Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kong and Furious being trackless doesn't really add to the experience....similar could be said for GMR/ToT.

Ratatouille and Antarctica (neither I've been on yet) are more about the benefit, where each ride car can do their own thing, and also provide a different experience if you ride a different car each time.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Mystic Manor (and from what I've seen, Symbolica at Efteling) are the top ones.
I forgot about Symbolica...That's a great one

Hesitation to the ride system does not mean I don't want it to happen...It just means I'm hesitant

Reactions: ChrisFL and SkiBum
I know the concept art for the new park was released with a map but what is the likelihood things could change in the concept art map from now to the parks opening in the early 2020’s? Because when IOA first opened their were plans for a DC comics themed Universal park but they were changed after awhile and got shelved to make the plans into other IP’s like Jurassic Park, Marvel, Dr Suess, Lost Continent, Toon Lagoon/Popeye, and more. So I’m curious is the concept art really official or could things actually change if that’s possible since no themed lands have been officially announced.

Ya id expect it to be pretty much what we saw, with a few more details added. If this is opening in 2023 (just speculating) they'd need to start building these attractions off site (AAs, testing ride vehciles/systems, actually building a lot of the sets before they're shipped to Orlando) so theres a ton to be done. Id be surprised if they're plans are not relatively finalized as of now.

I know the concept art for the new park was released with a map but what is the likelihood things could change in the concept art map from now to the parks opening in the early 2020’s? Because when IOA first opened their were plans for a DC comics themed Universal park but they were changed after awhile and got shelved to make the plans into other IP’s like Jurassic Park, Marvel, Dr Suess, Lost Continent, Toon Lagoon/Popeye, and more. So I’m curious is the concept art really official or could things actually change if that’s possible since no themed lands have been officially announced.
I know Universal Studios Beijing plans did somewhat change with the success of Jurassic World. But I’m kind of hoping UEU plans are finalized and they are just tying up loose ends.

For me, it's more about the characters. I don't know how any of that would look good.
The way I think they could really pull off something would be to use Kuka arms with the characters attached to it to be able to pull of the movement. I don’t know how well of an actual animatronic could work attached to a Kuka arm though.

Reactions: truejonas
For me, it's more about the characters. I don't know how any of that would look good.

I imagine that it would be mostly screens with some practical effects thrown in. Maybe the Pokemon characters could invade the Mushroom Kingdom (expansion teaser) and then the Mario gang would need to fight them off. Use Charizard for fire effects, Squirtle for water, some rock Pokemon for earth (the seats could move around). Pikachu could use one of his moves to throw "lightning" across the theater.

It really depends on the execution, but I don't think it would be too bad.

The only way I could see it working is puppets. I think the same for Pokémon as well. I think the most important thing to nail though would be the effects. The air blast out of the ground when a character falls off the stage, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.