Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Creepshow

(reposted from main thread)

They're actually putting in comic book/Suspiria style lighting with movement lines and stuff! This is the stuff that HHN fans live for!

5697036487_c2f68a025c_b.jpg

Holy crap, this looks amazing so far and they're just talking about the first section so far. Murdy is taking some serious creative swings and it's so exhilirating to see.

I never would've thought that they'd be able to get to use the WB/Romero film, even if for a spell. So seeing Father's Day and the Cockroaches is definitely a surprise.

It feels like this is one of those few that's going to get a lot more coverage, especially from the way Murdy's been wording of how involved he was with Greg Nicotero on the maze..

This is one of the more underwhelming announcements I've ever heard but I'm hoping it'll have a lot of bite, ala Dracula. I already know most people I know are very bummed by this year's lineup so far. Here's to hoping they announce US very very soon to get the excitement rolling again for those not in the know of obscure stuff.

This is one of the more underwhelming announcements I've ever heard but I'm hoping it'll have a lot of bite, ala Dracula. I already know most people I know are very bummed by this year's lineup so far. Here's to hoping they announce US very very soon to get the excitement rolling again for those not in the know of obscure stuff.

Not gonna try to start anything, but noone knew who Iron Man was prior to 2008. I'm glad they're branching out and taking inspiration from new and unexpected places.

And in terms of Box Office, Creepshow, if you adjust for inflation, made more than any of Romero's zombie movies aside from Dawn of the Dead. It was a pretty big hit, and more people might know it than you'd expect.

• it'll be part series and movie
  • you'll enter through the comic, and it'll come to life
  • You'll first enter through the pages through a comic book, with some ads in there.
  • You'll then go through Fathers Day.
  • You'll enter through the Grantham house, with the grave
  • Comic book lighting will be used.
  • Have a "I got my cake" scare.
  • You'll go through The Crate
  • You'll go through the science classroom, with tons of blood.
  • He'll scare through the crate, similar to the bear scare in Krampus.
  • Charlie Gereson will be a scare
  • You'll then enter There Creeping Up On You
  • You'll go through Upson Pratts Penthouse Apartment, with the Oxygen Sensor beeping and roach invading
  • You'll see Pratt as a Live Preformer, with a Reverse Bear Trap style effect.
  • You'll then go through Grey Matter (2019) with a Apartment Living Room, Kitchen with mold, and the bathroom.
  • You'll then see Bad Wolf Down (2019) with french jail cells with possible werewolf
  • You'll then enter into the Epilogue, with the book in the trash and creeper scare

The science checks out. :bonk:

Alright after watching the movie and hearing the details, I must say, Im really excited for this one. Love the comic book stylw lighting their gonna do. This may have moved up to my anticipation list.

I'm just mega-excited for the comic-book style lighting because it's something we've just never seen before. It's a stylistic flourish that really speaks to the creative team's willingness to break the boundaries with this maze, and I can't wait to see what it'll look like. It also opens the door to some funky new properties like Suspiria or Giallo.

And above all that, isn't it great to see something really new in a horror nights maze?

I'm just mega-excited for the comic-book style lighting because it's something we've just never seen before. It's a stylistic flourish that really speaks to the creative team's willingness to break the boundaries with this maze, and I can't wait to see what it'll look like. It also opens the door to some funky new properties like Suspiria or Giallo.

And above all that, isn't it great to see something really new in a horror nights maze?
I am really excited about this house/maze when I go out to USH for 10 days for work. I am excited to about the comic-book style lighting. Plus, I love that movie and can't wait to go thru with my hubby, especially since The Crate monster freaks him out.
This is my main goal to do a few times while out there. Wish we would have it here in Orlando, but also will be really nice if they have some merch for it. Currently looking for another Creepshow & HoTC hoodies to bring out there.

Hell yeah man. It is nice to see something new and refreshing. Thats why I love this year.

Could not be more excited for this maze! Even though Something to Tide You Over is my favorite segment of the film, they picked the 3 that will work best in the maze, plus Grey Matter is one of King's best short stories! Hopefully we'll maybe get some cake scent in the first segement.

That’s awesome that you guys get Creepshow. Sucks that Orlando didn’t share the property. Maybe next year we could get it.
Sure beats First Purge as an exclusive property LOL.

I'm sure this is being eyed by Orlando Creative to see if the guest ratings are high. I can't imagine it just never coming to the East Coast.

Could not be more excited for this maze! Even though Something to Tide You Over is my favorite segment of the film, they picked the 3 that will work best in the maze, plus Grey Matter is one of King's best short stories! Hopefully we'll maybe get some cake scent in the first segement.

Ahah, but perhaps they're saving that for the sequel next year?