Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool if Puy du Fou would create a monsters show for Universal. They did it for Efteling and done it in other places so it is possible and they are amazing.
Puy du Fou
Also Efteling made a stunning trackless ride on a budget. But I guess the Epic Worlds, because it will be fast tracked to build, will cost a lot, maybe 5 or 6 billion (including back offices etc).

Hi everyone,
I love the concept, it makes me so excited for what will follows,

For me, the only odd thing is that I don't know what to think about the use of an hotel as the focal point.
I mean, at Disneyland Paris (I'm French), we have the beautiful Disneyland Hotel at the entrance of the park, it immerses you immediately and creates a barrier between the real world and the magical world, a little like Diagon Alley, where the London facades hide what's behind.
Once past this one, you will finally be able to enter Disneyland, which will make you forget this hotel quickly enough, to concentrate your attention on the castle, who’s the true symbol here.

But in the case of Epic Universe, it’s located in the most iconic and central place, where in my opinion a castle, or an epic mountain should belong.

Imagine yourself or your children attracted by this magnificent building in the back. To discover that it is closed to you and reserved for a privileged segment of visitors.

I don't want to be seen as a killjoy, i would love to have your opinion on that !
On a side note, I’m super excited by the classic monsters land

Hi everyone,
I love the concept, it makes me so excited for what will follows,

For me, the only odd thing is that I don't know what to think about the use of an hotel as the focal point.
I mean, at Disneyland Paris (I'm French), we have the beautiful Disneyland Hotel at the entrance of the park, it immerses you immediately and creates a barrier between the real world and the magical world, a little like Diagon Alley, where the London facades hide what's behind.
Once past this one, you will finally be able to enter Disneyland, which will make you forget this hotel quickly enough, to concentrate your attention on the castle, who’s the true symbol here.

But in the case of Epic Universe, it’s located in the most iconic and central place, where in my opinion a castle, or an epic mountain should belong.

Imagine yourself or your children attracted by this magnificent building in the back. To discover that it is closed to you and reserved for a privileged segment of visitors.

I don't want to be seen as a killjoy, i would love to have your opinion on that !
On a side note, I’m super excited by the classic monsters land
You are not wrong but looking at the concept art the entrance welcomes you with quite a bit of greenery making the view more narrow. When I put a line between the 2 circular buildings and and fountains it's on an angle, each one could be visible and overlapping each other. All the way in the back is the hotel but it will appear much smaller from that distance. that sad it seems there isn't a real icon in the park, just like USF and IOA don't have one in the park. And to be honest, I don't miss them there.

What are some elements you guys would like to see in this park not currently present at any of the current ones ?

Last edited:
Seems like we're getting it with at the very least Yoshi, but a couple truly good dark rides. Universal is great with thrills from mild to heavy thrilling, but I really want them to capitalize on it with a great e ticket type dark ride. Everything so far rumored sounds exactly up my alley though so I truly can't wait

Seems like we're getting it with at the very least Yoshi, but a couple truly good dark rides. Universal is great with thrills from mild to heavy thrilling, but I really want them to capitalize on it with a great e ticket type dark ride. Everything so far rumored sounds exactly up my alley though so I truly can't wait

Seems like we're getting at least one dark ride in Monsters, and at least one in Potter/FB. Maybe two in both??

Also just wanted to add this is my first post. Long-time reader but this news got me so excited I had to make an account lol

All of the IPs being used for this park are SCREAMING for animatronics to be used. Nintendo Characters, Classic Monsters, the beasts from Fantastic Beasts, a Toothless animatronic.. I'm sure we'll see some screens but I really want to see these truly brought to life with some great animatronics!

All of the IPs being used for this park are SCREAMING for animatronics to be used. Nintendo Characters, Classic Monsters, the beasts from Fantastic Beasts, a Toothless animatronic.. I'm sure we'll see some screens but I really want to see these truly brought to life with some great animatronics!
What are some companies that design the best animatronics ?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Considering we're got new AAs for Kong, Hagrid, and rumored for JW coaster and River Adventure, and SLOP in Hollywood, Universal is trending towards less screens and more practical sets. With this brand new park that they are making a BIG deal, id expect the trend to continue!

What are some elements you guys would like to see in this park not currently present at any of the current ones ?

I think modern theme parks are lacking the big thing of the past which is give me something I didn't know I want. Essentially everything in the Universal parks are rather safe. An element I want them to bring is the I didn't expect to like this and this is so amazing...essentially the equivalent of WaterWorld which was not a proven IP but made such an amazing attraction. That's the element I really want. The element of extreme surprise and amazement.

Universal has been safe with Fast and Furious, Tonight Show, and Kong with regards to ride systems. But honestly, for the last 10 years I don't feel they've been safe. Opening up Potter was their biggest expansion ever and was using a new ride system (Kuka), Hagrid's is clearly far from safe with how unique a lot of that ride is, Gringott's played it a little safe relying on screens, but is also a brand new ride system. Hogwarts Express connecting the 2 parks, Volcano Bay being an incredibly immersive Water Park with a virtual queue for the entire park is not safe either. I have to completely disagree with that to be honest. They experiment pretty well lately imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.