Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: If i am to get this right, that the hub for Fantastic Worlds is one long road with a hotel at the very end, does that mean that the article posted by TPU from awhile back about the park's layout and admission system is correct? I thought it was confirmed to be false information.
The separate turnstiles for each land is what we’ve been saying is no longer true.

In a better place than HTTYD
At least HTTYD is a 1st party IP. They won't care how it's doing as a franchise if they don't have to pay for it.

Universal is going to want to use as many 1st party IPs as possible. FW is already assumed to be half 3rd party (Nintendo + FB, with DW and CM being 1st), and I'm betting Universal is not super happy about that fact.

I expect them to really push for 1st party IPs even harder in the future. So this is why my second land I am predicting for dry park 4 in 2033 is.....

F&F-Supercharged-LAND. (I'm half serious.)

It’s looking like the lands will have entrances along the way to the hub/icon, rather than all at the hub.
Maybe it's my lack of imagination, but I'm just not picturing this. Wouldn't guests have to walk a very far distance along a narrow path to get anywhere?

Last edited:
Doubt it. They’ll probably just release a PR video through the blog or twitter

Yea, it’s about the Second Age of Middle Earth, while LOTR is set at the end of the Third Age

It will still have all the D&D mainstay creatures. Hopefully with the same, or at least similar, designs. It would be cool if there was more magic, IMHO.

No one said anything about narrow.
So something like this?

upload_2019-7-29_20-43-1.png

Note: blue sections/arrows are park entrances. W indicates an individual world. Obviously I don't know how many precise worlds there will be or how much room for expansion, so I just placed 6.

If the above is at least somewhat accurate, this would mean the hub is actually the "front" of the park for the hotel guests.

This is actually somewhat close to what TPU had also crudely drawn/reported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
They talked about it in the leaked documents from the presentation a few month back

Yup

[While] our creative teams are still in the early stages of developing the new park, we can already reveal some more details besides just the name. The park will be designed in a ‘hub and spoke’ design, with a central icon and space, known as a ‘hub’, allowing for easy wayfinding between the many immersive worlds.

I just think the hub will be hub-ier than we’re probably picturing.
file-576x1024.png

"The red rectangular area is your main hub. It’s pretty massive (larger than Magic Kingdom in Orlando) and will feature shops, dining, entertainment and a few attractions."

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
I saw remove the loops for the lands. I think they go with a main entrance/exit for each place like Diagon.

So because the hotel is at the back of the park...you would basically have to make entering the hub “free”, or maybe just proof of a reservation, or 2nd entrance in the rear of the park for check in?

Actually thinking more about it, they would definitely need a second entrance as I can’t imagine tourist wanting to wade through a hub with their luggage. Unless they had bell men at the front gates?

It’s an interesting concept for sure. That hotel better be “something” to look at, if it stares down at the rest of the park.

Reactions: jrn14
I saw remove the loops for the lands. I think they go with a main entrance/exit for each place like Diagon.
Makes each individual land more immersive and doesn’t require careful transition like MK does. It’s an interesting idea. Crowd flow and way-finding would be the best arguments against it.

Reactions: HPFred
I can’t speak to the entertainment and attractions content, but yea, I think TPU’s crude drawing captures the hub fairly well... if those circles are just the entrances to the much larger lands behind them that is.
TPU said it wasn't to scale... but I think the idea of the circles being small is that the hub is "massive."

Honestly, I can only see a massive hub ('larger than Magic Kingdom', as TPU is reporting) being supported on a free, Disney Springs like model.

If they were right about the crude drawing, what else could they be right about?..

Status
Not open for further replies.