Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

A quick Disney+ demo:

It's especially telling, considering they already got Season 2 greenlit for just the first season; and even then, everyone's wowed by what Jon and his team have been able to push.

If this, is the future of Star Wars in some ways..I am all for it. It feels unique and something that truly stands out in the best sense, as I love the tone and direction placed with it. The best comparison I give in my vibes, is that this reminds me of the Dollars trilogy, mixed in with Star Wars feeling Sci-Fi and grit.

Makes me very excited about the Cassian Andor show too in some regards.
I think once we get past Episode 9, Star Wars could really pick up with the fan-base again because we'll be beyond a saga where all of those beloved characters were. It's finished no matter how you thought of it.

The future of Star Wars seems to be very interesting with a lot more original stories being told. Basically working with a blank canvas so to speak.

Last edited:
A few more trailers I don't think i've seen here:
The most interesting non-Marvel, non-Star Wars show by FAR right now. Looks like a mix of Comedians in Cars and Jon Favreau's The Chef Show.

This show has 52 episodes coming already. Seems like it's a short-form docu-series about pretty much every arm of TWDC.

This is a High School Musical show I can get behind, especially as a theatre geek.

This is a very poor rip off of ELF by the looks of things, but it also has that Hallmark vibe to it that people eat up. Still stand by my statement that I love the cast for this. I think their talents are being wasted here, though.

Looks... ok? Certainly not my thing though. It does look like it could've been a theatrical release. Doesn't look too far off from that Christopher Robin movie last Year, which is basically just one of Disney's lower budgeted remakes. I'm sick of live-action talking dog movies, though. :lol:

Last edited:
The Goldblum show looks delightful. NOELLE appears extremely made-for-TV. Easy to see why it's winding up on the streaming service instead of its once-intended theatrical release.

LADY AND THE TRAMP at least looks like a handsome production, in terms of cinematography and production design, but those dogs appear mostly expressionless, which is the trade-off when working with real animals. Sometimes (many times), it's better to leave something in animation and not bring it into live action.

Also, here's a Timeline of every Star Wars Film/TV/Theme Park project in what Disney considers the current canon. It confirms that SWGE takes place AFTER Rise of Skywalker, whereas most had been placing it around TLJ timeline.
zrhGbQs.png

Actually if you look carefully SW:GE is before EP IX also that Mandalorian trailer, wow that has had some money thrown at it and they already announced season 2 for it.

Yeah there's a a continuation of the line to put it between the two movies.

Anyway, uh, that timeline is not something I look at with confidence and a desire to get into.

So, uh.... do we have anyway how episodes will release for series'? I had just naively assumed they would follow netflix's model of dumping everything at once, but then I remembered that's not how Disney-owned Hulu does things. I also heard some thing yesterday that point to a weekly release as opposed to an episode dump.

Cool. I actually prefer that style so I can focus on one episode on a time rather than feel like I *have* to binge the whole series as soon as it comes out because I don't want to hear any spoilers.

I know it's a bit different as they're talk shows, but I like that Netflix does weekly releases with Hasan Minaj's show and spreads out releases with David Letterman's show. I really wonder if Netflix will ever move to week-to-week(although I think they release too many shows now and have grown too big to turn back from their current model). I just find that while an Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, GLOW, etc generate buzz one release weekend, the buzz dies off almost immediately whereas with HBO or Hulu, the week-to-week model serves well for water cool talk and keeping buzz for shows going over the long run.

Cool. I actually prefer that style so I can focus on one episode on a time rather than feel like I *have* to binge the whole series as soon as it comes out because I don't want to hear any spoilers.

I know it's a bit different as they're talk shows, but I like that Netflix does weekly releases with Hasan Minaj's show and spreads out releases with David Letterman's show. I really wonder if Netflix will ever move to week-to-week(although I think they release too many shows now and have grown too big to turn back from their current model). I just find that while an Orange is the New Black or GLOW generates buzz one release weekend, the buzz dies off almost immediately whereas with HBO or Hulu, the week-to-week model serves well for water cool talk and keeping buzz for shows going over the long run.

I'm in the same boat. I enjoy the feeling of waiting for a new episode. And like you said, this keeps people talking about their service for multiple weeks in a row with the release of each new episode, which is great for them.

While I know it isn’t that important, it annoys be that they are referring to “Star Wars” as a studio when it just isn’t.
It’s just about brand recognition and LucasFilm doesn’t have nearly the brand recognition that Star Wars has.

Remember, they’re trying to sell people on the product and why they should get the service still.

From the sounds of it, it seems like seasons will be rather short.

Anyways Disney+ looks great, easily the strongest contenders for a new streaming service. The Hulu bundle makes it all the more sweeter.

From the sounds of it, it seems like seasons will be rather short.

Anyways Disney+ looks great, easily the strongest contenders for a new streaming service. The Hulu bundle makes it all the more sweeter.
All Marvel series are 6-episodes. The Mandalorian however is 10 episodes (which to me is the streaming sweet spot), so I think Marvel's series' being 6-episodes is likely just a Feige thing.

Although I think it was said that the Obi-Wan series is only 4 hours (so idk if it'll be 30 min episodes or just 4 episodes at one hour, but only 4 hours is definitely short. On the other end of things that docuseries One Day at Disney gets 52 episodes. Of course, docuseries' are cheap.

All Marvel series are 6-episodes. The Mandalorian however is 10 episodes (which to me is the streaming sweet spot), so I think Marvel's series' being 6-episodes is likely just a Feige thing.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the Marvel shows are more-so just mini series, than actual long-form series. It'll be interesting to see if they renew any of them for a second season or if it's one and done and then move on to other characters.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the Marvel shows are more-so just mini series, than actual long-form series. It'll be interesting to see if they renew any of them for a second season or if it's one and done and then move on to other characters.
Considering the Disney+ series are supposed to be a legit part of the MCU now, i'm thinking it'll only be one season then maybe 2-3 three years later do a "sequel season". Don't forget, just like WandaVision, that a lot of the characters on these shows may find quick paths into the films shortly after their Disney+ series is finished.

I certainly wouldn't get hopes up for second seasons, but there'll be such a consistent amount of series being produced telling different stories that for MCU fans, it won't really matter.

The fact that these shows connect to the MCU is huge imo. A spinoff marvel show is still fun but not nowhere near as appealing as potential film quality level series from these shows. Its already been said that Wandavision ties directly into Doctor Strange 2, so idk thats a major selling point for me personally. They're really making it seem like you NEED Disney+ if you're a big MCU fan.