Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: House of 1000 Corpses

Feb 15, 2012

This fall, you’ll discover firsthand why this house is built on horror. Come face-to-face with the psychotic Firefly family and their collection of blood and gore. Watch “The Legend of Doctor Satan” come to life right before your eyes. Keep a lookout for the latest addition to Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen, Fish Boy! And if you’re lucky, you’ll escape the house as fast as a rabbit, minus the fluffy bunny costume and tragic ending.

House of 1000 Corpses Haunted House announced for Halloween Horror Nights | Inside Universal

Discuss.

i really hope this house has bray wyatt fiend easter eggs in it

Last edited:
A house based on House of 1000 Corpses? Meh, sounds kind of lame to me.

tumblr_njb0d4YT7C1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I feel like House of 1000 Corpses is a marketing tool in a way to promote Zombie's new Three From Hell film, I'm surprised Hollywood is getting the same and not addition with The Devil's Rejects so they have more of a reason to promote the house coming to their event again, missed opportunity. All in all I feel like this house will be a decent job, if Rob overlooked the house and wanted it to be how it was in Hollywood the last few times.

I feel like House of 1000 Corpses is a marketing tool in a way to promote Zombie's new Three From Hell film, I'm surprised Hollywood is getting the same and not addition with The Devil's Rejects so they have more of a reason to promote the house coming to their event again, missed opportunity. All in all I feel like this house will be a decent job, if Rob overlooked the house and wanted it to be how it was in Hollywood the last few times.

Devil’s Rejects I just do not think lends itself to a maze at all in my opinion.

Devil’s Rejects I just do not think lends itself to a maze at all in my opinion.

Zombie featured it at his own event, he had one house catered to House and the other cater rejects, it would been better add both versions together, there are some grotesque scenes in Rejects, the motel with Banjo and Sullivan, bathroom as well, the burning firefly house, tiny killing the sheriff, the sheriff killing Mother Firefly, The ghost of tom towles character from house in the nightmare sequence, there are couple of other things they can work with, also with Zombie, he would want to change something up to it, as much as he wants to change it up from being what House, if not then they should have done a Three From Hell house for Hollywood because it'd hype marketing and zombie in getting the movie more exposure, Zombie has been showing the teaser trailer constantly during his shows, people are excited but it would be great visual distraction house to get them hyped for the movie which comes out in September

Zombie featured it at his own event, he had one house catered to House and the other cater rejects, it would been better add both versions together, there are some grotesque scenes in Rejects, the motel with Banjo and Sullivan, bathroom as well, the burning firefly house, tiny killing the sheriff, the sheriff killing Mother Firefly, The ghost of tom towles character from house in the nightmare sequence, there are couple of other things they can work with, also with Zombie, he would want to change something up to it, as much as he wants to change it up from being what House, if not then they should have done a Three From Hell house for Hollywood because it'd hype marketing and zombie in getting the movie more exposure, Zombie has been showing the teaser trailer constantly during his shows, people are excited but it would be great visual distraction house to get them hyped for the movie which comes out in September

Part of me figures that with Hollywood doing ten mazes just doing HOTC is probably easier for them on the creative minds and budgets.

Though if I recall someone did blab they were doing a 3 From Hell based finale in the vein of The Games Of Jigsaw mazes.

Part of me figures that with Hollywood doing ten mazes just doing HOTC is probably easier for them on the creative minds and budgets.

Though if I recall someone did blab they were doing a 3 From Hell based finale in the vein of The Games Of Jigsaw mazes.

I agree, Hollywood did with the FVJ and TCM and Halloween till they were almost done to death and finished with em, but if something along that line maybe opens the door to something like Three From Hell coming next year or something, in all honesty, they should do something Zombie to bring an original to their event like he had back then which makes interested in what we see in that Hellbilly Deluxe scarezone, if it's promising, I wouldn't mind seeing that a house next year if done right of course.

I hope Otis gets you

This. Great movie, but not horror. Not even horror adjacent.

If you saw how Zombie's version of the maze was like at his event you could probably see it work out, but honestly I think it's best that its just House because we don't have to deal with any 3D effects which is awesome, that was what I was worried about, if whether or not it was going to be a 3D house or no, but I cannot wait to experience this and Hollywood's versions and see how both are stacked together.

If you saw how Zombie's version of the maze was like at his event you could probably see it work out, but honestly I think it's best that its just House because we don't have to deal with any 3D effects which is awesome, that was what I was worried about, if whether or not it was going to be a 3D house or no, but I cannot wait to experience this and Hollywood's versions and see how both are stacked together.

I'm happy with no 3D in mazes. I would probably trip over my own feet as I stare at things, knowing myself.

I'm happy with no 3D in mazes. I would probably trip over my own feet as I stare at things, knowing myself.
I'm glad with that too, it would have been a headache if we'd get a 3D house of this and Hollywood being given a regular version, I love the 3D houses in the past but I'm glad they are still taking a break from it and not utilizing it as much, also still excited that finally have this house at the event finally and hopefully it opens the door for us to get another Zombie house in the future.

Surprised there’s not more discussion about this house. Very excited to see how they pull it all off in the MiB Tent, it could easily end the curse of the new Jaws Queue.

Idk if I’m more excited to walk through the Murder Ride or see the Skull Chandelier in Dr. Satan’s lair

Surprised there’s not more discussion about this house. Very excited to see how they pull it all off in the MiB Tent, it could easily end the curse of the new Jaws Queue.

Idk if I’m more excited to walk through the Murder Ride or see the Skull Chandelier in Dr. Satan’s lair

Well, this probably would've gone in the Jaws queue ~10 years ago.

Just saw this movie again last night. I think there’s a lot of good material to use for the house. This is my most anticipated house.