Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There appear to be up to four possible "hub" attraction entrances/buildings:

- The coaster above DW land/Berk on the right side, obviously.

- The Mission:Space looking building directly above said coaster.

- A large building just above Nintendo.

- Another large building with a big red statue out front just below Monsters.

It's possible these could be show/restaurant/shop buildings but they don't look that way to me from the art, as opposed to the relatively motley collection of other structures which clearly appear to represent shops and restaurants. And of course the big fountain amphitheater.

Of course, it's just art.

Just as a piece of concept art, it looks very impressive. I do, however, have a couple of questions and/or "concerns"...

1. Is that coaster going to be the only significant attraction in the hub? I see an awful lot of potential "showbuilding"-type structures in there, but are those all just shops and dining?
2. What is going on with that brightly-lit amphitheater with attached oblong showbuilding in the Classic Monsters area? Furthermore, where's the showbuilding for the Monsters' big dark ride? Seems most other showbuildings in other lands are in the art, but not in the Monsters' area? Just an oversight, or indicative of something to be worried about?
3. The HTTYD area, from this semi-vague aerial view, seems a bit underwhelming and not particularly what I would have expected a Berk land to look like. Hopefully the second attraction in the castle that @Alicia mentioned is a MAJOR dark ride or some other form of E-ticket mega-attraction.

Quick thoughts:

1. I love the concept art.
2. The 4 lands make the park feel small, but considering every land seems to have at least 1-2 E tickets, that's honestly great. Plus, there's the coaster.
3. My only main disappointment is HTTYD is the only Dreamworks IP. I wanted the Shrek stuff to pan out so badly.

Just as a piece of concept art, it looks very impressive. I do, however, have a couple of questions and/or "concerns"...

1. Is that coaster going to be the only significant attraction in the hub? I see an awful lot of potential "showbuilding"-type structures in there, but are those all just shops and dining?
2. What is going on with that brightly-lit amphitheater with attached oblong showbuilding in the Classic Monsters area? Furthermore, where's the showbuilding for the Monsters' big dark ride? Seems most other showbuildings in other lands are in the art, but not in the Monsters' area? Just an oversight, or indicative of something to be worried about?
3. The HTTYD area, from this semi-vague aerial view, seems a bit underwhelming and not particularly what I would have expected a Berk land to look like. Hopefully the second attraction in the castle that @Alicia mentioned is a MAJOR dark ride or some other form of E-ticket mega-attraction.

Monsters will absolutely have a big dark ride. It’s a FJ-type ride

The HTTYD land looks disappointing. Where’s the tall cliffs?

Think of the Concept as a general look, but not a confirmation of the final product. You'll notice that Nintendo doesn't look overtly Nintendo. It gives ideas to what's coming but is restrained enough to "not confirm".

This concept of art reminds me of the Beijing concept of art. The stuff related to the look and feel of the park will be the same but the lands themselves could change. I imagine the model we have seen for Nintendo will be what we get in this park. I think Fantastic Beasts will be based more on the first film. I think HTTYD might be smaller or have more dream works properties to fill the space.

I was looking forward to Berk more than anything in the park. I agree with @belloq87 in that I hope there's at least one major E-Ticket dark ride, hopefully in the form of that flying simulator attraction they filed a patent for a while back.

The rest of the park looks amazing though, and I'm sure the attractions will be incredible.

The one question I have is about how the dueling coaster will work. Since it's in the hub, and the hub is open to the public, does that mean it will be an upcharge attraction? And if so, will it operate independently of the tickets for the worlds, or will it only be available if you have a park ticket for the other worlds?

Reactions: Ryno27 and belloq87
The one question I have is about how the dueling coaster will work. Since it's in the hub, and the hub is open to the public, does that mean it will be an upcharge attraction? And if so, will it operate independently of the tickets for the worlds, or will it only be available if you have a park ticket for the other worlds?

It won't be open to the public... (right?)

The hub will not be open to the public

Also it’s now very clear why it was saved. They didn’t have another colossal hitter like it.

No doubt. There isn't an anchor IP to be had. FB, Monsters and HTTYD wouldn't be any sort of pull at all. But like anything, if the rides are amazing, it will be totally fine. I'm stoked about classic monsters, but I totally understand that it's not a huge draw.

EA5H_VvX4AEc7_3.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EA5H_VvX4AEc7_3.jpg:large

In other news- HTTYD is definitely getting a coaster. Appears to start near Castle and then goes over the water and land. Could it be a Mack clone from Motiongate?

Did they confirm 2023?
No.
No doubt. There isn't an anchor IP to be had. FB, Monsters and HTTYD wouldn't be any sort of pull at all. But like anything, if the rides are amazing, it will be totally fine. I'm stoked about classic monsters, but I totally understand that it's not a huge draw.

EA5H_VvX4AEc7_3.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EA5H_VvX4AEc7_3.jpg:large

In other news- HTTYD is definitely getting a coaster. Appears to start out in Castle and then goes over the water and land. Could it be a Mack clone from Motiongate?

i sure hope it’s not a clone from Motiongate