1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN '19: Creepshow

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Aug 3, 2019.

1. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Just to remind you guys creative has nothing to do with horror nights and it’s the A&D department.

2. foodstampsFTW

foodstampsFTW Member

Like Klownz I haven’t seen this movie yet so I have no expectations, but I’m hoping for the best.

3. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

Knowing about the comic book lighting makes me 10x more excited. Trick ‘r Treat failed miserably at the comic book aspect of the film so I’m really happy they’re leaning into that for this maze.

Plus, this is literally a near Stephen King maze with 2 direct adaptions of his stories. I’m really shocked they got this approved, but it’s not a coincidence that King isn’t mentioned in any of the write ups.

rageofthegods, Freak and hhnlover like this.
  4. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

I like how Murdy caught himself when he was describing "Grey Matter."

He said "Have any of you read the story? Well, it's based on a--"

(Crap crap I can't say his name)

"
    ...Short story."

Fallow, horrornights789 and hhnlover like this.
  5. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Apparently Creepshow might have some cool creature effects in the show segment (Mold creature or werewolf?)

rageofthegods likes this.
  6. rageofthegods

hhnlover likes this.
  7. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

rageofthegods likes this.
  8. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I am really happy to hear that 2/3 of the maze will be the original! Also thrilled to see Murdy address those black walls by having comic book pages in the transition hallways. It would’ve been nice to see a segment from the under water zombies, but oh well. I would’ve done the same if I had to pick three of the five stories.

That lighting effect really makes me happy. They’re going all-in to make this different and stylish. Can’t wait to see this!

9. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

"Most people I know" is an automatic ender for me. Even if the person is correct, I no longer take them seriously after that.

Fallow, Dr. Herbert West and hhnlover like this.
  10. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

Yup. Only downside is, I think every time they use this loophole, they make it less likely that they'll ever be allowed to do any King the right way.

(Sorry for the double post mods. I'd fix, but I'm on the run.)

horrornights789 likes this.
  11. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

I’m just curious how they even did it with Creepshow. Unlike The Shining, Stephen King wrote this movie and his name is featured on most of the movie’s promo and cover art and played a big part of the movie’s development.

If I had to rank my anticipation on the sections based on what’s been released:

1. Happy Father’s Day
    2. Gray Matter
    3. The Crate
    4. They’re Creeping Up on You
    5. Bad Wolf Down

I’d be shocked if Bad Wolf Down doesn’t reuse the Insidious jail sets for the final “cell” scene, but overall they all great! Plus unlike TrT it seems the comic book art will fill in the black walls

Fallow likes this.
  12. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Shocked that "Jordy Verill" isn't included--they could've easily shipped the ghillie suits from Seeds over.

13. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

It's not whether his name is on it, it's whether he owns the rights. When he did Creepshow with Romero, he was famous, but still not quite the one man industry he would become. He may not - and seems not to, considering the crap sequel that was Creepshow 3 - own the rights.

horrornights789 likes this.
  14. rageofthegods

It's tough to rank the sections, because with the exception of Bad Wolf Down (the only real unknown of the five) they're all incredibly exciting prospects.

For now, I'll say:

1. Gray Matter: No spoilers, but the creature from the book in this one was very, very creepy. The elevations they showed also have some terrifying details in them (all from the book), and I can't wait to see what it'll all come together to look like. I'm just excited because all I have to go on is imagination, it's kind of great.

2. They're Creeping Up on You: The most infamous section in the movie, I'm putting it below Gray Matter just because I have no idea what the scares or characters will look like. Murdy's hinting at some crazy things tho, and growing up with cockroach infestations has given me a healthy fear of those things, so I can't wait to squirm in this maze (maybe they'll do little airbursts to simulate cockroaches?)

3. The Crate: Best section in the movie, problem here is that Murdy's description made it sound kind of short, just the science classroom and, presumably, a hallway or the infamous staircase. Still, Fluffy is a great little creature, and it'd be great to see him in the maze. I wonder if Billie will show up to get eaten?

4. Happy Father's Day: I know, I know, but at the end of the day, Nathan Grantham is just a zombie, haha. Still, it sounds like this will be the biggest section, with an indoor facade and graveyard and everything. The scene with the cake also looks like Cheesy goodness, and I can't wait to see it in action.

5. Bad Wolf Down: It's kind of an unknown, though from the description it sounds like it'll have some funky effects. Still, I'm not sure if it'll pull its weight next to all the cool monsters in the other sections. Still, open mind, and the jail setting would be nice to see again.

15. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

They likely would have needed King's image rights for that scene.

EDIT - that and Orlando and Hollywood really don't work that closely together.

SukaVayne73, RevFreako, Freak and 2 others like this.
  16. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

I wonder what that "surprise" room will be in "they're creeping up on you" will be. I think it'll either be a roach animatronic, or a room covered in roaches.

Dr. Herbert West likes this.
  17. marip123

marip123 Rookie

I hope its a massive roach animatronic, but one could dream...:shrug:

hhnlover likes this.
  18. marip123

marip123 Rookie

Delete

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  19. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

20. AlexanderMBush