Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

The $25 add on ticket is just a pass that allows you into Universal for the final 2 hours of operation, 3-5pm. Then, as you are already in the park and have a valid ticket for that night of HHN , you can go to any of the stay and scream locations and they will scan your HHN ticket just like anybody else and let you stay.

All it does is allow you into Universal at 3pm and thereby to stay and scream. Nothing else.

But yes, that will make stay and scream a bit crazier...I can't imagine the Hello Kitty area or whatever it's called...that was already bursting at the seams.

Sorry for not including a link, but the way the site is set up with all the collapsible sections, I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to link to that exact section :)

Sorry for not including a link, but the way the site is set up with all the collapsible sections, I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to link to that exact section :)

So if you already purchased a ticket is that no longer an option? I would LOVE the opportunity to get into the park earlier- a full ticket is out of our price range but I think we can swing $25 a piece. I'm just not seeing it listed anywhere unless you're ordering a ticket and then get it as an add-on.

ETA: Actually never mind, I think I can still order the add-on from here without ordering a ticket.

Have any of you ever maximized the night and hit up all 10 houses, AoV and all the open rides with express? I feel like it can probably only be done on the slowest of nights and if you do stay and scream.

Have any of you ever maximized the night and hit up all 10 houses, AoV and all the open rides with express? I feel like it can probably only be done on the slowest of nights and if you do stay and scream.

We've done all houses, Bill & Ted, and Rip Rocket, MIB, Gringots, Simpsons, Transformers and The Mummy including many beer and restroom breaks in a night with like an hour to spare.

We've chilled out in our old age and don't go quite as nuts. But doing Stay & Scream, we can easily do all 10 houses and catch a show and be done by midnight. I think last year we might have done all houses (minus Blumhouse), with maybe a ride or two, and been done by 10pm. It really averages out to like 30min per house including walking and queue in my experience going mid Sept when crowds aren't all that bad.

My wife and I did last year. Not EVERY open ride but the ones we wanted to ride (RotM, MiB, Gringotts, Rip Ride Rock It, Transformers), hit every maze, scare zone, and saw AoV. This year will be a bit more of a challenge with another show to watch. We may end up having to save something for the next night.

So if you already purchased a ticket is that no longer an option? I would LOVE the opportunity to get into the park earlier- a full ticket is out of our price range but I think we can swing $25 a piece. I'm just not seeing it listed anywhere unless you're ordering a ticket and then get it as an add-on.

ETA: Actually never mind, I think I can still order the add-on from here without ordering a ticket.

Let me know if this works, please? We bought our tickets a while ago and hope we can get in on this.

Last edited:
Let me know if this works, please? We bought our tickets a while ago and hope we can get in on this.

I was able to get this early add on today for a friend. Basically just added a one day ticket, then did this as an add on and took out the one day ticket as I had already purchased one for him earlier. It didn't force me to attach it to a ticket or day. All I had to do was attach his name to the early entry ticket and I was good to go.

Sorry, just saw this! It worked just dandy :) I was able to skip the ticket section and just click on "Extras" on the right hand side, then just selected the add-on from the top of the list. Bought three, one for me and the other two for my friends. All set!!

Sorry, just saw this! It worked just dandy :) I was able to skip the ticket section and just click on "Extras" on the right hand side, then just selected the add-on from the top of the list. Bought three, one for me and the other two for my friends. All set!!

No worries. I only posted it not long ago. Thanks!

Question: I'm attending Thursday 17 and Friday 18 of October. I think of purchasing the early add-on and wonder what day would be best suited to use it? I am leaning more on using it on Friday.

Question: I'm attending Thursday 17 and Friday 18 of October. I think of purchasing the early add-on and wonder what day would be best suited to use it? I am leaning more on using it on Friday.
Yeah, I'd say Friday is your best bet there. Though it looks like that week is "hell week". Orange county schools have teacher workdays/student holidays on the 17th/18th. not sure about other districts, but you're looking at a tough go that week.

Yeah, I'd say Friday is your best bet there. Though it looks like that week is "hell week". Orange county schools have teacher workdays/student holidays on the 17th/18th. not sure about other districts, but you're looking at a tough go that week.
It is, same as last year, the lines were decent with the exception of Sunday. It was terrible.

Love that they brought back the scream early option! It’s going to work perfectly for my one day visit, but I can also see it reeking havoc on S&S throughout the event.

Not sure what thread this would go in, but does anyone know if Team Members can bring a guest with them to preview night, or if it’s just TMs? I’m assuming it’s the latter.

Not sure what thread this would go in, but does anyone know if Team Members can bring a guest with them to preview night, or if it’s just TMs? I’m assuming it’s the latter.

I’m no longer a TM, but the last two years it was TMs only.

It used to be that TMs could bring a guest, but once VB opened and there was more TMs, they changed to TM only.