Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

So Mary Poppins is just getting an area? No ride? Or did I miss something?
I'm not sure bc the feed I was watching went out right at that announcement. But Chapek sure did a big windup to hype it up. Made it seem like they were about to announce Brazil. But doesn't even seem they'll announce that now.

I'm not sure bc the feed I was watching went out right at that announcement. But Chapek sure did a big windup to hype it up. Made it seem like they were about to announce Brazil. But doesn't even seem they'll announce that now.

My prediction still stands!

I mean, after the terrible opening performance for SWGE, did we really expect them to invest a ton in their parks at the moment?

I mean, after the terrible opening performance for SWGE, did we really expect them to invest a ton in their parks at the moment?

To be fair, they are still investing a ton in the parks, just not necessarily on the right things IMO. Epcot will be big bucks, probablt more than SWGE,

I mean, they are investing over a billion easy at Epcot right now.

Beat me to it!

I mean, they are investing over a billion easy at Epcot right now.
Fair, but that was planned even pre Galaxy’s Edge. For me, the rumored AK attraction in 2024 should’ve been teased, the new DHS attraction (blue box, or whatever it’s called), and more Star Wars hotel into. I feel last time they announced A TON where they seem to maybe be playing a waiting game on major future investments. Just my take but these are also all their big stuff the next few years so let’s see if it pays off! I certainly plan a vacation to WDW soon

Fair, but that was planned even pre Galaxy’s Edge. For me, the rumored AK attraction in 2024 should’ve been teased, the new DHS attraction (blue box, or whatever it’s called), and more Star Wars hotel into. I feel last time they announced A TON where they seem to maybe be playing a waiting game on major future investments. Just my take but these are also all their big stuff the next few years so let’s see if it pays off! I certainly plan a vacation to WDW soon
The amount they invested in the parks from last D23 was unsustainable even for a company like Disney.

That said, this was still one of the worst D23 Parks panels.

There is nothing the mouse hates more than the idea that anyone could be making money off the parks without them. Looking at you touring plans.

Hopefully Disney genie isn't too good because planning around crowds is the only advantage I have left at Disney.

Joe Rohde is the Perfect person to handle the Lighthouse Point project. He gets it and will try to preserve the natural beauty.

Disney Wish cruise ship coming 2022.

It seems like every name is having a switcharoo just before announcement.
Space 220 and Magic Happens ended up being right.

It was pretty lackluster, IMO. Some cool things for Epcot - although it was odd to see certain things teased that wasn't announced, or even mentioned. On-board with it all, even SSE (unless they IP it up, since they teased a Moana connection.) The only thing that piqued my interests was the Poppins and Avengers ride, which offered nothing substantial in details. The Marvel stuff on a whole seems corny and mediocre.