Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Creepshow

Sure beats First Purge as an exclusive property LOL.

I'm sure this is being eyed by Orlando Creative to see if the guest ratings are high. I can't imagine it just never coming to the East Coast.

Ahah, but perhaps they're saving that for the sequel next year?
Just to remind you guys creative has nothing to do with horror nights and it’s the A&D department.

Knowing about the comic book lighting makes me 10x more excited. Trick ‘r Treat failed miserably at the comic book aspect of the film so I’m really happy they’re leaning into that for this maze.

Plus, this is literally a near Stephen King maze with 2 direct adaptions of his stories. I’m really shocked they got this approved, but it’s not a coincidence that King isn’t mentioned in any of the write ups.

Knowing about the comic book lighting makes me 10x more excited. Trick ‘r Treat failed miserably at the comic book aspect of the film so I’m really happy they’re leaning into that for this maze.

Plus, this is literally a near Stephen King maze with 2 direct adaptions of his stories. I’m really shocked they got this approved, but it’s not a coincidence that King isn’t mentioned in any of the write ups.

I like how Murdy caught himself when he was describing "Grey Matter."

He said "Have any of you read the story? Well, it's based on a--"

(Crap crap I can't say his name)

"
...Short story."

Apparently Creepshow might have some cool creature effects in the show segment (Mold creature or werewolf?)

The OG monster in the book starts splitting in half at the end of the movie (it's this weird fungus monster and that's how it reproduces - think the split head monster from the Thing) so my guess is there'd be a funky Thing-ish monster attached - possibly even with a splitting head effect.

The OG monster in the book starts splitting in half at the end of the movie (it's this weird fungus monster and that's how it reproduces - think the split head monster from the Thing) so my guess is there'd be a funky Thing-ish monster attached - possibly even with a splitting head effect.
after reading a description of the book, i can imagine each room will have a evolving Richie as a scare, starting out as a costume scare (imagine the molded in resident evil 7), and then ending with a animatronic scare.

I am really happy to hear that 2/3 of the maze will be the original! Also thrilled to see Murdy address those black walls by having comic book pages in the transition hallways. It would’ve been nice to see a segment from the under water zombies, but oh well. I would’ve done the same if I had to pick three of the five stories.

That lighting effect really makes me happy. They’re going all-in to make this different and stylish. Can’t wait to see this!

Yup. Only downside is, I think every time they use this loophole, they make it less likely that they'll ever be allowed to do any King the right way.

(Sorry for the double post mods. I'd fix, but I'm on the run.)

Yup. Only downside is, I think every time they use this loophole, they make it less likely that they'll ever be allowed to do any King the right way.

(Sorry for the double post mods. I'd fix, but I'm on the run.)

I’m just curious how they even did it with Creepshow. Unlike The Shining, Stephen King wrote this movie and his name is featured on most of the movie’s promo and cover art and played a big part of the movie’s development.

If I had to rank my anticipation on the sections based on what’s been released:

1. Happy Father’s Day
2. Gray Matter
3. The Crate
4. They’re Creeping Up on You
5. Bad Wolf Down

I’d be shocked if Bad Wolf Down doesn’t reuse the Insidious jail sets for the final “cell” scene, but overall they all great! Plus unlike TrT it seems the comic book art will fill in the black walls

I’m just curious how they even did it with Creepshow. Unlike The Shining, Stephen King wrote this movie and his name is featured on most of the movie’s promo and cover art and played a big part of the movie’s development.

1. Happy Father’s Day
2. Gray Matter
3. The Crate
5. Bad Wolf Down

I’d be shocked if Bad Wolf Down doesn’t reuse the Insidious jail sets for the final “cell” scene, but overall they all great! Plus unlike TrT it seems the comic book art will fill in the black walls

It's not whether his name is on it, it's whether he owns the rights. When he did Creepshow with Romero, he was famous, but still not quite the one man industry he would become. He may not - and seems not to, considering the crap sequel that was Creepshow 3 - own the rights.

1. Happy Father’s Day
2. Gray Matter
3. The Crate
5. Bad Wolf Down

It's tough to rank the sections, because with the exception of Bad Wolf Down (the only real unknown of the five) they're all incredibly exciting prospects.

For now, I'll say:

1. Gray Matter: No spoilers, but the creature from the book in this one was very, very creepy. The elevations they showed also have some terrifying details in them (all from the book), and I can't wait to see what it'll all come together to look like. I'm just excited because all I have to go on is imagination, it's kind of great.

2. They're Creeping Up on You: The most infamous section in the movie, I'm putting it below Gray Matter just because I have no idea what the scares or characters will look like. Murdy's hinting at some crazy things tho, and growing up with cockroach infestations has given me a healthy fear of those things, so I can't wait to squirm in this maze (maybe they'll do little airbursts to simulate cockroaches?)

3. The Crate: Best section in the movie, problem here is that Murdy's description made it sound kind of short, just the science classroom and, presumably, a hallway or the infamous staircase. Still, Fluffy is a great little creature, and it'd be great to see him in the maze. I wonder if Billie will show up to get eaten?

4. Happy Father's Day: I know, I know, but at the end of the day, Nathan Grantham is just a zombie, haha. Still, it sounds like this will be the biggest section, with an indoor facade and graveyard and everything. The scene with the cake also looks like Cheesy goodness, and I can't wait to see it in action.

5. Bad Wolf Down: It's kind of an unknown, though from the description it sounds like it'll have some funky effects. Still, I'm not sure if it'll pull its weight next to all the cool monsters in the other sections. Still, open mind, and the jail setting would be nice to see again.

I wonder what that "surprise" room will be in "they're creeping up on you" will be. I think it'll either be a roach animatronic, or a room covered in roaches.

giphy.gif