Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Orlando fans: "I don't want to go to USH there's nothing unique there."

Also Orlando fans: "Ugh why isn't it HERE TOO/FIRST!?!?!?"
I'd push our land back if I knew we were getting all three rides....while I'm excited about Mario Kart...I just think its crazy not to open a secondary ride to spread crowds out like how Potter has the Wand Shop and little coaster both of those get lines (crazy I know) but still they help make it where the land isnt everyone just in the castle Q.

I'd push our land back if I knew we were getting all three rides....while I'm excited about Mario Kart...I just think its crazy not to open a secondary ride to spread crowds out like how Potter has the Wand Shop and little coaster both of those get lines (crazy I know) but still they help make it where the land isnt everyone just in the castle Q.

We are getting Yoshi... in the form of SLOP. The whole reason it's going to the Upper Lot is to help spread crowds.

We are getting Yoshi... in the form of SLOP. The whole reason it's going to the Upper Lot is to help spread crowds.
Yeah...i have no love or attachment to those characters (by how the second film did...I'd say no one does)

Most Gamers Love Yoshi and if you ever date a girl who's never heard of him and showed her Yarn Yoshi she will fall in love with him.
While I'm sure the ride will do fine...its no Nintendo ride even if its the same system.

Very interested to see how the SNW project interacts with the Lower Lot. If the land is about the same as USJ’s version, the entrance is currently blocked by the Panda Express/Studio Store/restrooms complex. So I’m wondering if before Nintendo, the LL will get a redesign similar to the Upper Lot. Is there enough time and is Universal willing to sacrifice ROTM?

Very interested to see how the SNW project interacts with the Lower Lot. If the land is about the same as USJ’s version, the entrance is currently blocked by the Panda Express/Studio Store/restrooms complex. So I’m wondering if before Nintendo, the LL will get a redesign similar to the Upper Lot. Is there enough time and is Universal willing to sacrifice ROTM?

Yes, but not for Nintendo.

Doubt it, it's the only popular indoor roller coaster in USH popular enough for teenagers and adults. At this point, the ride might stick around for a couple of more years.
Believe it or not with all of that said, Mummy is still on my hotlist for next few attractions leaving the park

Believe it or not with all of that said, Mummy is still on my hotlist for next few attractions leaving the park

Once SNW is open there is not really anywhere left to add a new attraction/land without removing ROTM and making use of the soundstages behind it.

Back to SNW - I do think we will end up with some kind of plaza where Panda is now - thinking similar to the SNW Japan entrance space as seen below.
Plaza.jpg

My guess is the main entrance/warp tube will be near Transformers and we'll only see Studio Cafe removed. (just a guess)

Food for thought (pun-intended), could it be possible if Panda Express goes down for a short period, so they could actually go in and have it be a Hogsmeade/Simpsons situation, of a dual-kitchen for both Panda and the Mushroom Cafe?

Reactions: Magic-Man
Here are some pics I got from the Lower Lot of Super Nintendo World construction today.ECTIrxIUcAAOdcP.jpg ECTIrxUUcAAW-gr.jpg ECTIrxUUcAAW-gr.jpg

Things seem to be moving fairly fast now. I think once this land is finished, it will greatly improve the park. Almost all the good rides other than Forbidden Journey are on the Lower Lot, so it will be good to have more space and stuff to do down there.

Attachments

• ECTIrxUUIAESWcg.jpg
    ECTIrxUUIAESWcg.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 2
Here are some pics I got from the Lower Lot of Super Nintendo World construction today.View attachment 10601 View attachment 10602 View attachment 10602

Things seem to be moving fairly fast now. I think once this land is finished, it will greatly improve the park. Almost all the good rides other than Forbidden Journey are on the Lower Lot, so it will be good to have more space and stuff to do down there.

That's great news! Still though, even with recent photos and evidence here, I still remain skeptical how long the MK ride is supposed to be and how it's supposed to be implemented in a supposed facade that is a smaller than the Mummy building itself.

That's great news! Still though, even with recent photos and evidence here, I still remain skeptical how long the MK ride is supposed to be and how it's supposed to be implemented in a supposed facade that is a smaller than the Mummy building itself.

It does look like a small amount of space, but I think they will use vertical space to give the Mario Kart ride a decent ride length. I think that the track might pass over and under itself a lot. The Mummy is in a building that isn't very tall, so it doesn't have much vertical space to work with. Since Mario Kart is being built from the ground up, there shouldn't be any major space limitations preventing it from being a long ride.

Reactions: Kevin McCane