Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Did you not read the article? They specifically said prices for different numbers of people. Their numbers could be wrong, but they specifically mentioned a single person being $3,300 and a group of 5 being $7,200. Your assertion that "double occupancy" is $3,300 doesn't make sense with the numbers stated. Why not get 2 rooms then? This is twice now you've brought up the same thing.

Because I think they might be getting info through a game of telephone. Disney Cruse Line prices at two people even if you’re the only one in the room. I could see someone saying “it’s $3300 for one person” to them without the full pricing picture.

When you consider they'll have round the clock staffing of "actors" giving back story and creating the atmosphere it makes sense this will be priced the way it is. I'd guess there may be costuming for guests as well, and I'd guess this will be all inclusive pricing for meals and activities. That's why it's being done by the cruise line who specializes in this kind of self contained experience package already.

When you consider they'll have round the clock staffing of "actors" giving back story and creating the atmosphere it makes sense this will be priced the way it is. I'd guess there may be costuming for guests as well, and I'd guess this will be all inclusive pricing for meals and activities. That's why it's being done by the cruise line who specializes in this kind of self contained experience package already.

We’re making a lot of assumptions here of what this is going to offer.

We’re making a lot of assumptions here of what this is going to offer.
I don't think so. I have talked to people involved and the impression I've been given is there's a scenario playing out on the "ship" with actors as crew throughout the hotel 24/7. That's why the stay is 3 days, 2 nights so guests get the whole scenario played out through their stay. Everyone gets the same experience (until they build a new scenario to create repeat business). Full immersion LARPing.

I don't think so. I have talked to people involved and the impression I've been given is there's a scenario playing out on the "ship" with actors as crew throughout the hotel 24/7. That's why the stay is 3 days, 2 nights so guests get the whole scenario played out through their stay. Everyone gets the same experience (until they build a new scenario to create repeat business). Full immersion LARPing.

Correct. And I certainly think they'll have costuming for guests. If nothing else for the other guests. How is it going to look when you're trying to LARP and you're all dressed up and someone else is in their Philadelphia Eagles Jersey?

Aint gonna happen. This will be to the 9's, as you said.

I mean, lets look at it from the other direction. The dinner theater restaurant from Galaxy's Edge is supposedly being moved to this hotel or something like it. If occupancy is low, Disney could create a hard ticket after hour event where regular guests would get to explore GE and then be transported to the hotel to experience the dinner show only and be transported back. This could be outside of the normal showing for hotel guests and those event guest could be kept completely separate from the hotel guests. Disney could easily get $300 a person for exclusive land access and a dinner show. I'm sure they have considered a bunch of contingencies like this.

Correct. And I certainly think they'll have costuming for guests. If nothing else for the other guests. How is it going to look when you're trying to LARP and you're all dressed up and someone else is in their Philadelphia Eagles Jersey?

Aint gonna happen. This will be to the 9's, as you said.

1) Never underestimate an Eagles fan's ability to be very obvious. :lol:

2) Here's what I think the hotel/experience will be sold as and offer.

A two night, three day stay base costs is $3300 plus tax. It is for two people, includes food, non-alcoholic drinks, and "unlimited excursions". Additional people, up to four, can be added for an additional fee (lets say $750 per person for those over 10, with free or less for those under). It'll be advertised as a "per person" rate with four people on the website (so "starting at $600 per person!").

This will highly focus on the cruise ship model to the point there will be select start dates with set end dates. My prediction is they offer Friday-Sunday "trips" and Monday-Wednesday "trips. This gives one half day break and a full one day of cleaning/day off to actors.

Itineraries will be booked at check in, which gives Disney an idea of how many guests what to do an experience plus what sort of general things they like. So if you book a rebel itinerary you'll have a rebel set of events in the hotel and at SWGE. You'll also book the time frame you'll be in SWGE as an excursion. While there are set events every day with actors anything in-between is with non-actors and hotel staff. I expect events and excursions will occur between 8am till 5pm, then another round 7pm till 9pm. Dinner will be at 5:30-6:30pm.

Check out will be at 11am on your third day at which point you can go to SWGE for the day or any other Disney park.

The idea of being fully immersed in that kind of scenario is my kind of hell.

Does anybody know how many of those R2D2s have been sold at DL? The ones at 20 grand?

This hotel experience falls into that kind of expandable cash for me.

If it's supposed to be a "cruise" then maybe they would staff it like a cruise? Cause they pretty much have to turn around all the cabins in one day. Not even a whole day. I mean a cruise ship would still probably have more "cabins" so it may be easier. But who knows at this point.

To be fair, I'm not sure how cruises work. But I would assume that their housekeeping has additional staff at their primary port of call and/or, more likely it's outsourced at the primary port of call. Meaning they staff for the routine mid-stay cleanings and don't get the staff required for a full turnaround that is much more labor intensive than a mid-stay clean at a hotel.

If they did turnaround every 2 days, and staffed for that- Let's pretend that would require -say 10 for easy math- people for that turnaround. And during a mid-night stay of simple picking up and making bed it would take 5 people for all the rooms, so the other 5 are twiddling their thumbs (or all 10 are just half working). Or, they just have a staff of 7-8 and can stay optimally staffed.
On a cruise ship, you are pretty much kicked out of your room at 8-9 am and new guests aren't allowed in the rooms till after 1pm. It's the same staff that does it all week. They just give them enough time to strip the linens, put in new, and vaccuum/wipe everything. It's not too painfully different than a standard hotel on a big turnover day. Just with that you can stay in your room till 11 and new guests can't get in till 3. The 3 day 2 night part is going to be key. What time can you check in, and what time do you have to check out?

Since this is basically gonna be a cruise ship on land, will the crew also live at the hotel during each "trip?"

"Port day" at Batuu should settle the debate on admission to other parks--that's a no. I really do think you'll be "comped" into DHS that day.

Putting all guests in costume is a clever way to make it unclear how many actors to expect. In that first photo, I see two or three Equity actors plus Chewie and two stormtroopers (I believe they fall under the same rules/pay grade as foamheads). Still, with 200 - 300 guests, two 5 hour shifts, that's a lot.