. Not sure if it's worth the time/effort to rebrand. Rebranding is usually done when things are going wrong.

I personally think they'll push further into the UOR name recognition rather than backing away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.