Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

...how can you be a celeb if you're just a CM at Disneyland? I...

BUT PLEASE DO TELL!!!
Happens with CMs at Disney and TMs at Universal all the time. And it's why people stay working there despite lower pay than they could get elsewhere: Exposure. Helps to build a "brand" for themselves since you are bringing a following of loyal fans with you wherever you go.

Look no further than Bill & Ted if you want an example for Orlando. PJ and Jason built HUGE followings doing that and doing the M&Gs after the shows as well. I know PJ ended up playing Star-Lord last year at Epcot. Not sure about this year.

With what's seemingly represented..a good guess of the story comes to mind.

It's WEB's Open House (mentioned in the snippit of text seen at D23) under way, Peter Parker and his teams are unveiling their inventions to the world. In the queue, people will see things inspired by various Marvel heroes in tech, and as people enter the showroom; they are greeted by a WEB-Consultant. As the WEB-Consultant speaks of WEB's goal, and the bringing up of Peter Parker; the WEB HQ is under attack by the remnants of the Mysterio Crew's as they send Drones into the facility. As guests enter escape pods, they are given the chance to use forms of web-slingers to defend themselves from the Drones; as Spider-Man comes around every so often in the attraction to aid and help those in the Pods.

The vehicles would be fully enclosed, ala' 2,000 Leagues at TDS, and would have transparent screen-based media to represent what's happening in-front of the passengers in the capsules (usually two capsules each dispatch).

Happens with CMs at Disney and TMs at Universal all the time. And it's why people stay working there despite lower pay than they could get elsewhere: Exposure. Helps to build a "brand" for themselves since you are bringing a following of loyal fans with you wherever you go.

Look no further than Bill & Ted if you want an example for Orlando. PJ and Jason built HUGE followings doing that and doing the M&Gs after the shows as well. I know PJ ended up playing Star-Lord last year at Epcot. Not sure about this year.

I mean... cool? Good for them! But they're certainly not actually famous.

If they’ve already filmed with Holland for the ride (which I don’t know one way or the other), would they be able to use that for the ride or could Sony say no now?

I think the Sony deal is for the movies only.

It would be possible for Disney to continue their Spider-Man story on Disney+ if they felt so inclined. They could even use the same actors unless they have something in their contracts saying otherwise.

Exposure doesn't pay the bills, it's like paying an artist in "exposure".
I mean, I didn’t insinuate that it did? My point is that people like the exposure they get from working at a theme park and *wrongly* (most of the time) assume that the exposure means it will lead to something bigger.

Will be interesting what they say about this at D23 tomorrow. Will Holland portray Spider-Man (can’t imagine Sony would mind the free advertising) or will it be in the style of the comics?

Feige: Spider-Man wasn't going to be in the MCU forever
Disney: Opens a Spider-Man ride based in the MCU
Yeeeeaahhhh, that's a huge "ooof" on their part.

After seeing some concept art for the ride and the preshow, my expectations for this have risen from expecting a "dumpster fire" to an "okay ride". I really hope Spidey is an AA. While I'm still underwhelmed and don't expect this to be anywhere near as good as IoA's Spidey, I think it will be okay. I'm wondering if there will be any simulator kind of elements.

It just popped in my head that Spider-Man is opening next year, and they DIDN'T announce a name for the ride. I'm stunned thinking about that.

So Spider-Man has one of the largest and most well-known Rogue's Galleries alongside Batman, and what we're going up against in this ride is....Spider-Bots....

Man, Dis is really showing they don't -get- the IP they have at ALL.

On one hand if they do baddies they'd be compared to the IoA ride, on the other spider-bots suck. Maybe there will be bad guys after all but they just want it to be a surprise?

On one hand if they do baddies they'd be compared to the IoA ride, on the other spider-bots suck. Maybe there will be bad guys after all but they just want it to be a surprise?
It doesn't help that Justice League at SFMM about two hours up the 5 freeway also is a superhero dark ride where you shoot tiny robots. I think this will get a lot of comparisons to that ride.

If Universal retains the theme park rights to Marvel worldwide, would they do any better to this very day?
I mean... you're asking questions that we can literally never know the answer too. Although for them to have kept the rights would've meant a Spider-Man clone at USH most likely, so I can definitely say that that ride is better than a hands free TSM.

So Spider-Man has one of the largest and most well-known Rogue's Galleries alongside Batman, and what we're going up against in this ride is....Spider-Bots....

Man, Dis is really showing they don't -get- the IP they have at ALL.

Here’s the problem.

It’s based on the MCU. You can’t have any of the big classic villains because they’ve never been featured or cast.